Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:42 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
He isn't, but the RWers don't care about little details like that.
He is illegally in our country and this has nothing to do with right wing or left wing. The laws apply to everyone.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:43 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Ok then meth dealers should be called "undocumented pharmacists".

Send his a$$ back across the boarder and make him become a citizen the "legal" way.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Obama already said they could stay for 2 years and no one will deport them.
They can get SS numbers, DLs and work permits.

Doesn't matter what you think or what the law says because the law got changed for them.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:59 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Ok then meth dealers should be called "undocumented pharmacists".

Send his a$$ back across the boarder and make him become a citizen the "legal" way.
HUH

Care to explain?

Old 02-13-2013, 02:11 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I just told you how.

Reread the question
You're not answering mine. How is a child responsible for what his or her parents do and how does their actions make him or her a criminal?

Until he is convicted of a crime from a court of law then he isn't a criminal, regardless if he admitted to a crime he didn't commit or not.

If he is, then prove it. Cite your sources.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:24 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
You're not answering mine. How is a child responsible for what his or her parents do and how does their actions make him or her a criminal?

Until he is convicted of a crime from a court of law then he isn't a criminal, regardless if he admitted to a crime he didn't commit or not.

If he is, then prove it. Cite your sources.
He is a criminal.

What don't you understand? Why must I repeat it. Him & his parents should be deported. Why don't you understand immigration laws?

Quote:
US Code-Section 1325

(a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection;
misrepresentation and concealment of facts Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

(b) Improper time or place; civil penalties Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty.
(1) at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or
attempted entry); or
(2) twice the amount specified in paragraph (1) in the case of
an alien who has been previously subject to a civil penalty under
this subsection.
Civil penalties under this subsection are in addition to, and not
in lieu of, any criminal or other civil penalties that may be
imposed.
(c) Marriage fraud
Any individual who knowingly enters into a marriage for the
purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws shall be
imprisoned for not more than 5 years, or fined not more than
$250,000, or both.
(d) Immigration-related entrepreneurship fraud
Any individual who knowingly establishes a commercial enterprise
for the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws
shall be imprisoned for not more than 5 years, fined in accordance
with title 18, or both.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:44 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times
Quote:
Yes I am. If not by birth within the CONUS, then certainly by my time in the military.

I'm not saying all illegals ought to be treated better than legal citizens; however, I am stating that he's upset because just ONE of them gets to be the Guest of Honor. That's a very high honor for an citizen of this country, illegal or not.
What does having been in the military have to do with anything? An immigrant can join our US Military, they do not get automatic citizenship for doing so, if they apply for citizenship while in the military they get citizenship faster (instead of taking 3 - 5 years, it may take 1 -3 instead). I'll bet you were an 11B or 12B.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Never heard of a green card? He could join the military and become one that way, if he so chose to do so.
Sorry, but NO. DACA recipients can not join the US Military, neither can an illegal immigrant and since DACA recipients are still illegals.....

http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=31034
Quote:
09-05-2012, 01:40 AM
From Los Angeles
Joined in Mar 2009
70 posts

Noobstur
20 AP

So once we receive our work permit and SSN, will we be able to enlist in the military?
and the response
Quote:
09-05-2012, 01:50 AM
Joined in Aug 2012
1,759 posts

NotAPro
0 AP

No.
You need a change in your lawful status.
Only congress can change this with a change to the INA.
DACA only puts you in the system as Unlawful, counts you, starts deportation, then automatically stops it, and gives you an EAD.
Quote:
Prove that the only way he can become a citizen is by amnesty of Congress. Cite your sources.
Are you really this naive?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD
Quote:
Q8: Does deferred action provide me with a path to permanent residence status or citizenship?
A8: No. Deferred action is a form of prosecutorial discretion that does not confer lawful permanent resident status or a path to citizenship. Only the Congress, acting through its legislative authority, can confer these rights.
A 2 second search would have given you what I just did. Maybe you should attempt to research before spouting ignorant claims like you think you know what you are talking about. imjusayin
Quote:
Here's the problem with that logic: he can admit to whatever he wants, but unless he brought to court and tried for his actions and convicted, then he is NOT a criminal by law.
You confuse Criminal Law (US Code) with immigration/administrative law (INA), 2 totally different categories, hence, your ignorance.

Quote:
Again I can say that I'm a hacker, but that doesn't make me one. Same case here - his parents committed the crime, not him. Why is he held responsible? At least he took responsibility for their actions.
He is held responsible once he admitted to the EWI and turned 18 and began accruing "unlawful presence" from EWI within the US

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 02-13-2013 at 03:12 PM..

Old 02-13-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
He isn't, but the RWers don't care about little details like that.
And you LWProgressives are either inept or niave. DACA does not bestow a legal status, it bestows a lawfull status. Learn the difference between the 2.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama already said they could stay for 2 years and no one will deport them.
They can get SS numbers, DLs and work permits.

Doesn't matter what you think or what the law says because the law got changed for them.
My god people, the law wasn't changed for them. The law was already on the books, what Obama has done is allowed a specific limited group to apply for relief through this policy, he could allow every illegal to do so, but if he did then you would see an uproar like no other and the fact that DHS would never be able to process all those applications.

What DACA does is place the applicant into removal proceedings and then immediately grants deferred action for 2 years, at which point they must apply again for both DACA and a work permit. What this does is create a file on the illegal so the govt knows who they are.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 02-13-2013 at 03:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration