Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 04:50 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,693,352 times

Advertisements

Why are you so afraid of a bilingual society. Why can't we speak both? I can Speak perfect Spanish and perfect English.

AA:I'm not afraid of a bilingual society, I just want to speak our National Language of ENGLISH! Why should I take the time and learn Spanish? Now, if you go to England do you think they would do the same?

Don't you think all of Latin America would be pissed if the United States started killing their people?

AA:I dont think it would be a problem if they just dont cross the figgin border "undocumented"! period! then no one gets hurt! I know there are women and children, but if the drug trafickers and criminals use them as human sheilds, then so be it! DONT TRY TO CROSS OUR BORDERS UNLESS YOU HAVE A VISA OR PERMIT.!

Look.. I love all Hispanics, my ancestry is actually Spanish(iberean) that colonized Mexico durring the Manila Galeon trades between China / Spain via Manila, Acculpolco/Vera Cruz then to Madrid. But I dont like the fact they are just hopping over here and not getting the right documents to work here. They need to wait in line just like eveyone else. I also dont like it when they use the "poor" reason because the Philippines is also poor and actually "poorer" than Mexico, but they still wait their turn to come the the US. Actually, a lot of them go to Canada because it is easier to immigrate there. Maybe Mexicans(Central and South Americans) should try Canada too? Just dont go to Quebec because they really wont cater to Spanish there and make you speak French till your blue in the face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 04:59 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,938,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
Why are you so afraid of a bilingual society. Why can't we speak both? I can Speak perfect Spanish and perfect English.

AA:I'm not afraid of a bilingual society, I just want to speak our National Language of ENGLISH! Why should I take the time and learn Spanish? Now, if you go to England do you think they would do the same?

You shouldn't have to learn English, but as long as there are only spanish speakers there will still be a need for bilingual speakers. My Mom actually gets paid more for speaking both English and Spanish.

Don't you think all of Latin America would be pissed if the United States started killing their people?

AA:I dont think it would be a problem if they just dont cross the figgin border "undocumented"! period! then no one gets hurt! I know there are women and children, but if the drug trafickers and criminals use them as human sheilds, then so be it! DONT TRY TO CROSS OUR BORDERS UNLESS YOU HAVE A VISA OR PERMIT.!

Look.. I love all Hispanics, my ancestry is actually Spanish(iberean) that colonized Mexico durring the Manila Galeon trades between China / Spain via Manila, Acculpolco/Vera Cruz then to Madrid. But I dont like the fact they are just hopping over here and not getting the right documents to work here. They need to wait in line just like eveyone else. I also dont like it when they use the "poor" reason because the Philippines is also poor and actually "poorer" than Mexico, but they still wait their turn to come the the US. Actually, a lot of them go to Canada because it is easier to immigrate there. Maybe Mexicans(Central and South Americans) should try Canada too? Just dont go to Quebec because they really wont cater to Spanish there and make you speak French till your blue in the face.
The reason why people from the Philippines don't come the the U.S illegally is because the fact that they are quite a ways from the United States as you stated before. But believe me, if the Philippines traded places with Mexico they too would be coming illegally.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:05 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,453,403 times
Actually Filipinos shouldn't be talking about illegals in the US, as they are a major source of illegals in Japan, Malaysia and China:

Philippines praises Malaysia's treatment of illegal Filipinos Asian Political News - Find Articles

Perhaps US should Cane our illegals like Malaysia?
BBC News | ASIA-PACIFIC | Malaysia's illegal immigrants face cane

Also Filipinos get amnesty in United Arab Emirates:
Migrants News Monitor: UAE gives illegal workers 90 days to regularize stay or leave

Old 10-22-2007, 05:20 PM

I think they should prosecute those 'illigal Filipinos' and have no mercy. At least those countries know how to deal with their own laws and "justice is served". I know there are illigal Filipinos here in the USA.. I have no sympathy for them either, they should wait in line also.

FYI: The Philippines also has a large Illigal problem, its ethnic Chinese that come and overstay. They have wealth and avoid paying income taxes.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
You are not a racist at all. But let's stop blaming the Hispanics that don't want to learn English for being that way. Blame capitalism. Illegal Hispanic immigrants make the bulk of the low-wage population. Not Mandarins. Not Philipinos. Not Polish people. It is Hispanics that speak Spanish. As such, it behooves not only the government but private businesses to translate everything possible into Spanish so as to facilitate business and services. And I am so sick and tired of hearing anti-immigrant sentiment aimed at the immigrants when pretty much everyone here in this country legally would do the exact same thing for their families if they were in the situation of the illegal Hispanic immigrant. The blame lies 100 percent with the government. It is time to set up a guest worker program that taxes the immigrants yet allows them to take the bulk of the money they earn back to their home countries. This would improve the economies of countries such as El Salvador and Mexico. Any such agreements made with these countries would have to be monitored with an iron fist on our side.

You have a point, but I'm not blaming those people at all. They speak Spanish because our government lets them by catering to them. Whats so hard of learning English first before you can come here. Remember, its not a right to come here but its a privilage. There are a 100 more countires out there that are poorer than Mexico, Central-South America. But it is a fact that our problems with this issue can be blamed on our own government that cannot do what is right. Its just sad

Old 10-22-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I think they should prosecute those 'illigal Filipinos' and have no mercy. At least those countries know how to deal with their own laws and "justice is served". I know there are illigal Filipinos here in the USA.. I have no sympathy for them either, they should wait in line also.
You sound like an affluent Filipino do you not the ability to relate to the less fortunate?

I especially remember working overseas in Australia and having Filipinos that did not know English working in stores, restaurants. Pinoys are probably the worlds most illegal from what I have seen traveling around the globe. They are everywhere!

Old 10-22-2007, 05:30 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,938,482 times
We all know Pacquiao can relate to his less fortunate family.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
You sound like an affluent Filipino do you not the ability to relate to the less fortunate?

I specially remember working overseas in Australia and having Filipinos that did not know English working in stores, restaurants. Pinoys are probably the worlds most illegal from what I have seen traveling around the globe. They are everywhere!

Affluent? No way, I came from the bottom. The world is not fair and there is always going to be the Poor and the Rich and a bunch in the Middle(like myself). I did work hard to come to the USA and when I got here, it took more hard work. Of course I have a heart for the less fortunate, but not everyone can come here. Filipinos are all over the globe because it is a very poor country. Most people dont even make $1 a day. Most are overseas workers on a legal status, but a lot are also illigal. Those countries should deal with them also because they are law breakers!. Plain and Simple.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
We all know Pacquiao can relate to his less fortunate family.
Yeah, he comes from a city called General Santos and he was poor. Its a tuna fishing city. Now he's rolling in $$$, I hope he uses that wealth wisely.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Affluent? No way, I came from the bottom. The world is not fair and there is always going to be the Poor and the Rich and a bunch in the Middle(like myself). I did work hard to come to the USA and when I got here, it took more hard work. Of course I have a heart for the less fortunate, but not everyone can come here. Filipinos are all over the globe because it is a very poor country. Most people dont even make $1 a day. Most are overseas workers on a legal status, but a lot are also illigal. Those countries should deal with them also because they are law breakers!. Plain and Simple.
Northern Mexico is still very poor. The point is, when you are faced with oppression and not having a chance to evolve your family...well many will seek other means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration