U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-04-2013, 09:52 PM
 
66 posts, read 53,149 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Do you think the fact that there is no effort being made to apprehend illegal immigrants at the Canadian Boarder could have something to do with that? Here is a hint for you. Nobody, and I mean nobody cares if white people illegally enter the US.

The US - Canada Border. Nothing but a sign telling you to report to Immigration and Customs when you get a chance, if you get a chance.


Google Maps
Just because you say it, doesn't make it true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,434,911 times
Reputation: 7702
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Lol where is that - I want to cross at that point - i'll be sure to report when I get the chance
I included a link to the Google map. The road on the left is in Montana. The road on the right is in Alberta. Just report Immigration and Customs 50 miles straight ahead. If you are in a hurry and don't have time for that all that BS, just turn left anywhere. You are already in the US anyway.

Here are some info on other places you could cross.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ch&um=1&itbs=1

Last edited by KaaBoom; 02-04-2013 at 10:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,434,911 times
Reputation: 7702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzm1 View Post
Just because you say it, doesn't make it true.
So you think that Google Maps faked it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 10:19 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Do you think the fact that there is no effort being made to apprehend illegal immigrants at the Canadian Boarder could have something to do with that? Here is a hint for you. Nobody, and I mean nobody cares if white people illegally enter the US.

The US - Canada Border. Nothing but a sign telling you to report to Immigration and Customs when you get a chance, if you get a chance.
Tell that to my cousin's white Canadian friend who was deported last year after someone reported her to ICE. No, the reason our border with Mexico receives the lion's share of attention, is solely due to the fact that the majority of illegal aliens are either Mexican or entered our country via Mexico.

Moderator cut: orphaned

Last edited by Yac; 02-05-2013 at 01:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 10:20 PM
 
Location: Canada
4,672 posts, read 8,098,731 times
Reputation: 4818
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Great, now the xenophobic immigrant haters, won't be happy with just making us build a 2,000 mile long wall along the Mexican Boarder. They will want us to build another 5,500 mile long wall along the Canadian boarder as well. This will make the Great Wall of China look like nothing.
You joke, but US Customs and Borders has seriously considered doing this, at least in certain spots. Of course, the US Federal Government decided against it as it was a poor value for money in the middle of a serious budget and economic crisis and would have made them look bad to do it, considering, and lets be honest here, illegal immigration from Canada isn't that big of a problem. Most of the issues at the border is keeping criminals from crossing it and what's in place now is decently effective for that purpose. Canada's a first world country with good social programs, so the numbers coming across don't justify that much money being spent, there are more urgent problems that need to be addressed with those tax dollars. Not that I don't agree your country has the right to protect its borders and enforce immigrations laws.


U.S. mulls Canadian border fence - Politics - CBC News

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Man, your country sure does do things up right!
Legalized sames sex marriage, healthcare for all and taking care of your citizens FIRST. Wish I could become a Canadian.
Just don't be sneaking over that border illegally ! Of course, on the whole, it's a nice country and I'm proud of our many achievements. But we also have our own problems, of course. We aren't a utopia and some American immigrants find themselves dissatisfied with things about Canada.

Last edited by BIMBAM; 02-04-2013 at 10:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2013, 06:50 AM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8355
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Just when I thought that your country was doing it right Why is the concept of "anchor babies" so widely accepted?
Actually, it isn't and thank God for that. Most countries do require that at least one parent be a citizen of their country in order for their newborn to gain birthright citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2013, 06:55 AM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8355
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Do you think the fact that there is no effort being made to apprehend illegal immigrants at the Canadian Boarder could have something to do with that? Here is a hint for you. Nobody, and I mean nobody cares if white people illegally enter the US.

The US - Canada Border. Nothing but a sign telling you to report to Immigration and Customs when you get a chance, if you get a chance.


Google Maps
No one cares if illegal immigrants come here just as long as they are white? Really? Put the race card back in your wallet, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2013, 07:32 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Reputation: 26668
I'm half Polish, have lived in Poland, and speak the language.

I don't think Polish illegals should be treated any differently than illegals from any other country. No visa? No papers? Out you go. I don't care where you came from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Man, your country sure does do things up right!
Legalized sames sex marriage, healthcare for all and taking care of your citizens FIRST. Wish I could become a Canadian.
Me too. I'm still waiting to hear if my office will transfer me to Toronto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,434,911 times
Reputation: 7702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Tell that to my cousin's white Canadian friend who was deported last year after someone reported her to ICE. No, the reason our border with Mexico receives the lion's share of attention, is solely due to the fact that the majority of illegal aliens are either Mexican or entered our country via Mexico.]
Well congratulations to your cousin's white Canadian friend. She was one of only 6,123 people caught for illegally entering the US from Canada. The rare man bits dog story. She should play the lottery.

The fact is that there is a wall on the US Mexico Boarder. The US Canada Boarder is nothing but white lines painted across roads, and Do Not Enter signs.

There are 1,500 Border Patrol Agents patrolling 5,500 miles of the Canadian Border. There are 17,000 Border Patrol Agents patrolling just 2,000 miles of the Mexican Border. Of course with those numbers, there are going to be more apprehensions on the southern border.

Again nobody cares about white people illegally entering from Canada. It's all about the color of the skin. Thats why there are more Border Patrol Agents on the southern border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 06:33 AM
 
31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8355
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Well congratulations to your cousin's white Canadian friend. She was one of only 6,123 people caught for illegally entering the US from Canada. The rare man bits dog story. She should play the lottery.

The fact is that there is a wall on the US Mexico Boarder. The US Canada Boarder is nothing but white lines painted across roads, and Do Not Enter signs.

There are 1,500 Border Patrol Agents patrolling 5,500 miles of the Canadian Border. There are 17,000 Border Patrol Agents patrolling just 2,000 miles of the Mexican Border. Of course with those numbers, there are going to be more apprehensions on the southern border.

Again nobody cares about white people illegally entering from Canada. It's all about the color of the skin. Thats why there are more Border Patrol Agents on the southern border.
Please tell me how it is about skin color when we already have various skin colors, races, ethnic groups already living here legally (many are citizens). We allow in 1 million legal immigrants per year. Non-hispanic white people hardly even register on the radar in those quotas. Latinos have the highest number of quotas for legal immigration into our country and yet you scream racism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top