Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 01:57 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
And thus here first...becoming indigenous to the land. Then we all know what happened after that.
And I point out again, since this so-called native American in this video is protesting an anti-illegal immigration protest he is more than likely a Mexican-indian. Mexican-indians were not indigenous to this country. They settled south of our border. There were several different tribes on this continent and no one can claim the entire continent for themselves. They all settled in different areas and those tribes who settled within our borders are citizens of this country. It is past history, borders have been drawn and those born within our borders are U.S. citizens. They are not here illegally.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:58 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
The question was answered in the post you quoted.
Definition:
Genocide: the deliberate killing of a large group of people, esp. those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

You are wrong in your post.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:42 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And I point out again, since this so-called native American in this video is protesting an anti-illegal immigration protest he is more than likely a Mexican-indian. Mexican-indians were not indigenous to this country. They settled south of our border. There were several different tribes on this continent and no one can claim the entire continent for themselves. They all settled in different areas and those tribes who settled within our borders are citizens of this country. It is past history, borders have been drawn and those born within our borders are U.S. citizens. They are not here illegally.
No one is sure about the man's origin, but his statements are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Definition:
Genocide: the deliberate killing of a large group of people, esp. those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

You are wrong in your post.
I'm well aware of the meaning and stick by it in this case.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:23 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"Were not indigenous" to what country? Im sitting in my living room on a piece of land that was at one time claimed by Spain, France, Mexico, The Republic of Texas and now the State of Texas as well as the United States of America. Native peoples have been Roaming from now Midwestren US to Northren Mexico for eons.

Oklahoma was admitted into the Union in 1907. Arizona and New mexico in 1912. Do you figure there were indigenous people here before 1912...? How bout 1912 BC?

Old 02-05-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
No one is sure about the man's origin, but his statements are correct.

I'm well aware of the meaning and stick by it in this case.

So you believe that the millions of white, black, Hispanic, Asian citizens that were born on soil are illegally in our country? Really?

Old 02-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How am I deflecting? The guy is whining about the so-called "stolen land" is he not? He needs to move on, and get over it.
his argument is that the people protesting are hypocritical. You seemed to have missed that.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
"Were not indigenous" to what country? Im sitting in my living room on a piece of land that was at one time claimed by Spain, France, Mexico, The Republic of Texas and now the State of Texas as well as the United States of America. Native peoples have been Roaming from now Midwestren US to Northren Mexico for eons.

Oklahoma was admitted into the Union in 1907. Arizona and New mexico in 1912. Do you figure there were indigenous people here before 1912...? How bout 1912 BC?
Roaming all over a continent does not denote ownership of the whole continent. I could wander all over my neighborhood but the only land that I own is the piece below my own house. All over the world lands have been conquered, exchanged hands and borders have been drawn. The so-called Native American in that video if not a U.S. citizen has no claim on this country. If he is a citizen just what is his beef?

Old 02-05-2013, 04:48 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times
What the OP's link is claiming as being indigenous is Clovis people; which only dates back to about 11K years ago. They came here while others occupied the land, they took over as the others began to perish.
Quote:
the Clovis people came to be regarded as the first human inhabitants of the New World. Clovis people were considered to be the ancestors of all the indigenous cultures of North and South America. However, this theory has been disproven, in the opinion of many archaeologists, by several archaeological discoveries, including sites like Cactus Hill in Virginia, Paisley Caves in the Summer Lake Basin of Oregon, the Topper site in Allendale County, South Carolina, Meadowcroft Rockshelter in Pennsylvania, the Friedkin[4] site in Texas, Cueva Fell in Chile and, especially, Monte Verde, also in Chile.[5]
SO the OP has NO POINT.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Still doesn't change the fact that Europeans are not indigenous to the Americas and did wrongfully acquire the land.
Genetic studies don't agree with you
Quote:
Mitochondrial DNA analysis has found that some members of some native North American tribes have a maternal ancestry (called haplogroup X) linked to the maternal ancestors of some present day individuals in western Asia and Europe, albeit distantly, and has also provided some support for pre-clovis models.
The simple fact that Clovis people are not indigenous to the Americas either.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
that being said, the thread is about simple acknowledging that the native American man was right.
NO, the native American man was not right, his ancestors migrated here while others occupied this land. His/your claiming him to be "indigenous" is simple fallacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration