U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 08:06 PM

6,525 posts, read 11,614,071 times

Advertisements

If heaven forbid the illegal alien Dream Act AND the amnesty are all passed by Obama and the liberal Democrats who stand against American values, what will the liberal left demand next? Any ideas? I have a feeling they will demand even more open borders, demand bilingual education and a different teaching of American history in these Spanish curriculum classes and I think they will demand that Spanish become an official language of the US or of different states. This is in line with the arrogance of illegal immigrants.

And think about anchor babies......now every legalized illegal will be an anchor, and they can all sponsor tens of millions of more Mexicans to come here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 02:37 AM

9,138 posts, read 6,481,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
If heaven forbid the illegal alien Dream Act AND the amnesty are all passed by Obama and the liberal Democrats who stand against American values, what will the liberal left demand next? Any ideas? I have a feeling they will demand even more open borders, demand bilingual education and a different teaching of American history in these Spanish curriculum classes and I think they will demand that Spanish become an official language of the US or of different states. This is in line with the arrogance of illegal immigrants.

And think about anchor babies......now every legalized illegal will be an anchor, and they can all sponsor tens of millions of more Mexicans to come here.
If Comprehensive Immigration Reform [in whatever form] becomes law, there will be no need for the Dream Act; and amnesty is not of any proposal.

Four years ago, I didn't even know what the Dream Act was. Two years ago, all those kids wanted was to go to higher education. Now the Congress is working on CIR...

Old 02-09-2013, 05:44 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If Comprehensive Immigration Reform [in whatever form] becomes law, there will be no need for the Dream Act; and amnesty is not of any proposal.

Four years ago, I didn't even know what the Dream Act was. Two years ago, all those kids wanted was to go to higher education. Now the Congress is working on CIR...
Again, let's stop quibbling over words/terms. The objection is to allowing them to remain here regardless of what you want to call it.

If you want to get petty calling it "reform" would be inaccurate also. Allowing immigration lawbreakers to remain here isn't reforming our immigration laws as the basic law still remains the same. It is against the law to come here illegally and that won't change.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:05 AM

9,138 posts, read 6,481,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, let's stop quibbling over words/terms. The objection is to allowing them to remain here regardless of what you want to call it.

If you want to get petty calling it "reform" would be inaccurate also. Allowing immigration lawbreakers to remain here isn't reforming our immigration laws as the basic law still remains the same. It is against the law to come here illegally and that won't change.
CIR is an acronym used meaning changes in immigration law. Proposed or actual. you can call the proposed changes whatever you want.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
CIR is an acronym used meaning changes in immigration law. Proposed or actual. you can call the proposed changes whatever you want.
Amnesty or legalization doesn't change our immigration laws so no, either of these things are not "reform". They are supposedly one time things (yeah right) as our immigration laws still remain the same in regards to illegal entry into our country.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:00 AM

4,159 posts, read 4,192,017 times
They will demand and most likely get amnesty for any crimes they had committed while they were illegal.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:43 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:

Agreed tho I doubt there'd be 10's of millions of Mexicans wanting to move to the US. I say that because Mexican ladies don't have big families anymore and Mexico is about 110 million people. Too the economy there is getting better.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:57 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,870,497 times
I think it will be immediate access to government programs rather than waiting the required number of years.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed tho I doubt there'd be 10's of millions of Mexicans wanting to move to the US. I say that because Mexican ladies don't have big families anymore and Mexico is about 110 million people. Too the economy there is getting better.
They still produce enough babies on our soil though and it is an attraction to migrate to our country. Those government freebies to support them come in handy along with that instant birthright citizenship. Of course we have plenty of our own citizens who are abusers also. Why add illegal foreigners to the mix?

Old 02-09-2013, 09:15 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:

You pretty much covered it. Obama is already promising the illegals financial aid for college, and he's promising them family reunification that can only happen in the land of food stamps and Medicaid, never in their countries.

They are extremely arrogant, but I dont know what else they could possibly demand from us. They're already being given unlimited immigration of their "raza", and all the government handouts they could dream of having.

I suspect that many will demand the government help them with all relocation costs associated with family reunification. They're not going to want to pay out of pocket any more to bring their elderly and extended families here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or