U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-13-2013, 08:03 PM
 
1,169 posts, read 1,239,477 times
Reputation: 761

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the shame does not belong him or them it belongs to us, every time we hire pedro to cut our lawn and fix our roof while our unemployed grown son sits on the couch.
Good point. Personally, I support immigration without documentation as I don't believe humans should have numbers attached to their existence. This includes peoples belongings (guns). However, I'm 100% against immigrants living off of the native population. No free schooling, no free healthcare, no free food or housing. It's great if you want to come here and make something of yourself but I don't want the clothes taken off of my back for the sake of clothing another.

 
Old 02-13-2013, 08:29 PM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
25,384 posts, read 16,318,821 times
Reputation: 14107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
You believe the gall of these people....

Maybe we should start showing these illegals more respect like Mexico does with their illegals---Shoot them between the eyes!

Jose Antonio Vargas, an illegal immigrant and former reporter, scolded a congressional panel on Wednesday, saying that he should not be called illegal, and saying it is an insult to his family who brought him here.
“When you inaccurately call me illegal, you not only dehumanize me, you’re offending them,” he said. “No human being is illegal.”

Illegal immigrant tells Congress not to call him illegal - Washington Times
Technically he's right. The act is illegal, he is a criminal. Criminal alien is the proper term.
 
Old 02-13-2013, 10:00 PM
 
31,704 posts, read 14,622,494 times
Reputation: 8453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the shame does not belong him or them it belongs to us, every time we hire pedro to cut our lawn and fix our roof while our unemployed grown son sits on the couch.
Most Americans do not hire illegal immigrants. Most young Americans I know of are desperately seeking work. Nice try but no cigar.
 
Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 PM
 
31,704 posts, read 14,622,494 times
Reputation: 8453
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
Good point. Personally, I support immigration without documentation as I don't believe humans should have numbers attached to their existence. This includes peoples belongings (guns). However, I'm 100% against immigrants living off of the native population. No free schooling, no free healthcare, no free food or housing. It's great if you want to come here and make something of yourself but I don't want the clothes taken off of my back for the sake of clothing another.
I see, so you're for open borders where any foreigner can come here and compete for American jobs in unlimited numbers?
 
Old 02-13-2013, 10:04 PM
 
Location: Austin
28,986 posts, read 15,552,103 times
Reputation: 7744
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Illegal makes it seem like their in the same boat as drug dealers. Undocumented. . .is the politically correct term
Kinda like drug dealers are undocumented pharmacists.
 
Old 02-14-2013, 12:10 AM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
10,584 posts, read 7,974,324 times
Reputation: 4146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Illegal makes it seem like their in the same boat as drug dealers.
It does not make it seem like they're in the same boat.

It points out the fact that they're in the same boat.

Quote:
Undocumented. . .is the politically correct term
"Undocumented" means they left their copy of the program at home when they went to the school play.

"Illegal" means they broke the law.

"Illegal" is the correct and accurate term.
 
Old 02-14-2013, 12:24 AM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
5,200 posts, read 4,112,644 times
Reputation: 6157
Talking Criminalien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Illegal Immigrant Tells Congress Not To Call Him Illegal


He may be have a point.

He's not an illegal immigrant.

He's an illegal alien.

Get it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Technically he's right. The act is illegal, he is a criminal. Criminal alien is the proper term.
Criminalien !
 
Old 02-14-2013, 01:28 AM
 
9,665 posts, read 8,321,681 times
Reputation: 3225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the shame does not belong him or them it belongs to us, every time we hire pedro to cut our lawn and fix our roof while our unemployed grown son sits on the couch.
Whut?

When I lived in South FL, my home owners association had workers who spoke Spanish. Many of them were naturalized citizens who could vote. What's your beef with garden workers?

These people are really good at gardening and are very efficient in hurricane clean up and such. Many are family businesses that pay taxes.

Gardening is skilled work that pays slightly above minimum wage.
 
Old 02-14-2013, 01:33 AM
 
9,665 posts, read 8,321,681 times
Reputation: 3225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
It does not make it seem like they're in the same boat.

It points out the fact that they're in the same boat.


"Undocumented" means they left their copy of the program at home when they went to the school play.

"Illegal" means they broke the law.

"Illegal" is the correct and accurate term.
So why didn't the secret service or law enforcement arrest the man?
 
Old 02-14-2013, 02:18 AM
 
Location: Portlandia "burbs"
10,236 posts, read 13,536,365 times
Reputation: 25856
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Whut?

When I lived in South FL, my home owners association had workers who spoke Spanish. Many of them were naturalized citizens who could vote. What's your beef with garden workers?

These people are really good at gardening and are very efficient in hurricane clean up and such. Many are family businesses that pay taxes.

Gardening is skilled work that pays slightly above minimum wage.

You missed his point. He said that he hires the willing workers to care for his lawn because his own son is too lazy to get off his butt and help out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top