U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 07:15 PM

31,895 posts, read 14,685,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Why are you presuming to guess why someone has not naturalized? Your displacement doesn't even make sense. They can return to their homelands, and abandon their residency. It appears that their residency is held in higher esteem than their homelands.

Let's have some monetary values, I'm not letting you off easy with the "feel-good" figures...

I ask questions because you seem thoroughly confused about what immigration quotas are, whom they apply to, and how they are allocated. Your position has stated no clear specifics at all. Go for it, give us your grand plan on how immigration would be ideal by ethnic quotas.

You didn't even define how three example sentences I offered would relate to illegal immigration...

So prove you can lay out your master plan with specifics, I'm waiting to hear it...

I've always understood it wasn't just about illegal immigration with you, but you've got the ability to say how you want it, just expect some questions...
I can "guess" anything I want. It is still a guess or an opinion. Don't like it then offer your own guess/opinion on it. Residency when coupled with job opportunities or benefits doesn't necessarily equate to love or loyalty to our country.

I said that many times illegal immigration discussions get spinned off into discussions of legal immigration so now you want to me to explain the remote times when that might not be the case? What is this, a quiz?

If you don't understand what it means for an immigrant to have enough health coverage so that our taxes don't have to subsidize their care then I don't know what to tell you. You want me to dig up the costs of an operation for you and get quotes from insurance companies for you to determine how much coverage an immigrant will need to have their policy completely cover it? You're going off the deep end now.

I don't owe you a master plan for legal immigration quotas based on fair and equal quotas for different ethnic groups/nationalities. I am not an immigration expert but I am sure those who are could figure it out. Just how difficult would that be?

Until you start answering the numerous questions posed to you by myself and others in here I wouldn't be demanding that we answer yours if I were you. Shall I go back once again asking you what you have against diversifed quotas and why you think that Mexicans and other Latinos should continue to hold the highest quotas? See what I mean about you not answering questions and that is only the tip of the iceberg. I don't know why you believe in double standards in here. We can't discuss legal immigration but you can? You refuse to answer questions but we can't?

Last edited by Oldglory; 02-17-2013 at 07:54 PM..

Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,020,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
...If you don't understand what it means for an immigrant to have enough health coverage so that our taxes don't have to subsidize their care then I don't know what to tell you. You want me to dig up the costs of an operation for you and get quotes from insurance companies for you to determine how much coverage an immigrant will need to have their policy completely cover it? You're going off the deep end now...
You can't even come up with a basic number, like $100,000 of coverage? Here's a good example, showing what the premiums would be. Does it look agreeable to you?

Of course "Tourist Visas", Border Crossing Cards, and even the Visa Waiver Program need to have some coverage too, which is going to absolutely kill any overseas tourist trade...

Quote:
...I don't owe you a master plan for legal immigration quotas based on fair and equal quotas for different ethnic groups/nationalities. I am not an immigration expert but I am sure those who are could figure it out. Just how difficult would that be?...
Apparently more difficult than what you are willing to try. What is the highest qualification under your plan, "skills", ethnicity, or a relationship to a U.S. citizen? How do you think the current "quotas" are incorrect specifically (see below)?

Quote:
...Until you start answering the numerous questions posed to you by myself and others in here I wouldn't be demanding that we answer yours if I were you. Shall I go back once again asking you what you have against diversifed quotas and why you think that Mexicans and other Latinos should continue to hold the highest quotas? See what I mean about you not answering questions and that is only the tip of the iceberg.
Presumably you aren't talking about employment-based visas, and "Immediate Relative" categories have no quotas. I'll use the latest report available (http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/s...pr_fr_2011.pdf), which has 22.1% as "family sponsored" categories with quotas. That is 234,931 immigrants (out a total of 1,062,040):

Unmarried sons/daughters of U.S. citizens: 27,299 (2.6% of total)
Spouses and children of alien residents: 108,618 (10.2% of total)
Married sons/daughters of U.S. citizens: 27,704 (2.6% of total)
Siblings of U.S. citizens: 71,310 (6.7% of the total)

The report is not itemized by nationality or region for those categories with quotas, so I don't know how you are defining that Mexicans (and other Latinos) are filling more than elsewhere. Quotas are also by nationality, meaning that a sibling of a U.S. citizen in Mexico does not compete with a sibling of a U.S. citizen in the Philippines.

Exactly how does that equate to an ethnicity or nationality filling more quotas than they should be entitled to?...
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or