U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,127,381 times

Advertisements

These residents are rightfully angry that the government is not doing their job. How can we be compassionate when they are stealing benefits, arrogant, and unapologetic.

Why would they learn English when many here reject the idea of English as an official language?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 08:29 AM

31,943 posts, read 14,727,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
These residents are rightfully angry that the government is not doing their job. How can we be compassionate when they are stealing benefits, arrogant, and unapologetic.

Why would they learn English when many here reject the idea of English as an official language?
McCain is an idiot, IMO. He doesn't even address the millions of Americans out of work and the jobs that these illegals are holding or that they would be able to compete for against Americans if any amnesty were to pass. Does he really think that back taxes, fines and learning English would actually be monitored by our government? Who is going to pay for this monitoring anyway? How about the added stress to our natural and social resources and welfare coffers by adding these millions permanently to our society?

Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 AM

23,636 posts, read 31,309,626 times
I lost any respect I once had for John McCain years ago. This is just further confirmation that he is a spineless, sniveling, pandering moron just like 99% of the rest of them. I say 99% because I'm giving Congress the benefit of the doubt that perhaps one or two of them are morally upright. I doubt it.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I lost any respect I once had for John McCain years ago. This is just further confirmation that he is a spineless, sniveling, pandering moron just like 99% of the rest of them. I say 99% because I'm giving Congress the benefit of the doubt that perhaps one or two of them are morally upright. I doubt it.
You're right. McCain was in cahoots with Ted Kennedy on this years ago. Unfortunately, some of the GOP are starting to cave in to this so-called CIR nonsense also. I still have faith in a few of them though like Jeff Sessions for example.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're right. McCain was in cahoots with Ted Kennedy on this years ago. Unfortunately, some of the GOP are starting to cave in to this so-called CIR nonsense also. I still have faith in a few of them though like Jeff Sessions for example.
My only consolation so far is that my congressman, Pete Sessions, has a long record of being firmly anti-illegal immigration.

Immigration - Issue Statements - United States Congressman Pete Sessions

However, this recent issue statement has me concerned. His language is getting a little soft.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
My only consolation so far is that my congressman, Pete Sessions, has a long record of being firmly anti-illegal immigration.

Immigration - Issue Statements - United States Congressman Pete Sessions

However, this recent issue statement has me concerned. His language is getting a little soft.
Yes, I am starting to see that also from Republicans who were staunchly anti-amnesty/CIR. They are buying into the propaganda by the left and ethnocentrics that this will gain them more of the Hispanic vote. What fools they are.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, I am starting to see that also from Republicans who were staunchly anti-amnesty/CIR. They are buying into the propaganda by the left and ethnocentrics that this will gain them more of the Hispanic vote. What fools they are.
All of them, every last one. And what fools WE are to continue to vote for them.

If Sessions goes limp on this issue, he loses my vote forever. People think I'm a weirdo for voting for Obama and Sessions on the same ballot, but I think they're stupid for voting straight party.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:02 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,127,381 times
Quote:
All of them, every last one. And what fools WE are to continue to vote for them.

If Sessions goes limp on this issue, he loses my vote forever. People think I'm a weirdo for voting for Obama and Sessions on the same ballot, but I think they're stupid for voting straight party.
I don't see how making them legal will solve illegal immigration? The truth in the matter amnesty is never meant to solve illegal immigration.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I don't see how making them legal will solve illegal immigration? The truth in the matter amnesty is never meant to solve illegal immigration.
I agree. All amnesty is going to do is encourage more of them to come, just like the 1986 amnesty.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 PM

7,624 posts, read 8,153,528 times
We need a sort of American National Party that puts nation before votes. Something like the British National Party or the UK Independence Party in the UK.

Juan McAmnesty has always been a sellout when it comes to illegal immigration. I respect him for his Vietnam War service but he needs to stop selling the American people and our future down the river.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or