U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:57 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,906,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What do you think of this?

Mario Murillo Ministries
I think they should be deported. Why do people constantly want to make their own problems a problem for the USA to deal with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 02:02 PM

4,088 posts, read 3,567,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why is thata good thing?

Why do you trust government to teach children more than their own parents?
I don't think having a percentage of the voting population consist of ignorant Christo-robots who were never taught to think for themselves is particularly healthy in a secular, liberal society like ours is a good thing. We're already dealing with the ill effects.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:22 PM

23,641 posts, read 31,376,151 times
My company's filters are blocking the actual story, but just based off what has been said here...to me, not being able to home-school your child in your country of origin doesn't qualify you for asylum in my opinion. It's not like they'll be killed or tortured if they have to return to Germany. They'll just have to send their kids to school like millions of other German parents do.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:36 PM

5,808 posts, read 3,134,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What do you think of this?

Mario Murillo Ministries
Well let's see ...... we have millions who are here illegally. This family is not here illegally, yet our administration is spending their time trying to convert them into illegal immigrants so they can deport them. Will they be doing the same thing to "Auntie Z"?"

Old 02-18-2013, 03:34 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,441,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Did 11 million+/- illegal aliens cross the border on Inauguration Day, 2009?

The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 gave amnesty to millions of illegals and promised to control the borders. Reagan did not. Bush 1 did not. Clinton did not. Bush 2 did not.

I have absolutely no doubt that Congress will grant amnesty and continue to vow to better control the borders, going forward. Rinse and repeat in 25 years.

Asylum is a different topic.
They tried the sam under BushII but citizens let it be known that antrher emnesty was not wanted. I suspect teh saqme will hapen and washington will be jam packed with citizens objecting.A prewsident who could pass the Dream Act by his own admission isn't like to get bill with amnesty passed.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:06 PM

1,075 posts, read 799,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Asylum becasue they want to homeschool? I mean, do they go back once the kids are grown or something? It makes no sense to give asylum to people who just don't like their countries ways but aren't in any danger.
They are in danger of having their kids taken away from them and imprisonment! That's pretty extreme! And pretty scary!

Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,992,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I think they should be deported. Why do people constantly want to make their own problems a problem for the USA to deal with?
True -- but that's the reason most people are pouring into the USA, legally or illegally, they don't want to change their own countries or help their own people, it's just very easy to get into the USA one way or another and make your demands.

Asylum has become the biggesst joke with cartel members from Mexico (a democracy) living here and claiming asylum.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:29 AM

23,641 posts, read 31,376,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
They are in danger of having their kids taken away from them and imprisonment! That's pretty extreme! And pretty scary!
Only if they fail to send them to public school and I doubt it would ever even get that far.

Also since they are German citizens they are entitled to live/work in pretty much any EU nation. That's nearly 30 countries to choose from, and I'm sure homeschooling is allowed in many if not most of them. Why didn't they choose one of those countries? I don't buy the political asylum argument, not for one second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration