U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-15-2013, 10:46 PM
 
3,869 posts, read 3,183,026 times
Reputation: 2489

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why should an American make career changes if he is doing something they like, to accomodate illegal immigrants? Um, yeah it was a dodge and I proved it was by referriing you back to your post #32. I suggest you let it go as we can all read what you said, you know.
Maybe Caribdoll is happy paying for their Anchor babies and having these Illegals coddled and cutting in line before him/her.

But the fact of the matter is that it shouldn't have been allowed in the first place.

Employment is just of many issues such as strain on infrastructure, crime, unpaid ER bills, Identity theft, deterioration of neighborhoods, costs for bilingual BS everything from Gov. forms ,interpreters, ESL classes, school overcrowding, and much more.

This is not a singular issue.

 
Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
6,976 posts, read 2,078,721 times
Reputation: 2518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal immigrants have replaced Americans in the construction, landscaping and other blue collared jobs. Many of these Americans loved doing that kind of work and were paid well at one time. It takes a lot of nerve to tell an American to change careers so that an illegal immigrant can have his job. Whine and complain? Why shouldn't an American be upset about that? The question is why don't you have a problem with that? If you oppose illegal immigration like you claim you do you sure aren't proving it by your words in here.

And yes, I know what you said in post #32. It's all there for everyone to read.
Good. Read post #32 over and over to yourself. Aren't you a conservative you believes that everyone can make it in the U.S. if they so desire? What's wrong now?

There may be other things that I would like to do more than what I do now. However, if those things are not working out, then I have to do something else to make it. No time to whine and complain like many Americans are doing...or perhaps it's that I carry the immigrant ambition from my parents.

Yes, I oppose illegal immigration, but they are here now. There needs to be a solid plan to cut off illegal immigration here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Maybe Caribdoll is happy paying for their Anchor babies and having these Illegals coddled and cutting in line before him/her.

But the fact of the matter is that it shouldn't have been allowed in the first place.

Employment is just of many issues such as strain on infrastructure, crime, unpaid ER bills, Identity theft, deterioration of neighborhoods, costs for bilingual BS everything from Gov. forms ,interpreters, ESL classes, school overcrowding, and much more.

This is not a singular issue.
Nope...all of those issues are in fact terrible. We all deal with them.
 
Old 02-16-2013, 07:51 AM
 
32,022 posts, read 14,783,562 times
Reputation: 8554
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Good. Read post #32 over and over to yourself. Aren't you a conservative you believes that everyone can make it in the U.S. if they so desire? What's wrong now?

There may be other things that I would like to do more than what I do now. However, if those things are not working out, then I have to do something else to make it. No time to whine and complain like many Americans are doing...or perhaps it's that I carry the immigrant ambition from my parents.

Yes, I oppose illegal immigration, but they are here now. There needs to be a solid plan to cut off illegal immigration here on out.



Nope...all of those issues are in fact terrible. We all deal with them.
What? Open borders and or illegal immigration is an idea advocated by many liberals not conservatives. I certainly don't advocate for that and have said so, so where are you getting that? So they are here now? So that means Americans should roll over and give them their jobs? Really?

You refuse to get that many Americans like blue-collared jobs and don't want to do anything else. Yet you think they should change careers to accomodate illegal immigrants. I don't understand that kind of thinking at all and why you would call it whining and complaining to have to do that. Your immigrant parents? Do you mean legal immigrant parents? I certainly hope so. If they are, you of all people should be opposed to illegal immigrants taking jobs that should be for Americans and legal immigrants and I am not getting that from your posts in spite of your claims. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth. Now I am done discussing this issue with you because I sense an ulterior motive with you and I don't like playing games.
 
Old 02-16-2013, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Caribbean
6,976 posts, read 2,078,721 times
Reputation: 2518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What? Open borders and or illegal immigration is an idea advocated by many liberals not conservatives. I certainly don't advocate for that and have said so, so where are you getting that?

You refuse to get that many Americans like blue-collared jobs and don't want to do anything else. Yet you think they should change careers to accomodate illegal immigrants. I don't understand that kind of thinking at all and why you would call it whining and complaining to have to do that. Your immigrant parents? Do you mean legal immigrant parents? I certainly hope so. If they are, you of all people should be opposed to illegal immigrants taking jobs that should be for Americans and legal immigrants and I am not getting that from your posts in spite of your claims. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth. Now I am done discussing this issue with you because I sense an ulterior motive with you and I don't like playing games.
Of course you're done. The whole point is that there is no way to send all of the illegal immigrants back. Therefore, make yourself more marketable or stop complaining. Oh yes, legal immigrant parents who taught me to work hard and not complain like I hear so many people doing. So angry and hateful because now they have to work a bit harder than before. It's not talking about both side of your mouth. It's dealing with reality and not being afraid of having to put in extra effort to be successful.
 
Old 02-16-2013, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,286,997 times
Reputation: 27525
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Good. Read post #32 over and over to yourself. Aren't you a conservative you believes that everyone can make it in the U.S. if they so desire? What's wrong now?

There may be other things that I would like to do more than what I do now. However, if those things are not working out, then I have to do something else to make it. No time to whine and complain like many Americans are doing...or perhaps it's that I carry the immigrant ambition from my parents.

Yes, I oppose illegal immigration, but they are here now. There needs to be a solid plan to cut off illegal immigration here on out.



Nope...all of those issues are in fact terrible. We all deal with them.
There will never be a "solid plan" because we will not put up guard towers, land mines and electrified barbed wire to protect the borders and shoot intruders who try to illegal cross the border.
They only do that in "evil countries".

History has proven we cannot control the borders.
Eisenhower, Reagan and now Obama.
 
Old 02-16-2013, 08:59 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,389,012 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
I agree...but if you find yourself doing so, make some changes!




Problem? No dodging here.
I AM making changes like telling Americans who hire ILLEGAL aliens they should be in jail and so on. Yes; I'm helping to make it bad here for illegals in the US.
 
Old 02-16-2013, 09:01 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,389,012 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Of course you're done. The whole point is that there is no way to send all of the illegal immigrants back. Therefore, make yourself more marketable or stop complaining. Oh yes, legal immigrant parents who taught me to work hard and not complain like I hear so many people doing. So angry and hateful because now they have to work a bit harder than before. It's not talking about both side of your mouth. It's dealing with reality and not being afraid of having to put in extra effort to be successful.
I know we can't sent 100 percent of illegal aliens back home. Tho we can get about 90 percent of them and the few left will shut up and keep their heads down if called out.
 
Old 02-16-2013, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Caribbean
6,976 posts, read 2,078,721 times
Reputation: 2518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I know we can't sent 100 percent of illegal aliens back home. Tho we can get about 90 percent of them and the few left will shut up and keep their heads down if called out.
Really now. Let me ask you. How much will it cost to send all these people back? Since you want to foot the bill, let all the Republicans and Democrats who turned a blind eye to illegal immigration know of your plans. Thanks much!

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 02-16-2013 at 09:37 AM..
 
Old 02-16-2013, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,864,905 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Of course you're done. The whole point is that there is no way to send all of the illegal immigrants back. Therefore, make yourself more marketable or stop complaining. Oh yes, legal immigrant parents who taught me to work hard and not complain like I hear so many people doing. So angry and hateful because now they have to work a bit harder than before. It's not talking about both side of your mouth. It's dealing with reality and not being afraid of having to put in extra effort to be successful.
Please explain why you believe we must tolerate illegal immigration. Perhaps you don't realize we wouldn't have to "send them" anywhere if the government would simply enforce our laws. And, as others have stated, there is no reason a citizen of this country should have to compete against ANY illegal alien in the job market. Nor should a citizen lose a job because illegal aliens are unable and/or unwilling to learn English.

Furthermore, when did you become the supreme arbiter of "appropriate" occupations for U.S. citizens? In case you don't know, everyone is not college material. Moreover, why should a guy who has worked construction for years, earning a decent wage to support a family, willingly relinquish his job to an illegal alien? Why should he be the one to change occupations and learn new skills, simply because our government has failed to enforce our laws?

Many citizens are hard-working, dependable, and dedicated. But, that doesn't guarantee job security, or preclude their jobs from being at risk. Apparently, you don't realize GREED is the impetus for the growth and prevalence of illegal immigration, not a lack of qualified, industrious employees. I don't know what you do for a living, but you may want to lose some of your condescension, because few occupations are immune from this scourge. While most illegal aliens are low-skilled and uneducated, many are not. In addition, once some of those "Dreamers" become college educated, one may replace YOU. But, I suppose that would be fine, because you would be oh-so-willing to start over in a different occupation. After all, your immigrant parents instilled in you the "work hard and don't complain" mindset. Well, you are entitled to rollover and reinvent yourself as many times as you choose. But, that certainly doesn't mean others should follow suit.

Contrary to your belief, a docile attitude isn't a recipe for success. No, that's the mindset of a defeatist and doormat. Hopefully, an illegal won't decide to one day squat in your house while you're on vacation. If so, I suppose you wouldn't complain, because you have been taught that whiners are losers. Right? No, you would just pack your bags and find another place to live.
 
Old 02-16-2013, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,864,905 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Really now. Let me ask you. How much will it cost to set all these people back? Since you want to foot the bill, let all the Republicans and Democrats who turned a blind eye to illegal immigration know of your plans. Thanks much!
Why are you fixated on deportation? Do you actually not realize we don't have to deport illegals to rid our country? Have you any idea what it will cost to allow them to remain? Why don't you do a little research, and then get back with us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top