U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 11:48 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times

Advertisements

EDIT FROM DELETED REFERENCED COMMENT

Counting the other way:

People who benefit under 'Affirmative Action'

Women of any race/ethnicity

Hispanics of any race/ethnicity (although the darker skinned the better)

Asians-------including Bobby Jindal.

Blacks (although the 'One Drop Rule' may sway things there)

That leaves non Hispanic White men as a small minority.

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-21-2007 at 12:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 11:51 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDARE Reader View Post
How is it, as a White, I should be supportive of this? How is this sort of hate and discrimination fair to me? What and why do I owe the entire planet the nation my ancestors built?
I've been waiting, but I don't think this particular question is going to get answered. I would imagine that you, as a white, should be supportive of this simply because you "should".....or to "be a good sport".....or because "we know you're a good guy, and you won't mind".

As far as why you "owe the entire planet" your country, you'll get no really solid answers here, either, I'm afraid. Some have suggested it's because "we've ALWAYS taken in the world's poor and unwanted"...meaning, I would imagine, that by so doing, we've thus "inherited" the job, and it's now our duty, regardless of whether it's "good for us" or not. Other nations aren't expected to accomodate immigrants because their cultures are more set-in-stone and the wouldn't "tolerate" multiculturalism....or perhaps because your country has Christian roots, it's your "duty" to pitch in and help (even help those who hate you)....or something like that (?)

Other than that, I'm afraid I can't offer any more solid answers. I doubt that anyone else can, either. Sorry that the above answers don't really address your concerns, but I'm afraid that's about the best I can do. Maybe some more "enlightened" reader can clear this up for you....

Old 10-21-2007, 02:17 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
All other ethnic groups, as well as women, are subject to preferential hiring practices by most large companies, all public utility jobs as well as federal jobs. The same is true for college grants, educational assistance and federally backed small business loans. If this isn't dicrimination against white males, I don't know what is!
It also discriminates against asian males.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It also discriminates against asian males.
Are you sure about that?

East Indian men do (or did) receive a 'leg up' due to being 'Asian'.

Yet: in the old Jim Crow South; the few ethnic Chinese/Japanese tended to be counted as 'White'.

The original Siamese twins; Cheng and Eng Bunker, who immigrated from Siam (what is now known as Thailand) were ethnic Chinese------yet, according to the US Census in the 19th Century, their children were listed as White. The mothers of Cheng and Eng's kids were generic Anglo-Irish White women.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:35 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Even children of Hispanic immigrants back then were listed under White under the Census.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Even children of Hispanic immigrants back then were listed under White under the Census.
Very true-------in fact: certain states did not allow 'Hispanics' to marry Filipinos (Asians) because the former were legally 'White' despite being sometimes full Aztec, etc. heritage.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:55 PM

44 posts, read 23,699 times
So, I guess there's no reason to support our current immigration and affirmative action policies, unless I'm trying to undermine my own existence.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:33 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDARE Reader View Post
So, I guess there's no reason to support our current immigration and affirmative action policies, unless I'm trying to undermine my own existence.
Well, that's a very grumpy way to describe it. You're doing it for the greater good, not your own benefit......at least that's the theory.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:41 AM

44 posts, read 23,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Well, that's a very grumpy way to describe it. You're doing it for the greater good, not your own benefit......at least that's the theory.
Yes, you've mentioned that before. What is the greater "good" exactly, and what if I'm not interested in sacrificing myself for what's subjectively considered "good" by somebody, which may not be particularly "good" in my opinion?

Old 10-25-2007, 05:24 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,468,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Already done:

Hispanics of all races have already surpassed non Hispanic Blacks.
Only in number. Not necessarily political power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or