Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,070,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
NOT a Criminal - rather Inadmissible.
And what Crime was he convicted of? If none, he is NOT a Criminal.

The OP was concerned about a CRIMINAL attending the speech.

I'll bet there will be at least one member of Congress attending who sometime in his or her life was convicted of a crime, thus a Criminal. SO should that person be asked to leave as well?
He's is considered "unlawfully present" once he turned 18. He has admitted to EWI while a minor, he does not need to be convicted in a court of law, administrative/immigration law is different, by his admission he is a criminal, administrative/immigration law does not require him to be convicted to be considered having committed a crime or to be a criminal.

Members of Congress convicted a crime or having admitted to a crime attending? I doubt.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,136,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
"Aleman, who was brought illegally to the United States by his parents when he was 11, was one of the first Las Vegas residents to get his Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) work permit"

What part of that constitutes "criminal behavior" on his part?
The fact that he breaks the law by living here?

One more reason to impeach Obama.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:44 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,260,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The fact that he breaks the law by living here?
Then you should also be arrested for every crime you've committed since being born. Oh wait, double standard and all that.

Quote:
One more reason to impeach Obama.
looks like another person who has never read the US Constitution.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,222,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Once he turned 18 and 1 day, he committed the crime of being here by way of EWI, and admits to it, even though while he was 18 and under he couldn't be held accountable for his actions as a minor from his parents bringing him here.

No court is needed to label him a criminal, he has admitted to it. Doesn't matter what you claim or think, I have provided evidence backing up my claim about illegals and aliens in general. You either accept it or you don't, but don't keep claiming the same BS when I have shown it as incorrect, argue or prove my link and claim incorrect.
He admitted a crime that his parents committed and you demonize him? How American of you.

It still stands that unless he is convicted by a court of law of an actual crime, he is not a criminal, by-laws be damned.

Why do you care anyway? He's well on his way to becoming an American citizen and how many can say they've gotten to be the guest of honor at a Presidential event?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:13 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,428,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
That's because you live in a city know for liberal lunacy where hope & change trump reality. Don't try to speak for half of the country based on your viewpoint.
Nice try, but your imagined liberal enemy is not even 1% of the population here. I hate the city government but to call them liberal shows your ignorance of the situation.

Chicago has issues but nobody cares about illegal immigrants. I've lived in buildings and worked with people who I suspected were. Why should I care about them? All I hear from the right winger crowd is how they're savage parasites and I'm not buying it.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:16 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,660,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
The State of the Union should be interesting with criminals in the seat of Honor.
Obama invited dubya? That'll be weird.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:31 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,136,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Then you should also be arrested for every crime you've committed since being born.
You're right. I should be. That's why we have a legal system. But that only applies to conservatives, right?
Quote:

looks like another person who has never read the US Constitution.

Yeah...I hope someday to have a President again that has read it.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
He admitted a crime that his parents committed and you demonize him? How American of you.
He admitted a crime that he committed along with his parents. I haven't demonized him, only called him what he has admitted to.

Quote:
It still stands that unless he is convicted by a court of law of an actual crime, he is not a criminal, by-laws be damned.

Why do you care anyway? He's well on his way to becoming an American citizen and how many can say they've gotten to be the guest of honor at a Presidential event?
As an alien he doesn't need to be convicted by a court of law to be determined to be a criminal or having committed a criminal act, you see administrative/immigration law is not the same as criminal law, 2 totally different aspects of law.

Well on his way to becoming a US Citizen? LMFAO, amnesty hasn't passed yet and he is still an illegal with no ability to adjust status from DACA. So, NO, he is no nearer today then he was as an 11 yo child to becoming a US Citizen.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:05 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,222,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
He admitted a crime that he committed along with his parents. I haven't demonized him, only called him what he has admitted to.

As an alien he doesn't need to be convicted by a court of law to be determined to be a criminal or having committed a criminal act, you see administrative/immigration law is not the same as criminal law, 2 totally different aspects of law.

Well on his way to becoming a US Citizen? LMFAO, amnesty hasn't passed yet and he is still an illegal with no ability to adjust status from DACA. So, NO, he is no nearer today then he was as an 11 yo child to becoming a US Citizen.
This is what your doing:

Stop it. He is not a criminal unless convicted by a court of all. His parents committed a crime that he isn't responsible for or had any power over.

I'm sensing a profound level of jealousy coming from you. Sad.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
This is what your doing:

Stop it. He is not a criminal unless convicted by a court of all. His parents committed a crime that he isn't responsible for or had any power over.

I'm sensing a profound level of jealousy coming from you. Sad.
you can't argue my points so you instead attempt to ridicule.
He does not have to be convicted of a crime to be called a criminal, if he were not a criminal he would be able to adjust his unlawful presents status. Since he is an admitted criminal, he can not adjust his status unless granted amnesty by Congress. Your ignorance of Administrative/Immigration law is where you fail.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-12-2013 at 04:13 AM.. Reason: rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.