U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 09:25 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,301,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Really now. Let me ask you. How much will it cost to set all these people back? Since you want to foot the bill, let all the Republicans and Democrats who turned a blind eye to illegal immigration know of your plans. Thanks much!
E verify, ANYBODY "contacted" by the cops asked for ID and if no ID, a trip downtown and so on. Illegals WILL scatter, I saw that here in Arizona a few years back with 1070 and so on.

Another way to lay low: speak ONLY English if in public, that will "disarm" most people thinking IF you're an illegal alien.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:36 AM

6,952 posts, read 2,036,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
E verify, ANYBODY "contacted" by the cops asked for ID and if no ID, a trip downtown and so on. Illegals WILL scatter, I saw that here in Arizona a few years back with 1070 and so on.

Another way to lay low: speak ONLY English if in public, that will "disarm" most people thinking IF you're an illegal alien.
So laying low and speak English is your idea of a solution...or will that just make you feel more comfortable?

Old 02-16-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please explain why you believe we must tolerate illegal immigration. Perhaps you don't realize we wouldn't have to "send them" anywhere if the government would simply enforce our laws. And, as others have stated, there is no reason a citizen of this country should have to compete against ANY illegal alien in the job market. Nor should a citizen lose a job because illegal aliens are unable and/or unwilling to learn English.

Furthermore, when did you become the supreme arbiter of "appropriate" occupations for U.S. citizens? In case you don't know, everyone is not college material. Moreover, why should a guy who has worked construction for years, earning a decent wage to support a family, willingly relinquish his job to an illegal alien? Why should he be the one to change occupations and learn new skills, simply because our government has failed to enforce our laws?

Many citizens are hard-working, dependable, and dedicated. But, that doesn't guarantee job security, or preclude their jobs from being at risk. Apparently, you don't realize GREED is the impetus for the growth and prevalence of illegal immigration, not a lack of qualified, industrious employees. I don't know what you do for a living, but you may want to lose some of your condescension, because few occupations are immune from this scourge. While most illegal aliens are low-skilled and uneducated, many are not. In addition, once some of those "Dreamers" become college educated, one may replace YOU. But, I suppose that would be fine, because you would be oh-so-willing to start over in a different occupation. After all, your immigrant parents instilled in you the "work hard and don't complain" mindset. Well, you are entitled to rollover and reinvent yourself as many times as you choose. But, that certainly doesn't mean others should follow suit.

Contrary to your belief, a docile attitude isn't a recipe for success. No, that's the mindset of a defeatist and doormat. Hopefully, an illegal won't decide to one day squat in your house while you're on vacation. If so, I suppose you wouldn't complain, because you have been taught that whiners are losers. Right? No, you would just pack your bags and find another place to live.
Who said anything about tolerating illegal immigration? Stop running off at the mouth if you don't understand what someone is stating...and lose your own condescension. I am well aware that is GREED...the GREED and indifference of many of the same people are complaining. I'm sick of hearing it. It was fine when people were confined to certain jobs, but as soon as the people started to be more visible in other areas, it was a problem. You may be fooled, but I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Who cares? They have no one to blame but themselves fast forward to amnesty.
This.

Quote:
Why are you fixated on deportation? Do you actually not realize we don't have to deport illegals to rid our country? Have you any idea what it will cost to allow them to remain? Why don't you do a little research, and then get back with us.
No need because I'm not the one complaining? Got it? Good.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLookout View Post
If it was my decision to make I would pull our troops out of the Middle East and deploy them along our southern border. I would militarize it until we have some of our own problems fixed first. I would deport them all regardless of their situation. What other felony do we turn such a blind eye to exclusively due to race?
Troops on the border is a good idea. Some of been sent there in the past. While that would deal with the majority aspect of illegal immigration, it doesn't deal with many of the reasons others now have illegal status. The legal immigration system also has problems that need to be fixed.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:57 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Quote:
Who said anything about tolerating illegal immigration? Stop running off at the mouth if you don't understand what someone is stating...and lose your own condescension. I am well aware that is GREED...the GREED and indifference of many of the same people are complaining. I'm sick of hearing it. It was fine when people were confined to certain jobs, but as soon as the people started to be more visible in other areas, it was a problem. You may be fooled, but I'm not.

This.

No need because I'm not the one complaining? Got it? Good.

You have made quite a few assumptions. What makes you think people haven't opposed illegal immigration, written their representatives, and become activists prior to recently? Perhaps you should also learn the difference between "complaining" and discussing/debating an issue.

If accepting their illegal presence, changing occupations, and acquiring new skills to accommodate them, doesn't constitute "tolerating" illegal immigration, please tell me what does. And, if you are unable or unwilling to discuss this issue with civility and maturity, I suppose I have nothing more to say. Got it? Good.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
You have made quite a few assumptions. What makes you think people haven't opposed illegal immigration, written their representatives, and become activists prior to recently? Perhaps you should also learn the difference between "complaining" and discussing/debating an issue.

If accepting their illegal presence, changing occupations, and acquiring new skills to accommodate them, doesn't constitute "tolerating" illegal immigration, please tell me what does. And, if you are unable or unwilling to discuss this issue with civility and maturity, I suppose I have nothing more to say. Got it? Good.
No assumptions were made. That's why my post said many rather than not all. Simply put, the laws need to be enforced from here on out, and a path to being legal is the best decision for those here already. Don't speak to me about civility and maturity because nothing in my posts are anything but that. Now if you don't like people stating things that you don't agree with, that your affair. I wasn't standing at the polls voting for Obama in November but I have no problem sticking it to people who act like this is solely an Obama issue, a Democrat issue etc. I'm simply not entirely one-sided on the issue and so my comment will pluck nerves on both sides.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
No assumptions were made. That's why my post said many rather than not all. Simply put, the laws need to be enforced from here on out, and a path to being legal is the best decision for those here already. Don't speak to me about civility and maturity because nothing in my posts are anything but that. Now if you don't like people stating things that you don't agree with, that your affair. I wasn't standing at the polls voting for Obama in November but I have no problem sticking it to people who act like this is solely an Obama issue, a Democrat issue etc. I'm simply not entirely one-sided on the issue and so my comment will pluck nerves on both sides.
Why "from here on out" as in, after another amnesty? Why not NOW?

Obviously, we have very different opinions of maturity and civility. I don't consider your following comments necessary in a mature and civil debate.

Quote:
Stop running off at the mouth if you don't understand what someone is stating

Old 02-16-2013, 10:22 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,301,713 times
Quote:
So laying low and speak English is your idea of a solution...or will that just make you feel more comfortable?
Like I said: IF a person is here illegally, lay low and DON'T talk back to ANYONE, especially a cop. I'll say MOST illegals WILL trip themselves up and be deported.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Why "from here on out" as in, after another amnesty? Why not NOW?

Obviously, we have very different opinions of maturity and civility. I don't consider your following comments necessary in a mature and civil debate.
"From here" means NOW. Stop acting oblivious.

Uh huh...you pick out one line that you dislike and claim that a person doesn't debate with maturity and civility but you high five people who post a slew of nonsense...because you're so mature and civil.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
"From here" means NOW. Stop acting oblivious.

Uh huh...you pick out one line that you dislike and claim that a person doesn't debate with maturity and civility but you high five people who post a slew of nonsense...because you're so mature and civil.
Are you now suggesting we should enforce our laws and not grant amnesty to those currently here; and citizens should not acquire new skills to avoid competing against low-skilled illegal aliens? Please clarify your new position, because it contradicts your previous posts.

Perhaps you would like to quote where I have "high fived" a post containing a "slew of nonsense." I'll wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.