U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 10:14 AM

6,981 posts, read 2,101,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Black folks are no more immune to job competition than whites, who are likewise pi$$ed that the "low-end" of the market is being taken over by cheap "immigrant" labor. Except it arguably hurts black folks even more, who already have enough trouble finding jobs. But the answer is for both parts of the economic "underclass", black & white, to "upgrade" their skills, so that they become more competitive, rather than simply claiming they're ''entitled'', regardless whether due to their race, or 'cuz they're ''natives''.
Don't say that. They'll get even more angry than they are. No one is happy with the current situation, but apparently doing the above is out of the question. It's much easier to sit and spew venom.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:21 AM

6,981 posts, read 2,101,237 times
Quote:
If this ain't simply about hatin' furiners, and you really care so much about "American labor" (and American wages), then how come you support a party that promotes outsourcing and makes anti-unionism and nationwide right-to-work laws (aka, union-busting) part of its very platform?!

Cheap foreign labor, or "cheap" corporations ruthlessly cutting labor costs.... aren't they both driving American wages to the bottom?!
Thank you for making sense.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:54 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,336,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I do not support everything that the GOP advocates for. I oppose both outsourcing and illegal immigration which hurts the American worker. Why do you support a party that wants to give millions of illegal immigrants the opportunity to remain here and retain jobs that Americans need, drive down wages or compete against them for jobs? Pot, kettle, black.

In actually, outsourcing is far less harmful than illegal immigration because at least we wouldn't have millions of illegal foreigners living here and dipping into our welfare coffers via their anchor babies and stressing out our schools, jails and hospitals and depleting our natural resources.

Keep playing the race card. It is fun to watch. I have nothing against "foreigners" who are here legally just as long as Americans are given first dibs at jobs and they aren't a burden to our society. If you think that it is only Republicans who hire cheap, illegal labor then you aren't dealing in realty and are in deep denial based on your biasness against the GOP.
So that's your excuse for supporting outsourcing (and less jobs)... simply claiming that it's ''less harmful'' (and then changing the subject)? That's kinda like saying you hate welfare moms, and then try to ban abortion and contraception (oops, I forgot, that one's on the GOP platform too, isn't it)?!!

No wonder Romney was nick-named "etch-a-sketch"... who could ever reconcile so many crazy contradictions within his own party?!

Old 02-17-2013, 06:56 PM

32,251 posts, read 14,886,630 times
Quote:
So that's your excuse for supporting outsourcing (and less jobs)... simply claiming that it's ''less harmful'' (and then changing the subject)? That's kinda like saying you hate welfare moms, and then try to ban abortion and contraception (oops, I forgot, that one's on the GOP platform too, isn't it)?!!

No wonder Romney was nick-named "etch-a-sketch"... who could ever reconcile so many crazy contradictions within his own party?!
What? Re-read my post for God's sake! I said both outsourcing and illegal immigration are hurting the American worker. Where did I support outsourcing? All I said, is that it is "less" harmful than illegal immigration but it is still harmful to the American worker but the lesser of two evils). There is no contradition in my statements.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:05 AM
Yac

5,887 posts, read 6,336,948 times
Since once again it seems this forum is incapable of actually discussing these issues, I'm closing this thread.
Keep spinning and nitpicking
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration