U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-05-2013, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,395 posts, read 8,349,307 times
Reputation: 7679

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He has no point at all. Just another reconquista living in the past. I'd like to know what tribe this guy's ancestors were from from since the ancestoral tribes of the Mexicans weren't even indigenous to this country. Those who were are citizens of the U.S.
Homo sapiens Everyone came from Africa long ago and far away.

 
Old 02-05-2013, 04:55 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
They came here 25,000 years ago to a continent uninhabited by humans.
Clovis people came here roughly 11K years ago to a land already populated.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 04:56 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
And thus here first...becoming indigenous to the land. Then we all know what happened after that.
What about those that were here before them?
 
Old 02-05-2013, 04:57 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
no one is talking about altering history,again you deflected.
And yet you and caribdoll have done just that, go figure.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 05:00 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
his argument is that the people protesting are hypocritical. You seemed to have missed that.
While missing his own hypocrisy. His people migrated here, too, to land already occupied by those here before his people.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 05:17 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Still doesn't change the fact that Europeans are not indigenous to the Americas and did wrongfully acquire the land.
Uh; the EXACT same thing can be said about different American Indian groups too, they def did their share of bad things to each other before 1492.

This is 2013; NOT 1491. Besides; if the white man did things "Indian way", they'd probably be NO Indians left, they'd be all killed off except maybe for the young women who could have kids.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 05:26 PM
 
17,016 posts, read 11,385,779 times
Reputation: 8989
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. Indians had tribal laws about who was allowed on their lands.

2. That actually proves his point, many tribes did not accept outsiders at all.

3.The indians were the native military force, not a hostel one, you compare them to Germany when you should be comparing them to France since it was the Europeans that invaded their lands, not the other way around

wow, your argument is that because the indians were not as advanced as Europeans, they were justified in taking their lands, smdh
Sure-

1. can you present a document of tribal laws that were available and presented to settlers?

2. Africa was reluctant to accept outsiders, yet it was conquered by european forces. So what is your point?

3. The Indians were the indiginous people. Are you suggesting that cultures and nations are static and that there has been no change in history? Should most European nations give their lands back to the Romans? Should the Middle East to the border of India be given to the Greeks?

Just what are you thinking?
 
Old 02-05-2013, 05:27 PM
 
11,780 posts, read 8,211,669 times
Reputation: 3425
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Still doesn't change the fact that Europeans are not indigenous to the Americas and did wrongfully acquire the land.
The natives aren't indigenous either and weren't the first people here. Did they acquire the land rightfully?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
They came here 25,000 years ago to a continent uninhabited by humans.

It was wrongfully acquired because much if it was taken, not purchased. Germany did not get to keep its annexed territories.
The natives migrated here, but archeological records indicate that they were not the first people here.

Some land was bought and some was was taken, nothing new - though, there is debate about whether the natives knew they were selling land. You could say that they still receive payments (no taxes, grants, etc).
 
Old 02-05-2013, 06:27 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
his argument is that the people protesting are hypocritical. You seemed to have missed that.
No, I didn't miss that. But, please explain how they are hypocrites, given that this is 2013, we are now a sovereign nation with immigration laws, and they are protesting against foreigners who are here illegally.

Again, the guy in the video is trying to defend illegal immigration by whining about something that was settled eons ago. As I previously stated, to the victor go the spoils. This is now the United States of America, with an internationally recognized government, laws, and borders. The natives lost. End of story.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 PM
 
Location: texas
9,138 posts, read 6,484,254 times
Reputation: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Roaming all over a continent does not denote ownership of the whole continent. I could wander all over my neighborhood but the only land that I own is the piece below my own house. All over the world lands have been conquered, exchanged hands and borders have been drawn. The so-called Native American in that video if not a U.S. citizen has no claim on this country. If he is a citizen just what is his beef?
"Mexican-indians were not indigenous to this country". Remember your words?

Roaming was not my point...if thats what you came away with, then I've wasted my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top