U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-05-2013, 12:03 PM
 
6,871 posts, read 7,748,122 times
Reputation: 2971

Advertisements

He has a point despite his erratic behavior


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUJd...e_gdata_player

 
Old 02-05-2013, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
6,964 posts, read 2,054,982 times
Reputation: 2503
Well, it's true...

...could have done without all the profanity though.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 12:40 PM
 
31,895 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Reputation: 8506
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
He has a point despite his erratic behavior


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUJd...e_gdata_player
He has no point at all. Just another reconquista living in the past. I'd like to know what tribe this guy's ancestors were from from since the ancestoral tribes of the Mexicans weren't even indigenous to this country. Those who were are citizens of the U.S.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 12:44 PM
 
17,040 posts, read 11,416,835 times
Reputation: 9007
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
He has a point despite his erratic behavior


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUJd...e_gdata_player
He has no point

1. the Indians had no immigration laws

2. the Indians had no means of "naturalizing" immigrants

3. the Indians were a hostile military force, which was defeated. Thier "laws", if they had any, were no longer relevant on those lands. Are the laws of Nazi Germany still enforced in Germany?


If the Indians wanted to maintain thier lands, they should have had a better military, fences, and immigration laws which were enforced. We should learn from the Indians.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028
How many centuries must pass before U.S. citizens are considered legitimate occupants of this land? How long must this "stolen land" nonsense continue?
 
Old 02-05-2013, 01:31 PM
 
31,895 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Reputation: 8506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How many centuries must pass before U.S. citizens are considered legitimate occupants of this land? How long must this "stolen land" nonsense continue?
I guess until all of Mexico's citizens are living here.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 01:42 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,115,427 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Well, it's true...

...could have done without all the profanity though.
How is it true?

Indians fought wars with each other and claimed territories.

Nothing new here.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,805 posts, read 10,661,041 times
Reputation: 3976
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
He has no point

1. the Indians had no immigration laws

2. the Indians had no means of "naturalizing" immigrants

3. the Indians were a hostile military force, which was defeated. Thier "laws", if they had any, were no longer relevant on those lands. Are the laws of Nazi Germany still enforced in Germany?


If the Indians wanted to maintain their lands, they should have had a better military, fences, and immigration laws which were enforced. We should learn from the Indians.
1. Indians had tribal laws about who was allowed on their lands.

2. That actually proves his point, many tribes did not accept outsiders at all.

3.The indians were the native military force, not a hostel one, you compare them to Germany when you should be comparing them to France since it was the Europeans that invaded their lands, not the other way around

wow, your argument is that because the indians were not as advanced as Europeans, they were justified in taking their lands, smdh
 
Old 02-05-2013, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,805 posts, read 10,661,041 times
Reputation: 3976
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How is it true?

Indians fought wars with each other and claimed territories.

Nothing new here.
How does them fighting was against each other make his argument untrue ?

by your own logic, that means we gave up rights to US land during the civil war and any nation who wanted it could rightfully take it.
 
Old 02-05-2013, 02:00 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,115,427 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How does them fighting was against each other make his argument untrue ?
.
Any nation can go to war & try to take land away.

The land was never the Indians. It was never a country.

Anyway Indians helped in the Revolutionary war to defeat the British colonial rule.


Quote:
by your own logic, that means we gave up rights to US land during the civil war and any nation who wanted it could rightfully take it
Technically the south seceded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top