U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 02:00 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times

Advertisements

I think it will be much longer. The American people don't want this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 04:20 PM

16,694 posts, read 8,639,497 times
Great. Let it die! Nothing about the illegal immigration bill is good for the country.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:37 PM

66 posts, read 53,135 times
we can only hope, and work our tails off contesting this attempt to legalize illegals.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:25 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Let's hope. This big amnesty would be very damaging to this country, it's very divided already and the amount of poverty it would bring in would be staggering.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:40 AM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Let's hope. This big amnesty would be very damaging to this country, it's very divided already and the amount of poverty it would bring in would be staggering.
I hope it will be a repeat of what happened when the last amnesty was being pushed. There was such public outrage with phone calls and e-mails that it never made it through congress.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
The longer it takes the better. It will give opponents enough time to expose their lies and trickery. I keep hearing people say the devil is in the detail. No truer words. If passed, the new law is as destined for failure as the last. Hopefully, as details emerge, and the true costs and consequences of amnesty are revealed, closed minds and eyes will open. If not, heaven help us.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:28 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
I call BS. Obama wants it rushed and Harry will be only too glad to obey him.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I call BS. Obama wants it rushed and Harry will be only too glad to obey him.
I have to question Obama's motives. Does he actually want CIR to pass, or does he want to insist on provisions that are much too liberal for Republicans to ever support? That way, he will guarantee its failure. Then, he can blame Republicans, and in the process have continuing Hispanic support for Democrats.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:57 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have to question Obama's motives. Does he actually want CIR to pass, or does he want to insist on provisions that are much too liberal for Republicans to ever support? That way, he will guarantee its failure. Then, he can blame Republicans, and in the process have continuing Hispanic support for Democrats.
Each party is now looking at the next major voting block.
Both are trying to grab it.

That's what it's all about..getting that Hispanic voting block "on your side".
There's nothing altruistic coming from either side..it's rabid partisan politics and who can get to them first.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Each party is now looking at the next major voting block.
Both are trying to grab it.

That's what it's all about..getting that Hispanic voting block "on your side".
There's nothing altruistic coming from either side..it's rabid partisan politics and who can get to them first.
Agreed. Republicans can pander until the cows come home. But, they're delusional if they believe they'll garner support from Hispanics by voting for amnesty. Ain't gonna happen. Rather than pandering for votes, they should emphasize reforming the law to benefit our country, not illegals. Changes should be made to our legal immigration process. We need immigrants who will actually be an asset, not a liability. Sadly, now that the Hispanic vote reigns supreme, politicians will give them exactly what they want. Watch, the next demand will be visas for the illiterate, unskilled family members illegals left behind, and our spineless politicians will gladly acquiesce. It makes me sick to my stomach to watch them sell our country to illegals and shamelessly grovel for votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or