U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2006, 07:17 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
You folks don't understand these are human beings

We all understand they are human beings, we all also understand that they are illegal human beings in this country draining it dry. Haven't you kept up with what they are doing to this country, the burden on our tax dollars that it takes to support these millions of people.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:22 PM

33 posts, read 65,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
No he isnt depressed, Mcdonalds sucks and he didnt want to work there, he just needed a job. he works at radio shack 50 hours a week and goes to school full-time. And I said if everyone could get a student loan then everyone would go to college that wanted to but that isnt reality, but it isnt that simple. he didnt have any credit and we couldnt cosign, and yes 4500.00 paid for 1/2 his yearly books but nothing else. his college for three years is $60,000.00 so no, 4500.00 isnt alot of money. We are helping when we can and he hopes to be able to qualify for one next year. Dont base everything on california, not all places offer things.
Neal,
I don't know if you are still reading and writing on this thread, I just read it today and the last entry was mid December, but I wondered why no one had posted or thought about the problem might just be the fact that your son might not speak in SPANISH.

My daughter had the same problems finding work in our area, which is highly populated with hispanics. We determined that the cause was her not being fluent in Spanish. It was fine for the Hispanics to not be fluent in English, but it was a requirement that employees at Mc Donalds, Starbucks, Taco Bell, and many other franchises in our neighborhoods speak Spanish. If you notice on the applications it always asks, "What language, other than English do you speak?"

I am an Elementary School Teacher in a primarily Spanish speaking community, and I have been asked the same question, for English only classrooms. Although I am not fluent in Spanish, I do speak some, but not enough for these immigrants (both legal and illegal). Even in the English only classroom, which there are very few, many of the teachers teach in Spanish for at least part of the day. Students are suppose to be transitioned 100% to English by the 4th grade, but most of the teachers continue to teach in Spanish through 3rd grade. Any new jobs I have seen posted for teachers in my area have bilingual requirements.

There are a few parents who actually want their children to learn in English. Those parents may not know much English themselves, but they do understand that their children can be more successful and go on to college if they learn English. Most parents, however, are very resentful that their children are "forced" to learn English. Any discipline taught at home is minimal, but teachers as myself are frowned on very heavily for the slightest bit of discipline being enforced. Most of the district is employed by hispanics and the board members are mostly hispanic. If you go down the streets, you will see signs posted... all in Spanish. For at least 50 miles in each direction, you will find the radio stations are about 90% Spanish speaking.

This is very discouraging, however, I do not believe that building a fence is going to do a thing to benifit America. Americans have been far to lenient over the years and the problem about illegal immigrants has gotten far out of hand. Americans have allowed it. As obsurd as it may sound, Americans need to embrace Mexico and become one nation. Own their problem, so to speak. Mexicans are here and they are not going away. If they want to stay so bad, make them citizens. All citizens must be held to the same standards, (laws) as the rest. It may be a problem with the law that we need to change (the law seems to protect criminals of all sorts).

Any business or individuals who are working under false or illegal pretense, without legal SS cards should be punished. These are illegal crimes and we, as American citizens should be allowed to make citizens arrests of these people without being accused of racism. This is reverse discrimination to the max!

Old 01-29-2007, 12:19 PM

5 posts, read 35,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkx7 View Post
illegal immigrants are causing crime and taking jobs from American citizens. Also, many of them abuse healthcare services and other services, thus increasing the taxpayers' burden. Illegal immigrants are criminals by definition, and should be addressed as such.
In Arizona illegal aliens are diefied by the current Democratic Governor. She has thrown the legal citizens overboard to cater to the illegals. Arizona is a hell hole with many of her cities just extensions of many mexican border towns. Crime is rampant not only along the border, but also the metro Phx area, especially Mesa. The quality of life is terrible because of the politically correct direction of the Govornor and her henchmen. The Mesa police Dept has a history of sexual hanky-panky, and even having sex in their cruisers with female ride-alongs. Also, the mesa Police Dept. is known for using lethal force against its citizens,in instances where mace, pepper spray would have sufficed.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney View Post
Absolutely on the mark, tkx7. I think the word ILLEGAL and criminal should always be used together!
most mexicans only want to earn some $$ to send home to "Nana" and put a little $ away to buy a 5 acre ranch in Mama Mexico to raise chiles and beans! Just ask them !!They have NO interest in becoming a citizen(Our government is SO stupid) The illegals drive with no license, insurance and many are drunk. When they kill and maim our citizens they run back to Mama Mexico and are protected by their corrupt Government. Our hospitals, schools and prisons are overrun by these criminals but OUR government is afraid to point out the truth for fear of being labeled "INSENSITIVE",or RACIST. US IS a paper tiger in Iraq and in its failure to defend our border. America is well on its way to becoming a 3rd world country just like Mama Mexico. Thank your politicians who have NO HUEVOS Amigo.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Boy this question sounds like bait, but I'll bite.

Yes, build a fence, wall, moat. Anything to help keep illegals on the legal side.
The local Wal-Mart manager told me he is missing 76 new grocery carts since opening the new store. The mexicans bring them home and leave them in the street. Their children think the grocery carts are skate boards, and they wind up in the middle of the street at dusk. Is this the america we want to leave OUR children?

Old 01-29-2007, 01:04 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,540,895 times
They cater to the Mexicans in my town. They're allowed to drive vehicles with no insurance - no valid registeration/tags. The cops turn their heads with these people. I'm sick of it. Why am I paying to cover myself and family in case of accidents, when they're allowed to do whatever they want. My town is infested with them. We have 2 meat packing plants here, and not long ago, they did arrest a few who were using stolen documents.

For anyone to say, well give them a chance, they're here to better their lives, please. If they want to live here, do it legally. They are depleting our system. The money they make here, goes back to Mexico. The line up here in the grocery/walmart store to cash their check, get money orders to send back home.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:06 PM

67 posts, read 260,547 times
Gringo seems like hes on the wrong side of this fence .Like so many others he wants to point out the bad we do .Lets remember we are not sending our poor uneducated low class citzens to your country ( and it s your crooked goverment that keeps these people down).And one more thing you can own land in the U.S. .we cant own land in Mexico .Americans have always wanted to help others .But we are going to put an end to those who are taking advantage of us .Do you hear the rumbling .It AMERICA awakening.Get off your couches .quite watching the media outlets taht dont tell the truth .Think for youreselves .Learn our heritage and what the 2nd and 14th add. means.And WAKE UP!!Good luck to all.and dont forget the race card is the last refuge for those without an argument!

Old 01-29-2007, 07:54 PM

18 posts, read 55,483 times
Default I got my tool belt on

Build the fence allready!!!

I live in NM and see illegalls on a daily bases. I am friends with many of them. I believe most are honest and hard working. But they are here ILLEGALLY!! Maybe we need a few workers in the fields maybe we dont. Everyday that I get up I follow the law, I pay taxes everyday. Why OH WHY cant we seem to do anything that will take the burrdens off our schools so my kids can get a decent education?

When I was younger I didnt have parents to pay for my doctor bills. Maybe I should have lied and said I WAS HERE ILLEGAL but I didnt. I am still paying on those bills. I also lived on ramen noodles. I didnt get medical help or food stamps.

It just does'nt seem fair to me, an AMERICAN BORN Citizen!!

Old 01-30-2007, 08:14 AM

1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhChoo View Post
Just ask them !!They have NO interest in becoming a citizen.
How would you know what they want?!

Old 01-30-2007, 08:37 AM

504 posts, read 1,619,132 times
I know a lot of Mexicans, legal and illegal and every one of them is trying to learn English and become a citizen or get papers.
My neighbors down the road are citizens and I for one am glad they are here, they are good neighbors, friendly and helpful.
May be the Mexicans you know sense hostility and react the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or