Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 06:32 AM

281 posts, read 749,188 times

Advertisements

The Sunday TV Talk Shows and the mainstream media Journalists are incredibly unified in their support for comprehensive immigration reform. (Amnesty). And feel good stories about the huge number of Hispanic Immigrants in America.

EVERY news story is slanted to support amnesty and show Hispanic Immigrants as wonderful light skinned people who look more similar to the elite in Madrid Spain than the dark skinned Mexican Indian who has come to America in greater numbers from south of the border.

I don't have anything against the Hispanics who have an Indian Dark Skinned Indian background but wonder why the media tends to not show them when they present Hispanics Immigrants. By ignoring the Indian side of the Hispanic population and showing the elite whiter skinned European type of Hispanic they are not showing the true example of most Hispanic Immigrants. (I know most people in Mexico are mixed but the Indian side dominates.)

In Mexico there is a real bias against the Hispanic people who come from an Indian background and many of them are not allowed in some shops and restaurants. Isn't our media doing the same thing when they don't show Dark Skinned Indian Hispanics in their news stories showing how wonderful Hispanic people are? Who is the real racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 07:38 AM

157 posts, read 136,941 times
I tend to think that media types focus more on finding the most heart rending stories to feature which will most tug at the heart strings of Americans. I don't think they make a conscious effort to single out a particular shade of skin color. Just my opinion.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:47 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Man View Post
The Sunday TV Talk Shows and the mainstream media Journalists are incredibly unified in their support for comprehensive immigration reform. (Amnesty). And feel good stories about the huge number of Hispanic Immigrants in America.

EVERY news story is slanted to support amnesty and show Hispanic Immigrants as wonderful light skinned people who look more similar to the elite in Madrid Spain than the dark skinned Mexican Indian who has come to America in greater numbers from south of the border.

I don't have anything against the Hispanics who have an Indian Dark Skinned Indian background but wonder why the media tends to not show them when they present Hispanics Immigrants. By ignoring the Indian side of the Hispanic population and showing the elite whiter skinned European type of Hispanic they are not showing the true example of most Hispanic Immigrants. (I know most people in Mexico are mixed but the Indian side dominates.)

In Mexico there is a real bias against the Hispanic people who come from an Indian background and many of them are not allowed in some shops and restaurants. Isn't our media doing the same thing when they don't show Dark Skinned Indian Hispanics in their news stories showing how wonderful Hispanic people are? Who is the real racist?
So if the news media showed more dark skinned illegal aliens, then the American people would be against CIR or the Dream Act?

Just to be clear. Reagan style Amnesty isn't being proposed today.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:14 AM

62,758 posts, read 28,944,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
So if the news media showed more dark skinned illegal aliens, then the American people would be against CIR or the Dream Act?

For most Americans depth of skin color has nothing to do with opposition to a so-called CIR or the Dream Act.

Any proposal that includes allowing illegal immigrants to remain here whether it was Reagan's or Obama's is the wrong thing to do, IMO. I don't care what terminology is used to describe it except that permitting this isn't "reform".

Old 02-13-2013, 08:26 AM

281 posts, read 749,188 times
I think if they showed darker skinned Indian Hispanics by nature people would be more turned off.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:27 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
For most Americans depth of skin color has nothing to do with opposition to a so-called CIR or the Dream Act.

Any proposal that includes allowing illegal immigrants to remain here whether it was Reagan's or Obama's is the wrong thing to do, IMO. I don't care what terminology is used to describe it except that permitting this isn't "reform".
maybe you should have clicked-on tired ol mans post to make your point...

I already understand you dont care about the difference in meaning of CIR and amnesty.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:41 AM

62,758 posts, read 28,944,698 times
Quote:
maybe you should have clicked-on tired ol mans post to make your point...

I already understand you dont care about the difference in meaning of CIR and amnesty.
Why would I do that when it was your remarks I wanted to address?

Old 02-13-2013, 11:11 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,780,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Man View Post

There is a method to their madness. This is how they will build support, by showing people who look like the majority of Americans. They are determined to build support by any means necessary.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:26 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,867,636 times
Quote:

The OP is probably right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration