U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 01:31 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,055,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddykay View Post
Hi there,

I am new to the forums but advised to post here for some advice. I plan to move to Texas in the very near future to be with my US girlfriend. However, as i will be coming there as an illegal irish alien I am worried about finding work there without having a working visa/paperwork etc. I have a totally clean record and much experience here in Ireland. But I am willing to do whatever type of work that is available out there. Of course i would love to do it legally but that doesnt appear to be an option

So really what I am asking is, where in Texas would be the best and most likely place that I could find work as an illegal alien without any paperwork at all?

I have been told that the oil fields in Texas are recruiting a lot of non skilled people, but would they hire an illegal alien??

Another question....without sound racist in anyway....but how do the Mexicans who cross the border illegally manage to find jobs there?

All i want to do is to be with my US girlfriend and be able to support her by working hard and making a good living for both of us.

Please dont suggest marriage, although this may happen further down the line, its too early at this stage.

Any help greatly appreciated

Paddy (Irishman)

Don't drink the green kool-aid. This guy is very obviously a troll.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:06 PM

9,047 posts, read 9,126,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olliesyd View Post
I am Irish and would often, in a light-hearted manner, refer to myself as a Paddy. I'm proud of the fact I am Irish. I don't give a shi*e if Yanks or whoever else call me a 'Paddy' as I embrace the term and see it somewhat as endearing...
I'm partly Irish and I'm too proud of it, but I take offense to the P word. If Michael Richards did a stand up routine where he said we need to hang all the p@ddies, I'd put it on Youtube and call for a boycott of the Seinfeld boxed set.

BTW, of all the potential screen names, why would somebody choose one that contains the P word, and then post here rather than the other immigration forum stocked with people from all over the world looking to imvade.

Smells like NCLR bait to me...
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or