U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 02:55 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
You are confusing illegality with morality. Slavery was legal but that doesn't mean it's moral. A good law-abiding citizen would turn in the escaped slave and the "conductor" to the "proper" authorities for theft. Wanna demagogue both of the "criminals" now? I consider them heroes.
I consider the theft of billions in tax dollars from legal US citizens, forcing the closure of 70+ ER's and hospitals, overcrowding of schools with a resultant drop in quality of education for US students, a deterioration of neighborhoods due to flagrant violation of housing codes and generally ignoring the concessions that Americans make to each other to live reasonably peacefully to be 'criminal behavior'.
It is a free country and you can celebrate them as heroes if you wish. However, since you are a real estate agent let me ask you this: how many neighborhoods that experience an influx of large numbers of illegals have a) property values increase or at least remain stable and b) have an increased quality of life for the long term residents, people who lived there prior to the illegals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 08:31 PM

447 posts, read 706,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Hi nvxplorer

your body might die, but your soul is eternal, your soul was made as an exact image of God so nothing can harm it either, imho

if we are going to die why should we care so much about material things that have to be forsaken at death?

be happy, smile, enjoy your stay on earth, and try to take the most from it, God bless you

travelling fella...if everyone believed the same thing, dont you think the world would be boring?
the fact is, not everyone has the same ideals, and though you feel so strongly about your faith, some others may not have the same beliefs.
maybe the movie really fades to black, and thats all there is...
while i share your sentiment, i should remind you, even in bibical times there were borders, and though people were encouraged to love one another, mans law was respected...or else.

people cant just pick and choose the laws they want you follow.

peace be with you

Old 10-22-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
You are confusing illegality with morality. Slavery was legal but that doesn't mean it's moral. A good law-abiding citizen would turn in the escaped slave and the "conductor" to the "proper" authorities for theft. Wanna demagogue both of the "criminals" now? I consider them heroes.
what exactly does slavery have anything to do with illegal immigration?

clue me in...please?

Old 10-23-2007, 07:20 AM

3,162 posts, read 10,298,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
travelling fella...if everyone believed the same thing, dont you think the world would be boring?
the fact is, not everyone has the same ideals, and though you feel so strongly about your faith, some others may not have the same beliefs.
maybe the movie really fades to black, and thats all there is...
while i share your sentiment, i should remind you, even in bibical times there were borders, and though people were encouraged to love one another, mans law was respected...or else.

people cant just pick and choose the laws they want you follow.

peace be with you
I respect everyone's beliefs vivski, that's one of the reasons I love to exchange ideas here.

I do dream of a free world it is true, I know right now it is not possible but i'd love to see it one day, but for it to happen everybody would have to agree so if it never happens I respect that too

btw surprise is almost ready, I think it'll be ready today, it is something that was inspired by all the dialogues we've had here, specially the ones with you and your family, honestly I admire you it takes soul strenght to endure what you have endured and not harbor hate in your heart, all of you are always in my heart and prayers, everybody else here too and I mean it, everyone

You are a great American I'm happy I got to meet you

Peace, Love, Light and Harmony

Old 10-23-2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I respect everyone's beliefs vivski, that's one of the reasons I love to exchange ideas here.

I do dream of a free world it is true, I know right now it is not possible but i'd love to see it one day, but for it to happen everybody would have to agree so if it never happens I respect that too

btw surprise is almost ready, I think it'll be ready today, it is something that was inspired by all the dialogues we've had here, specially the ones with you and your family, honestly I admire you it takes soul strenght to endure what you have endured and not harbor hate in your heart, all of you are always in my heart and prayers, everybody else here too and I mean it, everyone

You are a great American I'm happy I got to meet you

Peace, Love, Light and Harmony

ditto....have a nice day

Old 10-25-2007, 10:46 AM

4,514 posts, read 8,601,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I consider the theft of billions in tax dollars from legal US citizens
Are you one of those people who say taxes is theft from the government?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration