U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-15-2013, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Reputation: 27519

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Yes, it does. If you are a generational American, why in the world are you competing with supposed illegal immigrants for the jobs they do? Especially if you are a generational white American and have not had deal with generations of discrimination based on your skin color, why are you competing with these people? Sounds much like you or many in your past may have wasted opportunities but yet have a sense of entitlement. I'm just asking for an explanation...
So now hiring illegals vs citizens is all about a sense of entitlement ?

Sorry my friend but we have not gone total open border yet where any citizen of any country can compete for jobs here in the US regardless of visa status.

We're going down that path but we are not there yet.

 
Old 02-15-2013, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
6,948 posts, read 2,030,859 times
Reputation: 2499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A U.S. citizen has the right to apply for any job they want in this country. If they want to be a ditch digger that's their business. Are you saying that certain jobs Americans should have no right to do? Are you implying that Americans should leave certain jobs to non-English speaking illegal immigrants? You can't be serious.
Read below since it is so difficult for you to grasp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
No, that's not at all my point. My point is that IF you are taking advantage of the opportunities afforded to you, especially when you haven't had to deal with certain hurdles...then you should be highly unlikely to run into issues with illegal immigrants. That doesn't change the fact that illegal immigration is a problem that needs to be rectified.
 
Old 02-15-2013, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
6,948 posts, read 2,030,859 times
Reputation: 2499
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So now hiring illegals vs citizens is all about a sense of entitlement ?

Sorry my friend but we have not gone total open border yet where any citizen of any country can compete for jobs here in the US regardless of visa status.

We're going down that path but we are not there yet.
See below since my comments are so puzzling for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
No, that's not at all my point. My point is that IF you are taking advantage of the opportunities afforded to you, especially when you haven't had to deal with certain hurdles...then you should be highly unlikely to run into issues with illegal immigrants. That doesn't change the fact that illegal immigration is a problem that needs to be rectified.
 
Old 02-15-2013, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,395 posts, read 8,349,307 times
Reputation: 7679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzm1 View Post
Many African-Americans concerned about Obama’s focus on immigrant rights
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/02/1...#disqus_thread


WASHINGTON — No sooner did President Barack Obama and a group of senators separately outline proposals to revamp the nation’s immigration system than the phone lines on several African-American-oriented talk radio shows heated up with callers blasting the plans.
Welcome to the club.
 
Old 02-15-2013, 05:43 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Yes, it does. If you are a generational American, why in the world are you competing with supposed illegal immigrants for the jobs they do? Especially if you are a generational white American and have not had deal with generations of discrimination based on your skin color, why are you competing with these people? Sounds much like you or many in your past may have wasted opportunities but yet have a sense of entitlement. I'm just asking for an explanation...
There's NO reason an American of ANY "color" needs to compete with ILLEGAL aliens in the US. Sheesh!
 
Old 02-15-2013, 05:56 PM
 
31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8360
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Read below since it is so difficult for you to grasp.
Hilarious! I refer you back to your post #32. Nice dodge though, only our memories aren't that short.
 
Old 02-15-2013, 06:00 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
6,948 posts, read 2,030,859 times
Reputation: 2499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
There's NO reason an American of ANY "color" needs to compete with ILLEGAL aliens in the US. Sheesh!
I agree...but if you find yourself doing so, make some changes!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Hilarious! I refer you back to your post #32. Nice dodge though, only our memories aren't that short.
Problem? No dodging here.
 
Old 02-15-2013, 06:26 PM
 
31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8360
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
I agree...but if you find yourself doing so, make some changes!




Problem? No dodging here.
Why should an American make career changes if he is doing something they like, to accomodate illegal immigrants? Um, yeah it was a dodge and I proved it was by referriing you back to your post #32. I suggest you let it go as we can all read what you said, you know.
 
Old 02-15-2013, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
6,948 posts, read 2,030,859 times
Reputation: 2499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why should an American make career changes if he is doing something they like, to accomodate illegal immigrants? Um, yeah it was a dodge and I proved it was by referriing you back to your post #32. I suggest you let it go as we can all read what you said, you know.
You know what I said and I stick by it. No part of it is a dodge. Some of you whine and complain too much for me. There is opportunity to get ahead. Take it.
 
Old 02-15-2013, 09:08 PM
 
31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8360
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
You know what I said and I stick by it. No part of it is a dodge. Some of you whine and complain too much for me. There is opportunity to get ahead. Take it.
Illegal immigrants have replaced Americans in the construction, landscaping and other blue collared jobs. Many of these Americans loved doing that kind of work and were paid well at one time. It takes a lot of nerve to tell an American to change careers so that an illegal immigrant can have his job. Whine and complain? Why shouldn't an American be upset about that? The question is why don't you have a problem with that? If you oppose illegal immigration like you claim you do you sure aren't proving it by your words in here.

And yes, I know what you said in post #32. It's all there for everyone to read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top