Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How does this video make you feel?
Angry 28 77.78%
Depressed 0 0%
Sad 2 5.56%
Happy 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 01:34 PM

140 posts, read 111,177 times

Advertisements

This is a video of American children being forced to pledge to the Mexican flag:
YouTube - American Students Forced to Say Pledge to Mexican Flag

Old 10-20-2007, 05:09 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,934,596 times
Thats during a Cinco de Mayo celebration. Nothing wrong with celebrating your culture. MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-20-2007 at 05:23 PM..

Old 10-20-2007, 05:24 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,461,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Thats during a Cinco de Mayo celebration. Nothing wrong with celebrating your culture. MOD CUT
Why should American students be required to pledge allegiance to another country's flag? You can have a Cinco de Mayo celebration without that. I wonder if these same students would be required to pledge allegiance to the Chinese flag during a Chinese New Year celebration?

Old 10-20-2007, 05:26 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,129,311 times
It seems that within some educational parameters this would be fine. We learned about other cultures, without looking down upon them, when I was in school 40+ years ago. I wouldn't assume this to be indoctrination.

You would need to know more about what was being taught. They didn't "suddenly" just get up and do this, I'm sure it was part of a broader lesson plan.

I view learning about other countries and cultures as a positive development, hopefully giving us a future generation of critically thinking, open minded leaders.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
It seems that within some educational parameters this would be fine. We learned about other cultures, without looking down upon them, when I was in school 40+ years ago. I wouldn't assume this to be indoctrination.

You would need to know more about what was being taught. They didn't "suddenly" just get up and do this, I'm sure it was part of a broader lesson plan.

I view learning about other countries and cultures as a positive development, hopefully giving us a future generation of critically thinking, open minded leaders.
I would like to know why they are 'pledging allegiance' to another country's flag? Do children in Mexico pledge allegaince to the US flag? This is indoctrination, plain and simple. The message: you can come here to the US and grab all the goodies your hands can hold and still be Mexican. allegaince to the US is optional.
This is related to when Felipe Calderon said "Wherever there is a Mexican there is Mexico". The last person who expressed those sentiments was Adolph Hitler (wherever there is a German, there is Germany).

Old 10-20-2007, 05:31 PM

140 posts, read 111,177 times
So Prologic...it's a good thing, as an American, to pledge alegience to the Mexican flag so long as it's during Cinco De Mayo? The Pledge of Allegiance is a promise or oath of allegiance to the United States as represented by its national flag. MOD CUT
MOD CUT I have stated over and over that I fully support law abiding citizens of this country, irregardless of where they originated from.
MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-20-2007 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: Don't aim comments at each other, please.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:39 PM

756 posts, read 1,994,065 times
I cant say how I feel.were the chilsern forced to do this ?are were they just learning something about other cultures?did they say the pledge of the alleglance to our flag also?
to me the video tells very little I am left with more questions than answers

Old 10-20-2007, 05:40 PM

This is the flag of the United States of America. If you would prefer to pledge allegiance to another flag, you are obviously not interested in being an American. Go home.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I would like to know why they are 'pledging allegiance' to another country's flag? Do children in Mexico pledge allegaince to the US flag? This is indoctrination, plain and simple. The message: you can come here to the US and grab all the goodies your hands can hold and still be Mexican. allegaince to the US is optional.
This is related to when Felipe Calderon said "Wherever there is a Mexican there is Mexico". The last person who expressed those sentiments was Adolph Hitler (wherever there is a German, there is Germany).
Perhaps some classes in Mexico do have classes where kids learn the Pledge of Allegiance used in the USA. Neither you nor I know the answer to that question.

Nobody is supporting the taking over of any US territory by Mexico.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
I cant say how I feel.were the chilsern forced to do this ?are were they just learning something about other cultures?did they say the pledge of the alleglance to our flag also?
to me the video tells very little I am left with more questions than answers
Very accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration