Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:35 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Like there would be someone with the Spanish surname "Viajera de la Frontiera"...

I'm glad we agree that the Visa Waiver Program needs to be terminated immediately. Every visitor to the United States needs to have the equivalent of that card, with the same financial criteria and petitioning process. You've identified the primary reason for doing so:

How many of the twenty "9/11 Hijackers" came from Mexican origins or through a Port of Entry on the southern border after all? Criminals can come from any country. What convinced you of that rational stance towards all of the other Port of Entries, borders, and tourists of other nationalities that aren't Hispanic?
The surname wouldn't suprise me since Mexicans seem to have to hypenate with both sides of the family's surnames for some odd reason. I am guessing that the Spanish do also.

Contrary to your assumptions about me I think we need to be wary of entries from either of our borders and ports and have never said otherwise. If you weren't so busy playing the victim card for Hispanics all the time and especially Mexicans you might have learned that. Of course our southern border is so porous that those from known terrorist countries are sneaking right in with "Hispanics" per the FBI Director. They aren't even bothering to come through either border legally like the 9/11 hi-jackers did. By the way, Hispanic isn't a nationality it is a culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 08:57 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The surname wouldn't suprise me since Mexicans seem to have to hypenate with both sides of the family's surnames for some odd reason. I am guessing that the Spanish do also...
The convention is [first name] [middle name] [father's surname] [mother's surname]

When women marry it becomes [first name] [middle name] [father's surname] de [husband's surname from his father]

The woman on the card would literally be named "Felicia Border Traveler" (with a feminine connotation) in English...

Quote:
...Contrary to your assumptions about me I think we need to be wary of entries from either of our borders and ports and have never said otherwise. If you weren't so busy playing the victim card for Hispanics all the time and especially Mexicans you might have learned that...
When have you ever advocated the VWP be shut down with the same errmm, "passion" as your other arguments?...

Quote:
...Of course our southern border is so porous that those from known terrorist countries are sneaking right in with "Hispanics" per the FBI Director. They aren't even bothering to come through either border legally like the 9/11 hi-jackers did...
So how many of those 9/11 Hijackers came through our southern border? Be aware that the "20th Hijacker" was refused entry by a Hispanic CBP Officer. How do we even know what is coming over the less secure border with Canada or our lengthy coastlines?

Quote:
...By the way, Hispanic isn't a nationality it is a culture.
Read it again as I have phrased it...

Old 02-22-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
The convention is [first name] [middle name] [father's surname] [mother's surname]

When women marry it becomes [first name] [middle name] [father's surname] de [husband's surname from his father]

The woman on the card would literally be named "Felicia Border Traveler" (with a feminine connotation) in English...

When have you ever advocated the VWP be shut down with the same errmm, "passion" as your other arguments?...

So how many of those 9/11 Hijackers came through our southern border? Be aware that the "20th Hijacker" was refused entry by a Hispanic CBP Officer. How do we even know what is coming over the less secure border with Canada or our lengthy coastlines?

My point was is I find it strange how Hispanics seem to feel the need to use hypenated surnames. It isn't my culture though so be it.

I haven't gotten involved with any discussions about the VWP in any way so what are you talking about?

No hi-jackers from 9/11 came through our southern border. When did I say otherwise? We don't know what is coming over either border when they come illegally. I already told you that the FBI director said it was our southern border that people from known terrorists countries have come through "illegally".

Here is the phrase you used below. If you weren't implying that Hispanic is a nationality then you should have re-phrased it.

"other nationalities that aren't Hispanic".

Old 02-22-2013, 08:58 AM

281 posts, read 750,645 times
The travel industry wants to open up America so travelers from other countries can visit here as tourists much easier. While this might be good for the travel industry it leads to massive illegal immigration because they will fly here and never go back home.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Man View Post
The travel industry wants to open up America so travelers from other countries can visit here as tourists much easier. While this might be good for the travel industry it leads to massive illegal immigration because they will fly here and never go back home.
That's the problem both with flying here as a tourist and coming here through our borders with some time of visa. Many never return to their homelands. We need a better way of tracking visa overstayers.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
That's the problem both with flying here as a tourist and coming here through our borders with some time of visa. Many never return to their homelands. We need a better way of tracking visa overstayers.
The 37 Visa Waiver Program countries, and those from Bermuda and Canada may not even have a visa...

Old 02-22-2013, 11:31 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
The Border Crossing Card has been updated and combined with the B1 / B2 ("Tourist" and "Business") visas (which were an imprint in the passport before) for Mexican Nationals:

Note this is only for Mexicans, as they are the only nationality qualified for a Border Crossing Card. Card issue typically requires ownership of property or assets in Mexico, and the interviews at U.S. Consulates decline most applicants.

Since the discussion identified "foreign people", there should be little resistance to also putting the same restrictions on Canada and other Visa Waiver Program countries. That will halt most international tourism rather quickly. Keep those bad-intentioned foreigners out!
The Border Crossing Card is a big joke -- a very large number of people use that visa to cross over legally and remain here living here -- and they work here illegally. That is common knowledge in these parts.

About 25% of the population of Ciudad Juarez packed up and moved north of the border. Many of course had the convenient US birth certificates because birth tourism is extremely common along the border but also for a mere $149 they are handed these border crossing card visas and nothing stops them from just staying.

On top of that, there is a thriving business of "rented" border crossing cards in every border town. If someone can't buy one of their own legally for $149, they can go to one of these dealers who will even advise the individual intending to enter to the USA how to change their hair, shave, wear a cap, etc to better match the picture. Once over into the USA, someone retrieves the visas so they can be used over and over and over. Very little is done to stop this fraud.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:

That is the convention in other cultures.

You can quite reliably tell an American of hispanic origins from a foreigner of hispanic origins by the way they do their names.

When you see someone named Vickie Lopez, Joe Hernandez or something on that order, you can safely guess they are likely American. When you encounter someone with a name like Maria de Carmen Amelia Hernandez Lopez de Lopez or Jose Maria Juan Hernandez Lopez then they are foreign.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The Border Crossing Card is a big joke -- a very large number of people use that visa to cross over legally and remain here living here -- and they work here illegally. That is common knowledge in these parts.

About 25% of the population of Ciudad Juarez packed up and moved north of the border. Many of course had the convenient US birth certificates because birth tourism is extremely common along the border but also for a mere $149 they are handed these border crossing card visas and nothing stops them from just staying.

On top of that, there is a thriving business of "rented" border crossing cards in every border town. If someone can't buy one of their own legally for $149, they can go to one of these dealers who will even advise the individual intending to enter to the USA how to change their hair, shave, wear a cap, etc to better match the picture. Once over into the USA, someone retrieves the visas so they can be used over and over and over. Very little is done to stop this fraud.
No, it's nothing more than a common story from you...

Old 02-23-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
The 37 Visa Waiver Program countries, and those from Bermuda and Canada may not even have a visa...
Well since you think that Mexicans are being discriminated against unfairly have you bothered to find out why they aren't a Visa Waiver country before playing the victim card?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration