U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2013, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
The Congressional Black Caucus is going to join the push for more low-wage immigration, reversing its stance in 2006 and 2007, when it avoided the controversy.
The CBC has now "evolved" and will support amnesty for illegal aliens, despite its impact on the community they purport to represent. In fact, they will make it one of their top three priorities. I wonder if black-on-black crime, gang violence, education, or jobs made their "priority" list.

And, this explains their sudden change of heart. . .

Quote:
But African-American politicians are also under pressure to cooperate with Hispanic lobbies, because some of their districts are increasingly Latino, rather than African-American.
Black Caucus to join push for amnesty, immigration | The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2013, 11:17 AM
 
66 posts, read 53,128 times
Reputation: 21
Black unemployment drops to 13.8%
Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

Illegal immigrant border crossings rising on amnesty prospect Arrest numbers signal 9 percent jump in illegal immigration in 2012 - Washington Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2013, 01:38 PM
 
Location: texas
9,138 posts, read 6,481,610 times
Reputation: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The CBC has now "evolved" and will support amnesty for illegal aliens, despite its impact on the community they purport to represent. In fact, they will make it one of their top three priorities. I wonder if black-on-black crime, gang violence, education, or jobs made their "priority" list.

And, this explains their sudden change of heart. . .


Black Caucus to join push for amnesty, immigration | The Daily Caller
Maybe it would be better to change the CBC from the inside. I suggest you run for office and join.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2013, 05:43 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The CBC has now "evolved" and will support amnesty for illegal aliens, despite its impact on the community they purport to represent. In fact, they will make it one of their top three priorities. I wonder if black-on-black crime, gang violence, education, or jobs made their "priority" list.

And, this explains their sudden change of heart. . .


Black Caucus to join push for amnesty, immigration | The Daily Caller
Like you said: I don't get it about the CBC and why they like illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2013, 10:18 PM
 
Location: North Texas
23,599 posts, read 31,135,299 times
Reputation: 26656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Maybe it would be better to change the CBC from the inside. I suggest you run for office and join.
I keep telling Benicar she ought to run for office! I'd vote for her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones
Maybe it would be better to change the CBC from the inside. I suggest you run for office and join.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I keep telling Benicar she ought to run for office! I'd vote for her!
As much as I'd like to believe I could make a difference, the CBC is too far gone. They abandoned their mission years ago when greed and self-interest became their driving force. However, I suspect in a few years they'll become even less relevant than now. Without a doubt, despite their pandering, most will be replaced by Hispanics. They have become nothing more than a social club for Washington's black so-called elite, masquerading as congressional representatives.

The truth be told, most are just a few missed paychecks (or bribes) away from panhandling, because they don't have enough sense to live within their means. No, they must drive the most expensive cars, dine at the most expensive restaurants, frequent the most expensive stores, must be mortgaged to the hilt -- all to exude power and success. Sadly, Washington is an extremely status conscious town full of snobbery and pretense. Actually, it's rather sickening. If you think LA is bad, just hobnob with the upper-crust of Washington. They make the "stars" in LA look humble.

During an interview, a sports reporter asked Alfred Morris (Redskins star running back) why he continues to drive his old car. I think his car is at least 15 y/o. His response should be heeded by all. He said, "Just because I now have lots of money, doesn't mean I have to spend it." I hope his Washington experience doesn't change his philosophy.

No, I don't think I could hold my nose long enough to be a member of the CBC, nor would I try. But, thanks for the vote of confidence.

Oops! I originally quoted the wrong post.

Last edited by Benicar; 02-02-2013 at 08:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Reputation: 27519
Give it up. The agenda has won and groups are throwing in the towel on fighting amnesty.

Realization has set in..you can't deal with 11+ million illegals any other way.
It's the same that led to the Reagan amnesty.

This is deja vu all over again only 4x or more greater in headcount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,768,765 times
Reputation: 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The CBC has now "evolved" and will support amnesty for illegal aliens, despite its impact on the community they purport to represent. In fact, they will make it one of their top three priorities. I wonder if black-on-black crime, gang violence, education, or jobs made their "priority" list.

And, this explains their sudden change of heart. . .


Black Caucus to join push for amnesty, immigration | The Daily Caller
They've always supported amnesty. Nothing new only the deceased Barbara Jordan was a forceful black congressional opponent of mass immigration in modern times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 10:54 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As much as I'd like to believe I could make a difference, the CBC is too far gone. They abandoned their mission years ago when greed and self-interest became their driving force. However, I suspect in a few years they'll become even less relevant than now. Without a doubt, despite their pandering, most will be replaced by Hispanics. They have become nothing more than a social club for Washington's black so-called elite, masquerading as congressional representatives.

The truth be told, most are just a few missed paychecks (or bribes) away from panhandling, because they don't have enough sense to live within their means. No, they must drive the most expensive cars, dine at the most expensive restaurants, frequent the most expensive stores, must be mortgaged to the hilt -- all to exude power and success. Sadly, Washington is an extremely status conscious town full of snobbery and pretense. Actually, it's rather sickening. If you think LA is bad, just hobnob with the upper-crust of Washington. They make the "stars" in LA look humble.

During an interview, a sports reporter asked Alfred Morris (Redskins star running back) why he continues to drive his old car. I think his car is at least 15 y/o. His response should be heeded by all. He said, "Just because I now have lots of money, doesn't mean I have to spend it." I hope his Washington experience doesn't change his philosophy.

No, I don't think I could hold my nose long enough to be a member of the CBC, nor would I try. But, thanks for the vote of confidence.

Oops! I originally quoted the wrong post.

You know you have my vote. Every thing you say is spot on. And about success, if those who have nothing come into sucess by way of earning it. And achieve money in the process.

How many of these people remain humble. And true to their honest sincere beliefs. Not many. I would like to see you go toe to toe with the Washington Politcians. And give them a dose of real medicine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 10:55 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,768,765 times
Reputation: 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Give it up. The agenda has won and groups are throwing in the towel on fighting amnesty.

Realization has set in..you can't deal with 11+ million illegals any other way.
It's the same that led to the Reagan amnesty.

This is deja vu all over again only 4x or more greater in headcount.
Yeah this issue is dead to me. Ironically it's the issue that introduced me to the GOP but the writing is on the wall. At this point the only thing to squabble about is if the illegals will get a path to USA citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top