U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 06:44 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,792,009 times

Advertisements

O found this article when reading about something else, 18 years later and I'm sure it's worse now.

Unskilled Immigrants Are Taking Jobs Away From Poor Blacks - Chicago Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 07:19 PM

66 posts, read 53,209 times
Illegal Immigration Impact On Black America
Forums for Justice - government of the people, by the people, for the people - Illegal Immigration's Impact on Black Americans http://bit.ly/GX7CZr

Old 02-03-2013, 09:56 PM

47,314 posts, read 24,671,082 times
When i look at this topic, i continue to find it odd that everyone wants black people, who are barely 12% of the population, to be the bulwark against illegal immigration. It's as if we're somehow responsible for the problem in the first place.

I look at all the industries that have been taken over by illegals....cooks, meatpackers, textiles, hotels, agriculture, landscaping, domestics, etc., and it's pretty clear who is responsible for this problem in the first place. Who invited these people here? African Americans? Really? We hired all of those agriculture workers? We own those meatpacking plants? We hired all of those Mexican domestics? We own all of those hotels and restaurants with that illegal alien kitchen staff?

We all know the answers to those questions. But let's not hold the real culprits responsible. You know, because that makes no sense i guess.

No, if we're gonna stop illegal immigration and amnesty, the Black Caucus and African Americans in general are the responsible party to stop it. And why not, huh? No one else has ever wanted to do it apparently. They were too busy getting rich off of it.

Helpless people are funny. White people haven't done a damn thing in their power to put a stop to illegal immigration while the wealthier members of their group made millions from the practice. So instead of lashing out at those people, they'd rather lash out at black folks who have NEVER had any power to put a stop to it.

Anyway...too late. This nation wanted the cheap labor and the cheap prices as a result of that labor, so lay in the bed you made.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:39 AM

23,618 posts, read 31,208,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
When i look at this topic, i continue to find it odd that everyone wants black people, who are barely 12% of the population, to be the bulwark against illegal immigration. It's as if we're somehow responsible for the problem in the first place.

I look at all the industries that have been taken over by illegals....cooks, meatpackers, textiles, hotels, agriculture, landscaping, domestics, etc., and it's pretty clear who is responsible for this problem in the first place. Who invited these people here? African Americans? Really? We hired all of those agriculture workers? We own those meatpacking plants? We hired all of those Mexican domestics? We own all of those hotels and restaurants with that illegal alien kitchen staff?

We all know the answers to those questions. But let's not hold the real culprits responsible. You know, because that makes no sense i guess.

No, if we're gonna stop illegal immigration and amnesty, the Black Caucus and African Americans in general are the responsible party to stop it. And why not, huh? No one else has ever wanted to do it apparently. They were too busy getting rich off of it.

Helpless people are funny. White people haven't done a damn thing in their power to put a stop to illegal immigration while the wealthier members of their group made millions from the practice. So instead of lashing out at those people, they'd rather lash out at black folks who have NEVER had any power to put a stop to it.

Anyway...too late. This nation wanted the cheap labor and the cheap prices as a result of that labor, so lay in the bed you made.

Huh? I don't blame black people for illegals! That's preposterous.

I blame the illegals themselves, the companies and people who continue to employ them, and successive administrations/Congresses going back for decades....regardless of ethnicity or national origin.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 AM

31,710 posts, read 14,631,102 times
Quote:

I don't know of anyone who is blaming black Americans for this illegal immigration mess we are in. This topic is about the Black Causus pushing for amnesty. The question is "why" since black Americans are just as affected by the loss of job opportunities and other negative impacts of illegal immigration as whites and other Americans. What does it matter what race or skin color a business owner has? I hold them all accountable if they hire illegal immigrants. Why lump these greedy business owners in with "regular" Americans of any race? We aren't getting rich off of illegal immigration in fact quite the opposite is true. In reality many of these small business owners are Hispanics and hire illegal immigrants of their ethnic group for kitchen help, landscaping, etc. Many of these business owners are Democrats also.

I don't know where you are getting that it is expected that the black community be responsible for stopping illegal immigration. It would just be nice if they joined together with non-black Americans who are for the rule of law to help stop it instead of pushing for amnesty. What difference does it make what the race/skin color of the majority of our congressmen who are getting kick backs from illegal immigration have to do with it? Obama is promising amnesty to them but no criticism of him for that? Why no criticism of the ethnocentric type of Hispanic who thinks their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws? Instead you just criticize white Americans.

No, regular middle class and low income Americans did not want cheap labor. Why would they when it removes job opportunities for them, deflates their wages and increases their taxes? They didn't make this bed so why should they pay for the lapse of our governent to enforce our immigration laws and the actions of greedy employers regardless of race? It appears that it is you that doesn't want to put the blame on "all" of the guilty parties and putting blame on regular Americans (especially if they are white) who had no control over this situation nor did they desire illegal immigrants to come here and create the problems that I have mentioned within this post.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:20 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,304,914 times
Quote:

Where's your anger against the CBC? They're supposed to help Black people out; NOT keep them down. Working for amnesty for ILLEGAL aliens IS helping to keep the Black man down. Sheesh!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:36 AM

156 posts, read 112,016 times
Politicians of any stripe seem to have one goal: to increase their political power, even at the expense of their constituents. I think the Black Caucus has determined that this will enable them to remain relevant for at least a while longer. It's a short-sighted strategy IMHO.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Huh? I don't blame black people for illegals! That's preposterous.

I blame the illegals themselves, the companies and people who continue to employ them, and successive administrations/Congresses going back for decades....regardless of ethnicity or national origin.
Fair enough.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
1. I don't know of anyone who is blaming black Americans for this illegal immigration mess we are in. This topic is about the Black Causus pushing for amnesty. The question is "why" since black Americans are just as affected by the loss of job opportunities and other negative impacts of illegal immigration as whites and other Americans. What does it matter what race or skin color a business owner has? I hold them all accountable if they hire illegal immigrants. 2. Why lump these greedy business owners in with "regular" Americans of any race? We aren't getting rich off of illegal immigration in fact quite the opposite is true. In reality many of these small business owners are Hispanics and hire illegal immigrants of their ethnic group for kitchen help, landscaping, etc. Many of these business owners are Democrats also.

3. I don't know where you are getting that it is expected that the black community be responsible for stopping illegal immigration. It would just be nice if they joined together with non-black Americans who are for the rule of law to help stop it instead of pushing for amnesty. What difference does it make what the race/skin color of the majority of our congressmen who are getting kick backs from illegal immigration have to do with it? Obama is promising amnesty to them but no criticism of him for that? Why no criticism of the ethnocentric type of Hispanic who thinks their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws? 4. Instead you just criticize white Americans.

No, regular middle class and low income Americans did not want cheap labor. Why would they when it removes job opportunities for them, deflates their wages and increases their taxes? They didn't make this bed so why should they pay for the lapse of our governent to enforce our immigration laws and the actions of greedy employers regardless of race? 5. It appears that it is you that doesn't want to put the blame on "all" of the guilty parties and putting blame on regular Americans (especially if they are white) who had no control over this situation nor did they desire illegal immigrants to come here and create the problems that I have mentioned within this post.
1. Bull. Blacks ARE being blamed for this mess just because we aren't as vocal about illegal immigration as conservative whites are. Conservatives have never wanted to lock hands with African Americans on anything before, but all of a sudden, it's imperative that we "come together" to stop what WHITE BUSINESS OWNERS have been benefiting from for years...cheap labor.

If you guys can be so adamant that blacks face up to certain truths about ourselves, then you can damn sure face up to this one.

2. You're in denial. Wealthy whites are primarily responsible for the hordes of illegal immigrants, and the white middle class were never so indignant about it before. But now all of a sudden, it's time to lash out. Why weren't you conservatives so up in arms when Reagan signed that amnesty? Was that the blacks fault too?

3. Oh really? Are all whites joined together to stop illegal immigration? According to just about every poll i've seen lately, a majority of Americans are for some sort of immigration reform that would include amnesty. But now you're trying to tell me that a majority of non-black Americans are against this immigration reform and amnesty and the big bad black people just won't play along? Nonsense.

Again, we're barely 12% of the population. Most of us don't even live anywhere near the border. Whites are still over 70% of the population, why can't they put a stop to this illegal immigration and amnesty themselves? They lost millions of jobs too. And why are conservative politicians now all of a sudden considering a path to citizenship?

4. No, i'm not critisizing all white Americans. I'm criticizing conservative whites with short memories about who is responsible for illegal immigration in the first place....big business, overwhelmingly owned by whites, that have gotten VERY wealthy with their cheap illegal workforce. Again, i remember the Reagan amnesty like it was yesterday and i don't remember any outrage. I guess it's because you were saving it for the Black Caucus.

5. Because again, the responsible parties are overwhelmingly white, that's why. Show me proof that all of those hotels, restaurants, textile mills, carpet factories (been to north Georgia lately?), agriculture, meatpacking, and landscaping companies are or were owned by blacks. C'mon...lemme have it. You know damn well who brought these people here for the most part and have been responsible for the sustenance of these illegals.

For the last time, we didn't bring these people here, and it's not our fault that you're unhappy about their presence.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:20 AM

18,563 posts, read 15,792,009 times
Quote:

Who is saying Black people are the only ones to stop illegals? Please plenty of White folks support this nonsense. Speaking for myself I'd just like to see a little bit more objection from Black leaders in this topic. Illegal immigration does impact Black Americans hard, in particular urban Black Americans so I don't understand why there should be universal support of amnesty from the CBC.

Then again Black folks are forever throwing away their political capital so this should be expected.

This topic is over for me. I'm just going to enjoy the whining coming from Blacks and other parts of the Dem constituencies when they can't find jobs. Should be humorous and entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration