U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 01:22 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,963,834 times

Advertisements

Because our tax system is so progressive and favors married people with kids, I'm leery when I hear that phrase. I just picture a lot of illegals filing their back taxes and getting a bunch of refunds and "earned income tax credits". Has anyone heard a politician address this? Has any politician said that the illegals would not qualify for those types of refunds? What about the legal status conferred upon the illegals? Would they suddenly qualify for even more entitlements than they do now?
I read somewhere that the Repubs were proposing a change to the claiming of dependents by those filing under a TIN number rather than a SSN. There were certain illegals who were claiming dependents who lived in Mexico and getting these tax refunds back to them. Is there any kind of guarantee that wouldn't happen?
Then when Obamacare hits, the poor souls will qualify for FREE healthcare while single folks like me who have been working since age 15 will have to PAY if we make over $44,600 AGI/year. How is that fair?

Last edited by wehotex; 02-03-2013 at 01:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 04:33 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,772,681 times
Yes, of course it's phoney. Once legalized, most illegals will actually get an EITC check instead of paying any taxes.

You don't come here eager to work for the very lowest wages and have the largest numbers of children if you plan on paying any income taxes.

As for all the dependents left behind in Mexico, they will be brought here. That's one reason they are demanding citizenship and legal status. That's what all the "family reunification" talk is about. Any kids still not smuggled over here will be brought in and used for all the child tax credits as possible.

Illegals will also be the first in line to get financial aid for college since their families have unreportable income and eagerly accept the very lowest paying jobs.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:37 PM

9,138 posts, read 6,492,192 times
I dont think you can get a Earned income exemption credit if you owe taxes.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:40 PM

1. We all know there are many more than 11 million illegals here. There are estimates of 30 million but certainly there are at least double what is being claimed now to justify a big amnesty. They figure it won't bother Americans too much having 11 million added to the labor pool and having only 11 million Americans added to unemployment, but they know that 30 million more unemployed Americans might bother some people.

2. Every illegal has at least 1 family member still living back home, many have many more -- between grandparents, parents, siblings, and children, one illegal could have 20 or more people to come join him here for "family reunification".

3. Any family member documentation from Mexico could easily be faked and purchased so that cousins, neighbors, friends, and so on could "become" siblings or children and be brought in.

The cost of this amnesty will be horrendous -- adding so many people so quickly to the food stamps and health care alone will be enormously expensive.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I dont think you can get a Earned income exemption credit if you owe taxes.
How can you owe taxes on income made on a stolen social security number or unreportable unprovable income from cash-under-the-table?

All the illegal has to do is claim he made $7000 a year and has dependents and he will pay no back taxes.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:46 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,963,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, of course it's phoney. Once legalized, most illegals will actually get an EITC check instead of paying any taxes.

You don't come here eager to work for the very lowest wages and have the largest numbers of children if you plan on paying any income taxes.

As for all the dependents left behind in Mexico, they will be brought here. That's one reason they are demanding citizenship and legal status. That's what all the "family reunification" talk is about. Any kids still not smuggled over here will be brought in and used for all the child tax credits as possible.

Illegals will also be the first in line to get financial aid for college since their families have unreportable income and eagerly accept the very lowest paying jobs.
Check this article from Politico. In the first few paragraphs, they are pro-immigrant and the latter half resemble the truth more. Read the readers' comments too:

Taxes key to immigration debate politics - Rachael Bade and Lauren French - POLITICO.com

Old 02-03-2013, 05:27 PM

66 posts, read 53,211 times
Illegal Immigrants Continuing Ripoff of American Taxpayers - Tax Loopholes Investigation Tax loophole investigation - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Obama IRS refunds 'Illegals' $4.2 billion for kids--in Mexico NBC: Obama IRS refunds 'Illegals' $4.2 billion for kids--in Mexico - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Will lawmakers act to close tax loophole for illegal immigrants? Will lawmakers act to close tax loophole for illegal immigrants? - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Illegal Aliens Getting Bigger Tax Refund Checks? Report: Illegal Aliens Getting Bigger Tax Refund Checks? | Illegal Aliens | Fox Nation

Depriving Illegal Immigrants of 'Child Tax Credit' Patch Blog: Depriving Immigrants of 'Child Tax Credit' - Eagle Rock, CA Patch

Old 02-03-2013, 06:21 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,714,336 times
This sentence from the OP article is the tell
Quote:
Still, it’s an idea that helps soften the politically charged perception of immigration reform to skeptics, and it’s part of the bipartisan, but still vague, Senate proposal to offer the estimated 11 million U.S.-based undocumented workers a path to legal residency.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:24 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,963,954 times
Yeah..I have to laugh at that one.

20+ years of working, possibly for cash or under someone else's SS number and they will pay back taxes.
Like these people will just write a check for tens of thousands of dollars to the IRS.

I can't even fathom having to pay 20 years of back taxes on income I never declared.
I would just say I didn't work ..they can't prove it one way or another.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 PM

16,721 posts, read 8,668,170 times
I think it meant we need to pay them welfare if they haven't got any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or