U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2013, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,870,497 times
Reputation: 27519

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
It's simply not feasible to send them all back. You can't forcibly remove millions of people like that.

What about all the families it would split apart too? What about all the kids born to illegals who have grown up here, have no concept of life in their home country (beyond what their parents and older relatives tell them), and did nothing illegal themselves? Should we really punish them as well?

The ironic thing is the people who are most anti-illegal tend to be the most pro free market, when the reason illegals come is exactly because of market forces.
Free market is not about hiring illegals at lower pay.
That's breaking the law, not "free market".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2013, 03:47 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
It's simply not feasible to send them all back. You can't forcibly remove millions of people like that.

What about all the families it would split apart too? What about all the kids born to illegals who have grown up here, have no concept of life in their home country (beyond what their parents and older relatives tell them), and did nothing illegal themselves? Should we really punish them as well?

The ironic thing is the people who are most anti-illegal tend to be the most pro free market, when the reason illegals come is exactly because of market forces.
For the umpteenth time there is no plan for mass deportations. The solution is to increase border security while deporting illegal immigrants as they are detected internally. Removing the incentives for them to remain here like jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship will cause many to leave on their own. It would also be a deterrant for more to enter.

Why didn't the parents think about separation of families before they came here? They knew that could be a risk coming here illegally and it isn't our problem but theirs for breaking our immigration laws. Many of them left family back in their homelands also. There doesn't have to be a separation of families anyway. The whole family can return to their homeland together.

Their so-called U.S. citizen children if minors should return to their parents homeland with them. It isn't punishing them but not rewarding their parents for breaking our immigration laws. If they wish to return when they become of age then so be it. They don't know their homelands? Really? They aren't taught the language and culture of their parent's homeland by their parents? Families often move to different countries with their kids. Kids adapt.

Most sane people do not include illegal immigration as part of a free market. No, illegals come to take jobs and benefits from our country in violation of our immigration laws. That isn't "free market" by any stretch of the imagination. Our borders aren't "free' to violate no matter what their reason is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 PM
 
2,096 posts, read 3,651,393 times
Reputation: 1213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most sane people do not include illegal immigration as part of a free market. No, illegals come to take jobs and benefits from our country in violation of our immigration laws. That isn't "free market" by any stretch of the imagination. Our borders aren't "free' to violate no matter what their reason is.
A free global economy does not regard borders for corporations, so why should it for people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 04:26 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,711,133 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
A free global economy does not regard borders for corporations, so why should it for people?
You obviously have no idea how the markets work, how corporations enter into other countries, etc. In order for a corporation to enter into a new market (country) they have to be authorized by that govt to enter, they must also abide by that countries laws and tax code.

There is no such thing as a free global economy, there is no such thing as the "free market", it is a theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 04:30 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
A free global economy does not regard borders for corporations, so why should it for people?
Are corporations setting up businesses in other countries without the permission of said country? You're grasping at straws now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Little Pond Farm
559 posts, read 1,179,725 times
Reputation: 495
Makes me wonder if Americans only expressed their views now that amnesty is being considered. The President will go through with his plan because Congress will not make any decision to be safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2013, 11:13 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
It's simply not feasible to send them all back. You can't forcibly remove millions of people like that.

What about all the families it would split apart too? What about all the kids born to illegals who have grown up here, have no concept of life in their home country (beyond what their parents and older relatives tell them), and did nothing illegal themselves? Should we really punish them as well?

The ironic thing is the people who are most anti-illegal tend to be the most pro free market, when the reason illegals come is exactly because of market forces.
Why is it when 1 illegal is in the USA and he has 99 relatives living in his own country, family reunification can ONLY mean bringing all 99 of those relatives here?

Splitting their families was THEIR choice, breaking the laws was THEIR choice. Nothing wrong with the whole clan going back home and being reunited there. Nothing anywhere says that families can only live together in the USA.

If the kids are born here and the families don't want them if they have to return home, then put the kids up for adoption -- they'd be better off without families who would abandon them rather than have to work to support them. If the parents love their children, they should be allowed to take them home with them in the case of minor age children. As far as the adults that were born here, there is no good reason at all to keep their illegal parents here, the US born children can travel to visit them -- just like so many adults travel to visit parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2013, 04:17 AM
 
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
11,920 posts, read 13,245,498 times
Reputation: 12647
Common sense suggests someone who breaks the law should face some sort of punishment. Surely rewarding bad behavior is not an effective way to deter future disruptive behavior. Yet only in America, politicians will trip over themselves in an effort to roll out the red carpet for these boarder crossing bandits. Doesn't matter how deep the country has to go into to support all of these law breakers, after all, your children will be the ones facing the brunt of the burden for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2013, 05:40 AM
 
Location: texas
9,138 posts, read 6,481,610 times
Reputation: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Believe what you want then. I find it hard to believe that the majority of Americans want these people to remain here and retain the jobs that Americans need or to compete for those that are left. I find it hard to believe that Americans want these millions of poor, uneducated and unskilled to remain here and eventually be able to tap into our tax coffers if they aren't already or enjoying the long waits in our ER's and overcrowded conditions in our schools. Something lacks in logic here.
On illegal aliens taking American jobs. You have no way of knowing or any indication that if an illegal alien were not at his job, that the employer would not just hire another illegal worker to take the place of the last. If an employer is employing illegal workers, in his mind, what incentive is there to hiring a legal worker?

Your supposition requires all illegal aliens be removed form the work force. The only way that enough illegal workers can be removed from the workforce is thru deportation en masse.
A) that solution isn't being propose by anyone in political power.
B) in a sampling of the most reliable polling, a majority of the American people dont see wholesale deportation as an viable option.
C)The poll that trumps all others is the polling that took place this past November.

The bottom line is that your views do not refect America today. Comprehensive Immigration Reform is being written in both Houses of Congress. Even the President has a CIR version.

Change is a comin even for those that can't accept it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2013, 06:11 AM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
On illegal aliens taking American jobs. You have no way of knowing or any indication that if an illegal alien were not at his job, that the employer would not just hire another illegal worker to take the place of the last. If an employer is employing illegal workers, in his mind, what incentive is there to hiring a legal worker?

Your supposition requires all illegal aliens be removed form the work force. The only way that enough illegal workers can be removed from the workforce is thru deportation en masse.
A) that solution isn't being propose by anyone in political power.
B) in a sampling of the most reliable polling, a majority of the American people dont see wholesale deportation as an viable option.
C)The poll that trumps all others is the polling that took place this past November.

The bottom line is that your views do not refect America today. Comprehensive Immigration Reform is being written in both Houses of Congress. Even the President has a CIR version.

Change is a comin even for those that can't accept it.
E-verify will stop most employers from hiring future illegal immigrants. It should also include checking the status of every employee already on the payroll.

You're wrong that allowing these millions of illegal immigrants to remain here reflects the sentiments of most Americans. You are taking the caving in of our traitors in congress as representative of mainstream America and they are not. If one accepts allowing them to remain here then they/you are part of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top