Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2007, 11:59 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

One of the problems experienced by criminologists wishing to study crimes committed by illegal aliens in the United States is the lack of resources available with facts and figures.

Family Security Matters Begins Database of Illegal Alien Crimes (http://www.commonvoice.com/article.asp?colid=7811 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 04:40 PM

791 posts, read 2,222,689 times
They can start with documenting 'illegal alien' crimes of Congress.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:02 PM

447 posts, read 798,074 times
in my husbands case, the district attorney told us the man who'd almost killed my husband was an illegal from mexico, and the police did too, yet in none of the paperwork i bought from the court is there one word of him being illegal...it says he was drunk, it says he admitted to his guilt, it even says he failed to appear for sentencing and that a warrant was issued for his arrest....yet not once does it say he was illegal.....
i think the trouble here is the government does not want to be held accountable, and by admitting they failed their citizens by noting the fact that these criminals were illegal they are afraid of the ramifications of their actions or inactions in our case.
no-one ever tried to establish identity of the man who maimed my husband, just passed the buck to someone else before they released the man from custody....no-one ever apoligized for their failure. and i doubt if anyone ever will.
i will write to the link provided and tell them our story...but i wonder how will it help?
i say americans who are sick and tired of the way government treats it's duties should speak out...write, call, protest...demand these people in power do the right thing.
and if they still refuse to act according to their oathe to the american people force them out of office, afterall, isnt that what our duties of being an american citizen is all about?
government has a duty, but so do we.
it's time to make sure the people in power are listening and following the majority voice whether they like it or not.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
in my husbands case, the district attorney told us the man who'd almost killed my husband was an illegal from mexico, and the police did too, yet in none of the paperwork i bought from the court is there one word of him being illegal...it says he was drunk, it says he admitted to his guilt, it even says he failed to appear for sentencing and that a warrant was issued for his arrest....yet not once does it say he was illegal.....
i think the trouble here is the government does not want to be held accountable, and by admitting they failed their citizens by noting the fact that these criminals were illegal they are afraid of the ramifications of their actions or inactions in our case.
no-one ever tried to establish identity of the man who maimed my husband, just passed the buck to someone else before they released the man from custody....no-one ever apoligized for their failure. and i doubt if anyone ever will.
i will write to the link provided and tell them our story...but i wonder how will it help?
i say americans who are sick and tired of the way government treats it's duties should speak out...write, call, protest...demand these people in power do the right thing.
and if they still refuse to act according to their oathe to the american people force them out of office, afterall, isnt that what our duties of being an american citizen is all about?
government has a duty, but so do we.
it's time to make sure the people in power are listening and following the majority voice whether they like it or not.
Well said. Time we vote for whomever is for deporting and reworking our immigration enforcement.
I am sorry for your troubles and hope all works out for you and your husband.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:46 PM

447 posts, read 798,074 times
tinman...thank you....i wanted to get our story out, because i felt alone in our misery, but as i read these posts, i dont feel so alone anymore, i see others angry about this issue, but what i'd really like to see is action...non violent action of course...if millions of american citizens and legal american immigrants spoke out, i truly feel the people in power would have to act...they would have no other choice but to listen..the illegal marchers had them listening didnt they?
over the years, my husband has undergone six or seven surgeries, to try to correct the physical injuries he sustained in the "accident"
yet, eleven years later, his fibula is still broken, a seperation of about a half inch.
his doctor, a viet nam combat trauma surgeon and orthopedist told us years ago after my husband had gone to him continuously for five or six years, " the bone is not weight bearing, and people walk around like this all the time...in fact i've seen people run on a broken leg...."and he was right.
my husband works as an hvac journeyman, he crawls around in 18 inch crawl spaces under peoples houses and in 140 degree attics, on top of rooftops, in the sweltering summer temps...he has never expected anyone to take care of him or his family...he could get disability, from his injuries, but he refuses to give in...or give up.
he doesnt talk much about the illegal or the "accident" but he is angry that no-one protected him, and no-one is taking care of america.
he is a marine, served his country, his grandfather served in ww2,he is patriotic,and generous to others..regardless of their nationality or color...he holds no hatred for the fact the man was an illegal mexican ...just the fact he was illegal...and no-one in power cared.they just let him go, and when they finally caught him nine years later, the sentence was virually suspended, because he was granted good behavior time...
good behavior time.unbelievable.
my husband has a broken body , but he is not a broken man.
the coolest thing about him, is his spirit...
i wouldve given up, gave into the pain...but he never has.
eight days in the intensive care, he pushed himself,doctors telling us the only thing that saved his life was his helmet..surprised he was going home as soon as he did...but we know differently.
we learned about this immigration problem years ago on cinco de mayo 1996, most americans woke up to it on 9-11, but most recently, i think the rest truly experienced it when millions of hispanics, illegal and legal marched on america in a defiant middle finger at america...there was no loyalty there...just anger...demands.
this has definetly been a very interesting ride so far...curious to see where it goes.
again thanks for letting me touch you.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:55 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
The personal stories always bring the problems some clarity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration