U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 03:36 PM

20,882 posts, read 41,730,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Are you saying they don't care?
As I said upthread (repeating myself, now), not being Hispanic, I have no idea what Hispanics do or don't care about. We have a Hispanic poster on this thread who DOES care about the rule of law. Judging from how that group votes, he is in the minority for his voting block.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 03:50 PM

31,971 posts, read 14,750,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
As I said upthread (repeating myself, now), not being Hispanic, I have no idea what Hispanics do or don't care about. We have a Hispanic poster on this thread who DOES care about the rule of law. Judging from how that group votes, he is in the minority for his voting block.
You don't read the news or watch TV? Also, you're participating in a political forum which is about this issue so I would think that you are informed on it or you wouldn't be. I think you know where the majority of Hispanics stand on this issue. Yes, there is one on this forum who is for the rule of law. I commend them for that. There are more also but far too few.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:02 PM

11,608 posts, read 5,575,979 times
Ariadne---OMG! You don't get it, do you?

You write this:

How high of a price do you, the GOP voter, want to pay for ignoring the political reality?
Do you want the GOP in the White House, or not?

------------------
"Political reality"? So, you think that both parties should kowtow to a group of people who amount to 10% of the voting bloc? Thus, both parties should pander to those who are law breakers and those who aid and abet said law breakers?

No way should any party pander to law breakers and those who support them.

BTW, what I've found is that it is Hispanics who are here illegally or who are aiding and abetting their illegal alien friends and relatives are the ones who want amnesty.

It isn't just Hispanic illegals and those who aid and abet them who want amnesty. Illegal aliens of other nationalities want amnesty, too. Back when Hispanic illegals threw their first May Day tantrums demanding amnesty, illegal Irish were walking around with shirts on that said "Legalize the Irish".

Old 06-16-2014, 04:49 PM

20,882 posts, read 41,730,624 times
Of course, I get it. And, no, I did NOT say "I think" people "should kowtow." Where did I say that? Your words - not mine.

I have merely stated objective, unvarnished, political facts - and the consequences of ignoring them.

I am not stating my personal view of what is "right."

I am talking political reality.

The political reality - whether you and I believe it is right or not - is:

The Hispanic vote is crucial to who wins the White House (and other elections).

What you or I "think" has no bearing whatsoever on that reality.

And, yes, political reality is generally very unpalatable.

Old 06-16-2014, 05:01 PM

So, you didn't actually use the word "kowtow"... But what you are saying amounts to expecting both parties to kowtow to law breakers.

What consequences are there for not pandering (like that word better?) to illegal aliens and those who aid and abet them? That part of that 10% voting bloc won't vote for them?

How is a voting bloc that amounts to 10% of the voting bloc amount to something "crucial"? Please explain.

And please stop stereotyping all of Hispanic descent as wanting amnesty for illegal aliens.

In fact, when polled, Hispanic-Americans ranked the economy as their #1 concern. Immigration issues were either at #5 or #6 on their list of concerns.

Old 06-16-2014, 05:13 PM

3,538 posts, read 2,187,733 times
But the GOP would still loose the Hispanic vote only just by being for enforcing the border.

All is hear is "demographics" show that the GOP will go into obscurity unless they shape up, fly right and be in favor of destroying America as much as the opposition is. You people are correct in that assessment, but logically that means there is no win for America.

Old 06-16-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
But the GOP would still loose the Hispanic vote only just by being for enforcing the border.

All is hear is "demographics" show that the GOP will go into obscurity unless they shape up, fly right and be in favor of destroying America as much as the opposition is. You people are correct in that assessment, but logically that means there is no win for America.
It's too bad that the democrats have lost their way. At one time, democrats truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. They never would have tolerated illegal immigration because they knew how much it hurt their constituents because it depressed wages and displaced Americans in the work force.

Democrats/liberals once cared about the environment and had deep concerns about overpopulation. They were the ones pushing zero population growth. In fact, many democrats/liberals decided to not have children because they worried about overpopulation and environmental destruction.

Today's democrats put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens. Plus, they are pushing for more H-1Bs despite there being thousands of unemployed American citizen STEM/IT workers.

Sadly, low information voters haven't figured any of this out---and today's democrats hope that they never do figure it out.

Neither party is looking out for Americans but at one time, I would have expected much, much better from democrats.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Of course, I get it. And, no, I did NOT say "I think" people "should kowtow." Where did I say that? Your words - not mine.

I have merely stated objective, unvarnished, political facts - and the consequences of ignoring them.

I am not stating my personal view of what is "right."

I am talking political reality.

The political reality - whether you and I believe it is right or not - is:

The Hispanic vote is crucial to who wins the White House (and other elections).

What you or I "think" has no bearing whatsoever on that reality.

And, yes, political reality is generally very unpalatable.
And what are the consequences to our country for ignoring our laws and rewarding those who break them? Seems those consequences are much more dangerous.

The Hispanic vote is only 10% of the voting public so........It's a reality that people will commit other crimes also but should we give them a pass rather than enforcing our laws? Besides, even if the entire GOP were to favor amnesty they would still get very little of the Hispanic vote.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So, you didn't actually use the word "kowtow"... But what you are saying amounts to expecting both parties to kowtow to law breakers.

What consequences are there for not pandering (like that word better?) to illegal aliens and those who aid and abet them? That part of that 10% voting bloc won't vote for them?

How is a voting bloc that amounts to 10% of the voting bloc amount to something "crucial"? Please explain.

And please stop stereotyping all of Hispanic descent as wanting amnesty for illegal aliens.

In fact, when polled, Hispanic-Americans ranked the economy as their #1 concern. Immigration issues were either at #5 or #6 on their list of concerns.
Um, not really. New Poll Reveals Immigration Top Issue Driving Latino Voting - Immigration Reform | America's Voice

Old 06-16-2014, 07:17 PM

Interesting...Yet, there was this article from about a year ago...Makes you wonder...

Sorry, GOP! Immigration Reform Won
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration