U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-05-2013, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
6,971 posts, read 2,071,289 times
Reputation: 2513

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How is it true?

Indians fought wars with each other and claimed territories.

Nothing new here.
Still doesn't change the fact that Europeans are not indigenous to the Americas and did wrongfully acquire the land.

 
Old 02-05-2013, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,833 posts, read 10,708,392 times
Reputation: 3978
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Any nation can go to war & try to take land away.

The land was never the Indians. It was never a country.

Anyway Indians helped in the Revolutionary war to defeat the British colonial rule.
The argument is not over whether you can or cant, it is over if it is right or not.

Yes the land did belong to the Indians, contrary to popular belief, they did not think the land belonged to everyone. many tribes had established boarders and even peace treaties. it is a myth that the individual indian nations were not organized.

The indians also fought on the side of the British, so what is your point ?
 
Old 02-05-2013, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,853,611 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The argument is not over whether you can or cant, it is over if it is right or not.

Yes the land did belong to the Indians, contrary to popular belief, they did not think the land belonged to everyone. many tribes had established boarders and even peace treaties. it is a myth that the individual indian nations were not organized.

The indians also fought on the side of the British, so what is your point ?
Right or wrong, it happened, we are here, and nothing at this point will change history. What would you suggest we do?
 
Old 02-05-2013, 02:15 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,131,855 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Still doesn't change the fact that Europeans are not indigenous to the Americas and did
Indians aren't either.

Quote:
wrongfully acquire the land.
How was it wrongfully acquired?
 
Old 02-05-2013, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,833 posts, read 10,708,392 times
Reputation: 3978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Right or wrong, it happened, we are here, and nothing at this point will change history. What would you suggest we do?
Re read the thread to see how we got to this point first.

NOW, right or wrong, you should be able to acknowledge it without trying to cover it up or changing the subject " they had a weak military, they should have been stronger"

that being said, the thread is about simple acknowledging that the native American man was right.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 02:22 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,131,855 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The argument is not over whether you can or cant, it is over if it is right or not.

, they did not think the land belonged to everyone. many tribes had established boarders and even peace treaties. it is a myth that the individual indian nations were not organized.
Quote:
Yes the land did belong to the Indians, contrary to popular belief
Where did Indians come from & through whom they acquired it?



Quote:
The indians also fought on the side of the British, so what is your point ?
To create the country you happily live in.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,833 posts, read 10,708,392 times
Reputation: 3978
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Indians aren't either.



How was it wrongfully acquired?
They came here 25,000 years ago to a continent uninhabited by humans.

It was wrongfully acquired because much if it was taken, not purchased. Germany did not get to keep its annexed territories.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,852,623 times
Reputation: 6259
So basically if we fail to enforce immigration laws we will end up like the Nativs Americans, visitors in our land.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
6,971 posts, read 2,071,289 times
Reputation: 2513
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Indians aren't either.

How was it wrongfully acquired?
Well, they were not called "Indians" in the first place.

Are you really asking how the land was wrongfully acquired? Look, it's your choice if want to disregard the genocide that occurred.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,833 posts, read 10,708,392 times
Reputation: 3978
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
To create the country you happily live in.
which has nothing to do with the conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top