U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 10:37 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who's "we"?
The almighty, sacred, ne'er do wrong "job creators" the right loves to worship so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Those "Greedy Employers" are who the GOP calls "Job Creators". Why don't you ask your elected representative what he thinks should happen to those who hire illegal labor?
I have an easy answer for you. Nothing. The "job creators" are a protected class, and if we didn't coddle them so much for taking time out of their day for us wretched heathens, we'd be living in mud huts. Ironically, it's the teabaggers that should LOVE illegal immigrants. They love everything else the "job creators" do and worship them, while the illegals are scab workers that will be used to undermine organized labor. Gotta love this topsy turvy world

Old 02-07-2013, 11:09 AM

31,458 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The almighty, sacred, ne'er do wrong "job creators" the right loves to worship so much
If you think that is it only Republicans who are business owners or who hire illegal immigrants then you need a reality check.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If you think that is it only Republicans who are business owners or who hire illegal immigrants then you need a reality check.
Where did I say they were Republicans? Hint: I didn't

Old 02-07-2013, 01:17 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4madonna View Post
There's a lot of them here in Los Angeles but no one seems to care. We need them, they are cheap labor.

No one seems to care, where i live oh boy we do care. Not the issue. Cheap labor, ****y-labor. I know for fact. Not that i would ever hire illegals for cheap labor. But in 2010 had a huge remodeling and huge additons being done to my home.

Contractor hired some illegals to do the work, so he thought. Ask him what happened! and ask him what i did and who i called. Don't say we don't care.

Where i live we have pride in our community, our city, and our State and the city shows this.

You know that is the damn problem, thinking we need them for their cheap ****y labor, Hint we don't.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Where did I say they were Republicans? Hint: I didn't
Did you or did you not mention "the right"?

Old 02-07-2013, 07:12 PM

217 posts, read 253,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You don't "need" illegal aliens; it sounds like you WANT them to save money.
Is that a bad thing ?

Old 02-07-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Is that a bad thing ?
Breaking laws to improve one's lot in life isn't a bad thing?

Old 02-07-2013, 07:45 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Quote:
There's a lot of them here in Los Angeles but no one seems to care. We need them, they are cheap labor.
Ubaldo: Legal, job woes follow amnesty recipient - Yahoo! News

Quote:
Ubaldo said, he might leave California, which he said is too expensive and has few available jobs.

“There’s so many people now in L.A.,” Ubaldo said with a sigh. “There’s no jobs. Even if you’re legal, it’s hard to get a job.”

Ubaldo is considering moving to Oklahoma and opening a Mexican restaurant. “She’s a good cook,” he said of his wife.
Not even the previous illegals are able to find work due to the over-abundance of illegals in LA.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:50 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Those "Greedy Employers" are who the GOP calls "Job Creators". Why don't you ask your elected representative what he thinks should happen to those who hire illegal labor?
You confuse a company with the person hiring the illegal (usually one of the same ethnicity in the HR department), then you confuse the I-9 process and the various other issues pertaining to denying the person the job based on discrimination, but then you have Agriprocessors in Postville, where an immigrant, not a citizen, hired illegals and treated them as slaves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or