Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 10:16 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,203,193 times

Advertisements

If we had a national emergency that required a draft millions of our sons would be forced to go and fight and die. This is a fact. My question is because the illegals haven't even registered (federal law requires it) just what would they be doing while our sons served...Our government has a plan in place for our sons what plan is in place for the illegals? Its a fair question and I have never seen an answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times
Order them to leave the country.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times
If the USA got into WW 3 and had to impose a draft, I imagine the illegal aliens would say, "adios".

Old 02-20-2013, 12:44 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,287,388 times
IF an illegal wanted to serve in our military, I say that's ok after being completely checked out. Sign them up for a mininum 10 year service contract and then after they are in say 3 years, they can be given the courses to become a citizen of ONLY the United States. (no duel citizenship). I feel that if they are willing to put thier life on the line for our Nation, then they earn the right to be citizens. But not until they are willing and serve.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:13 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Use them for expendable purposes on the battlefield. That way we can reduce casualties amongst the Americans, sort of like what the French used to do with the French Foreign Legion.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:15 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
If we had a national emergency that required a draft millions of our sons would be forced to go and fight and die. This is a fact. My question is because the illegals haven't even registered (federal law requires it) just what would they be doing while our sons served...Our government has a plan in place for our sons what plan is in place for the illegals? Its a fair question and I have never seen an answer.
The fact is, "illegals" and their children enlist in the military at a rate far higher than that of the general population. Look it up if you don't believe me...

Last edited by RogersParkGuy; 02-20-2013 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: wrong word

Old 02-20-2013, 06:25 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The fact is, "illegals" and their children enlist in the military at a rate far higher than that of the general population. Look it up if you don't believe me...
Actually, you're wrong. Illegal immigrants are not allowed to enlist in our military.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
You participated on a topic a month and a half ago here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...ted-males.html

Your initial information on that thread was wrong. Men (with very few exemptions) of any immigration, physical, and mental status need to register between the ages of 18 to 25. If they have entered the United States after turning 26 years old, they are not required to register for the Selective Service. There are illegal aliens, being aware of the requirement, that do register.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,203,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually, you're wrong. Illegal immigrants are not allowed to enlist in our military.
They are required by federal law to register however if under the age of 26 and MOST dont do it.. I talked to the selective service directly about this. Problem is law or no law no one is enforcing the federal law EXCEPT WHEN IT COMES TO OUR SONS.. I also wonder if the millions of illegals children( males younger than 26) who now are being given drivers licenses are going to be forced to register. After all we now have their names..They shouldn't be able to pick and choose the laws they want to obey.

Last edited by crestliner; 02-20-2013 at 07:59 PM..

Old 02-21-2013, 12:22 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
then isn't this whole thread a mute point? If they are not allow to enlist, why would they need to sign up for Slective service?

Here's an Idea. If we ever get to the point of needing to re-instate the Draft, then we can ask all immigrants to enlist and earn a quicker pathway to citizenship. If they serve Honorably, then that proves they want to be here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration