U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 AM
 
31,654 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Reputation: 8439

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
1. Bull. Blacks ARE being blamed for this mess just because we aren't as vocal about illegal immigration as conservative whites are. Conservatives have never wanted to lock hands with African Americans on anything before, but all of a sudden, it's imperative that we "come together" to stop what WHITE BUSINESS OWNERS have been benefiting from for years...cheap labor.

If you guys can be so adamant that blacks face up to certain truths about ourselves, then you can damn sure face up to this one.

2. You're in denial. Wealthy whites are primarily responsible for the hordes of illegal immigrants, and the white middle class were never so indignant about it before. But now all of a sudden, it's time to lash out. Why weren't you conservatives so up in arms when Reagan signed that amnesty? Was that the blacks fault too?

3. Oh really? Are all whites joined together to stop illegal immigration? According to just about every poll i've seen lately, a majority of Americans are for some sort of immigration reform that would include amnesty. But now you're trying to tell me that a majority of non-black Americans are against this immigration reform and amnesty and the big bad black people just won't play along? Nonsense.

Again, we're barely 12% of the population. Most of us don't even live anywhere near the border. Whites are still over 70% of the population, why can't they put a stop to this illegal immigration and amnesty themselves? They lost millions of jobs too. And why are conservative politicians now all of a sudden considering a path to citizenship?

4. No, i'm not critisizing all white Americans. I'm criticizing conservative whites with short memories about who is responsible for illegal immigration in the first place....big business, overwhelmingly owned by whites, that have gotten VERY wealthy with their cheap illegal workforce. Again, i remember the Reagan amnesty like it was yesterday and i don't remember any outrage. I guess it's because you were saving it for the Black Caucus.

5. Because again, the responsible parties are overwhelmingly white, that's why. Show me proof that all of those hotels, restaurants, textile mills, carpet factories (been to north Georgia lately?), agriculture, meatpacking, and landscaping companies are or were owned by blacks. C'mon...lemme have it. You know damn well who brought these people here for the most part and have been responsible for the sustenance of these illegals.

For the last time, we didn't bring these people here, and it's not our fault that you're unhappy about their presence.
Why do you continue with this white conservative thing? Do you actually think it is only white conservatives that are opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty? How is asking the black community to take a stand with all of us for the rule of law on this issue blaming them for this mess? That makes no sense to me.

Why do you continue to talk about white businessmen hiring illegal immigrants when they aren't the only ones who do it? Do you not think that Hispanic, Asian and even black Americans hire illegal immigrants also?

Illegal immigration has reached critical mass and that is why there is more vocal opposition to it of late. We have 23 million Americans out of work, our economy is in the dumpster and our taxes going through the roof and you want to blame it on what? I recall when Reagan signed his amnesty that I was opposed to it also but that was only supposed to be for 300,000 illegals when 3 million came forward. Our economy was doing ok and I don't recall a big shortage of jobs. You can't see the difference in that and today?

You keep quoting as saying things I never said. The majority of Americans regardless of race or ethnicity do not want amnesty for 12 million plus illegals. I don't know what biased polls you are looking at but there was an internet poll recently that backed up my claims overwhelmingly and I posted it in here.

Some of the GOP in congress are starting to soften on this issue because fools that they are they think this will garner them more of the Hispanic vote....it won't! We regular Americans for the rule of law regardless of our race or ethnicity don't advocate for what these clueless GOPers are doing.

I don't give a lick whom you think brought these illegals here. The fact remains is that all of the greedy employers are not white. You know damned well that is true and yet you choose to only harp about the white greedy employers. What differnce does it make what race these greedy employers are? What they are doing is unlawful.

Why do you keep spouting the nonsense that myself or even most Americans blame blacks for this? I certainly haven't said that and in fact have said I don't but you just choose to ignore it. All I am saying is that I wish more of the black community would join us in this fight against illegal immigration rather than advocating for an amnesty for illegal immigrants.

If you plan to continue with this constant blame game of conservative, white Americans while ignoring that the bottom line should be that us "regular" law abiding Americans of all races should join together and demand that our government enforce our immigration laws rather than rewarding those who break them including these greedy employers then I can't continue discussing this issue with you. Once again, I do not blame the black community for this mess. I blame our government, the greedy employers (of all races) and the illegals themselves. I can't make it any clearer than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-04-2013, 08:55 AM
 
47,314 posts, read 24,649,386 times
Reputation: 14470
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Who is saying Black people are the only ones to stop illegals? Please plenty of White folks support this nonsense. Speaking for myself I'd just like to see a little bit more objection from Black leaders in this topic. Illegal immigration does impact Black Americans hard, in particular urban Black Americans so I don't understand why there should be universal support of amnesty from the CBC.

Then again Black folks are forever throwing away their political capital so this should be expected.

This topic is over for me. I'm just going to enjoy the whining coming from Blacks and other parts of the Dem constituencies when they can't find jobs. Should be humorous and entertaining.
When you can't find a job, you might not find it so funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why do you continue with this white conservative thing? Do you actually think it is only white conservatives that are opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty? How is asking the black community to take a stand with all of us for the rule of law on this issue blaming them for this mess? That makes no sense to me.

Why do you continue to talk about white businessmen hiring illegal immigrants when they aren't the only ones who do it? Do you not think that Hispanic, Asian and even black Americans hire illegal immigrants also?

Illegal immigration has reached critical mass and that is why there is more vocal opposition to it of late. We have 23 million Americans out of work, our economy is in the dumpster and our taxes going through the roof and you want to blame it on what? I recall when Reagan signed his amnesty that I was opposed to it also but that was only supposed to be for 300,000 illegals when 3 million came forward. Our economy was doing ok and I don't recall a big shortage of jobs. You can't see the difference in that and today?

You keep quoting as saying things I never said. The majority of Americans regardless of race or ethnicity do not want amnesty for 12 million plus illegals. I don't know what biased polls you are looking at but there was an internet poll recently that backed up my claims overwhelmingly and I posted it in here.

Some of the GOP in congress are starting to soften on this issue because fools that they are they think this will garner them more of the Hispanic vote....it won't! We regular Americans for the rule of law regardless of our race or ethnicity don't advocate for what these clueless GOPers are doing.

I don't give a lick whom you think brought these illegals here. The fact remains is that all of the greedy employers are not white. You know damned well that is true and yet you choose to only harp about the white greedy employers. What differnce does it make what race these greedy employers are? What they are doing is unlawful.

Why do you keep spouting the nonsense that myself or even most Americans blame blacks for this? I certainly haven't said that and in fact have said I don't but you just choose to ignore it. All I am saying is that I wish more of the black community would join us in this fight against illegal immigration rather than advocating for an amnesty for illegal immigrants.

If you plan to continue with this constant blame game of conservative, white Americans while ignoring that the bottom line should be that us "regular" law abiding Americans of all races should join together and demand that our government enforce our immigration laws rather than rewarding those who break them including these greedy employers then I can't continue discussing this issue with you. Once again, I do not blame the black community for this mess. I blame our government, the greedy employers (of all races) and the illegals themselves. I can't make it any clearer than that.
You simply can't accept the truth about what group is ultimately responsible for this problem. You know damn well who those people are. Hint: not minorities, and you know it.

Were you outraged when Reagan signed that amnesty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 AM
 
Location: Cali
3,886 posts, read 5,998,723 times
Reputation: 2200
[quote=desertdetroiter;2808611

Were you outraged when Reagan signed that amnesty?[/QUOTE]

I was!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 09:38 AM
 
47,314 posts, read 24,649,386 times
Reputation: 14470
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I was!
Oh yea? So what did you do about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 10:20 AM
 
31,654 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Reputation: 8439
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
When you can't find a job, you might not find it so funny.


You simply can't accept the truth about what group is ultimately responsible for this problem. You know damn well who those people are. Hint: not minorities, and you know it.

Were you outraged when Reagan signed that amnesty?
Geez, you just don't quit do you? What difference does it make what race a congressmen or business man is that perpetuated this illegal immigration problem when going forward it was businessmen of different races/ethnic groups and even Democrats that kept hiring them unless you don't consider Hispanics and Asians minority groups. Stop focusing on race or political party for God's sake and let's move forward as a united country to stop this mess.

I already said I objected to Reagan signing that amnesty. Did you miss that post? Any further comments that I made about that amnesty is that now we now have at least 4 times the number amnestied back then and our economy and jobs situation weren't what they are today. Our population wasn't over 315 million back then either with our natural and social resources stretched thin.

I am done with you as you seem hell bent on playing the blame game by race/party affiliaton. Have a nice life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 10:51 AM
 
31,654 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Reputation: 8439
Here are some additional points that should be made under this topic for all to read and absorb.

Nobody is blaming the "average" black American. The topic is the black leadership, specifically the CBC.

"Average" everyday whites are no more to blame than anyone else. Most "average" whites do not hire illegal immigrants. There are a lot of wealthy LIBERAL whites though that hire nannies and gardeners, etc. Same goes for business along with non-white liberal business owners.

And as far as whites being 70% of the population: it's really interesting to me that most of the time we are being told--gleefully I might add--that we are fast becoming a minority--UNTIL it seems that it is convenient to resurrect this huge white "majority." Fact is that whites are now less than 2/3 of the overall population in the U.S. and an outright minority in some areas. Whites are no longer a majority in California for example.

All of this is a side issue anyhow as whites do not vote as a block; however, black Americans do. But again, the topic here is NOT the "average" black person, but the leadership--the CBC. The CBC purports to represent the best interests of black citizens. Yet in this case, they are obviously representing the interests of illegal foreigners in contradiction to the interests of black American citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 11:33 AM
 
16,709 posts, read 8,656,221 times
Reputation: 4693
Allowing those illegals in would flood the US job market with 17 million cheap labors.

You think you can't find a job now? Wait until they become your competitors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 PM
 
47,314 posts, read 24,649,386 times
Reputation: 14470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Geez, you just don't quit do you? What difference does it make what race a congressmen or business man is that perpetuated this illegal immigration problem when going forward it was businessmen of different races/ethnic groups and even Democrats that kept hiring them unless you don't consider Hispanics and Asians minority groups. Stop focusing on race or political party for God's sake and let's move forward as a united country to stop this mess.

I already said I objected to Reagan signing that amnesty. Did you miss that post? Any further comments that I made about that amnesty is that now we now have at least 4 times the number amnestied back then and our economy and jobs situation weren't what they are today. Our population wasn't over 315 million back then either with our natural and social resources stretched thin.

I am done with you as you seem hell bent on playing the blame game by race/party affiliaton. Have a nice life.
The members of the CBC don't only have only black constituents.

And I'm playing the blame game because wealthy white business owners are to blame.

I don't give a damn about you being finished with me. Accept the truth and live on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Here are some additional points that should be made under this topic for all to read and absorb.

Nobody is blaming the "average" black American. The topic is the black leadership, specifically the CBC.

"Average" everyday whites are no more to blame than anyone else. Most "average" whites do not hire illegal immigrants. There are a lot of wealthy LIBERAL whites though that hire nannies and gardeners, etc. Same goes for business along with non-white liberal business owners.

And as far as whites being 70% of the population: it's really interesting to me that most of the time we are being told--gleefully I might add--that we are fast becoming a minority--UNTIL it seems that it is convenient to resurrect this huge white "majority." Fact is that whites are now less than 2/3 of the overall population in the U.S. and an outright minority in some areas. Whites are no longer a majority in California for example.

All of this is a side issue anyhow as whites do not vote as a block; however, black Americans do. But again, the topic here is NOT the "average" black person, but the leadership--the CBC. The CBC purports to represent the best interests of black citizens. Yet in this case, they are obviously representing the interests of illegal foreigners in contradiction to the interests of black American citizens.
Whether or not we vote as a bloc is immaterial. My congressman isn't even black. Most African Americans in this country are NOT represented by a CBC member. Get that through your goddamn head!

If you don't want this to be about race, then start threads about white members of congress that support amnesty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Allowing those illegals in would flood the US job market with 17 million cheap labors.

You think you can't find a job now? Wait until they become your competitors.
They're already your competitors. So how's that turning out for you.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
When i look at this topic, i continue to find it odd that everyone wants black people, who are barely 12% of the population, to be the bulwark against illegal immigration. It's as if we're somehow responsible for the problem in the first place.

I look at all the industries that have been taken over by illegals....cooks, meatpackers, textiles, hotels, agriculture, landscaping, domestics, etc., and it's pretty clear who is responsible for this problem in the first place. Who invited these people here? African Americans? Really? We hired all of those agriculture workers? We own those meatpacking plants? We hired all of those Mexican domestics? We own all of those hotels and restaurants with that illegal alien kitchen staff?

We all know the answers to those questions. But let's not hold the real culprits responsible. You know, because that makes no sense i guess.

No, if we're gonna stop illegal immigration and amnesty, the Black Caucus and African Americans in general are the responsible party to stop it. And why not, huh? No one else has ever wanted to do it apparently. They were too busy getting rich off of it.

Helpless people are funny. White people haven't done a damn thing in their power to put a stop to illegal immigration while the wealthier members of their group made millions from the practice. So instead of lashing out at those people, they'd rather lash out at black folks who have NEVER had any power to put a stop to it.

Anyway...too late. This nation wanted the cheap labor and the cheap prices as a result of that labor, so lay in the bed you made.
The bulwark? No. Take a stand? Yes. I don't recall anyone even intimating the CBC or black Americans in general are being "blamed" for illegal immigration. Nor am I aware of anyone suggesting black folks should be expected to be the only group opposing amnesty. I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion, but it certainly can't be in response to my original post, or the comments that followed. In fact, that's quite a stretch. Perhaps you'd like to prove your point by quoting a post containing that accusation.

Anyone following this issue should be aware of the negative impact illegal immigration has had on uneducated/low-skilled black Americans. Moreover, common sense dictates if a country has an influx of employment-seeking uneducated foreigners, they'll be in direct competition with citizens of any race or ethnicity whose lack of education severely limits their job options. Granted, black unemployment has traditionally been higher than other groups. But, having millions of illegals entering the job market has only exacerbated the problem. I would expect the CBC and NAACP to be cognizant of such a crucial issue, and work in tandem to address the problem. I certainly wouldn't expect them to join forces with pro-amnesty groups, and throw poor black citizens under the bus.

If I'm not mistaken, I provided an in-depth opinion of employers in a prior discussion with you. As far as I'm concerned, the owners of every company that knowingly and willfully employs illegals should to be heavily fined, forfeit all assets, and serve a mandatory 10-20 year prison sentence, without the possibility of parole. I hold those employers with as much contempt as our worthless, corrupt politicians and government. They are the primary culprits.


Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
1. Bull. Blacks ARE being blamed for this mess just because we aren't as vocal about illegal immigration as conservative whites are. Conservatives have never wanted to lock hands with African Americans on anything before, but all of a sudden, it's imperative that we "come together" to stop what WHITE BUSINESS OWNERS have been benefiting from for years...cheap labor.

If you guys can be so adamant that blacks face up to certain truths about ourselves, then you can damn sure face up to this one.

2. You're in denial. Wealthy whites are primarily responsible for the hordes of illegal immigrants, and the white middle class were never so indignant about it before. But now all of a sudden, it's time to lash out. Why weren't you conservatives so up in arms when Reagan signed that amnesty? Was that the blacks fault too?

3. Oh really? Are all whites joined together to stop illegal immigration? According to just about every poll i've seen lately, a majority of Americans are for some sort of immigration reform that would include amnesty. But now you're trying to tell me that a majority of non-black Americans are against this immigration reform and amnesty and the big bad black people just won't play along? Nonsense.

Again, we're barely 12% of the population. Most of us don't even live anywhere near the border. Whites are still over 70% of the population, why can't they put a stop to this illegal immigration and amnesty themselves? They lost millions of jobs too. And why are conservative politicians now all of a sudden considering a path to citizenship?

4. No, i'm not critisizing all white Americans. I'm criticizing conservative whites with short memories about who is responsible for illegal immigration in the first place....big business, overwhelmingly owned by whites, that have gotten VERY wealthy with their cheap illegal workforce. Again, i remember the Reagan amnesty like it was yesterday and i don't remember any outrage. I guess it's because you were saving it for the Black Caucus.

5. Because again, the responsible parties are overwhelmingly white, that's why. Show me proof that all of those hotels, restaurants, textile mills, carpet factories (been to north Georgia lately?), agriculture, meatpacking, and landscaping companies are or were owned by blacks. C'mon...lemme have it. You know damn well who brought these people here for the most part and have been responsible for the sustenance of these illegals.

For the last time, we didn't bring these people here, and it's not our fault that you're unhappy about their presence.
You seem to have a huge chip on your shoulder, in particular, in relation to conservative white Americans. I infer this not only from your comments here, but also from other threads. Contrary to your belief, all white conservatives are not racists. In fact, I know many who are very decent people. Some are also minority benefactors, and would have no problem fighting alongside others in support of black causes. They're just regular citizens who happen to be white and hold conservative views. Conversely, I also know white so-called liberals who are hardcore racists. However, unlike their conservative counterparts, who let it all hang out, they tend to stay in the closet until they're around like-minded people. Frankly, I prefer overt racism. Then, at least I know what to expect.

In case you don't know, conservative white Americans do not have a monopoly on "big business" or illegal employment. Furthermore, who do you think most politicians on both sides of the aisle hire as maids, cooks, and gardeners? Do you think they give a damn whether their housekeeper is here illegally? You are either naive or simply in denial, if you actually believe only white conservatives are responsible for illegal immigration. Both parties are responsible, and neither party has done a damn thing to stop it, with the exception of the demonized Republicans who refused to support amnesty in 2007, and those promptly made the target of DOJ lawsuits for daring to try to pass anti-illegal laws at the state level.

Please explain how white conservatives relate to the topic of this thread, or negate the fact that the CBC has abandoned its mission? It is true that some CBC members do not represent black constituents. Nonetheless, black causes have been, and continue to be, their professed focus. The CBC was once a very worthwhile organization, but has sadly lost most of its relevance. Consequently, I believe they now fear they will sink even further into the abyss if they don't pander to the Hispanic Caucus and other pro-amnesty special interest groups and organizations. I suppose they're convinced if they play nice, those groups will throw them some crumbs. What a pathetic ending.

Last edited by Benicar; 02-04-2013 at 05:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 05:23 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times
Reputation: 3028
The CBC Vision and Mission

Quote:
CBCF Vision
We envision a world in which the black community is free of all disparities and able to contribute fully to advancing the common good.

CBCF Mission
Our mission is to advance the global black community by developing leaders, informing policy and educating the public.

CBCF Will Achieve Its Mission By:
• Facilitating the exchange of ideas and information to address critical issues affecting our communities.
http://www.cbcfinc.org/visionandmission.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top