U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 02:11 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,714,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's because you Christians are all over the place. You guys are the ones guilty of using scripture at your convenience, and discarding it when it does you no good.

As far as Christian behavior goes, you should be laughing. There is a lot there to laugh at.
I get you now, you place the Westboro nuts in with Christians as the same thing. You have an inability to discern the difference between what is normal and what is extreme.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:17 PM

47,314 posts, read 24,684,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
I get you now, you place the Westboro nuts in with Christians as the same thing. You have an inability to discern the difference between what is normal and what is extreme.
Meh...it's all the same to me.

When i see Christians behaving according to their Biblical edicts, then i'll give 'em props. Til then, i'm branding them as a bunch of hypocrites.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:32 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,987,095 times
You don't need to go sending any Christians on a guilt trip here.
Both the Dems and the Repubs will be giving amnesty to 11-20 million illegal immigrants within the next year.
So calm down..you got your way.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:41 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,714,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...it's all the same to me.

When i see Christians behaving according to their Biblical edicts, then i'll give 'em props. Til then, i'm branding them as a bunch of hypocrites.
That's just it, you don't understand the the bible to even compare biblical edicts, yet you think christians are hypocrites based on your ignorance of the bible. Priceless!

Old 02-23-2013, 10:46 PM

17,853 posts, read 11,769,295 times
Quote:
No, many believe that if you are going to quote something out of the bible, you should at the least understand what it is you are quoting and what the meaning and context actually is. Leviticus is in the Old Testament, which is specific for the Jews in Isreal, it has little to do with today's Christians who use the New Testament.
I know what I am quoting. And you will find many "Christians' who use the OT to try to condemn or control others. Just look hpw many times Christians who are ignorant of the Bible quote a verse from Leviticus (or in Hebrew - Vayikra.) out of context when they want to condemn gay people for example. Or Genesis 19.
Quote:
Those of you who have no idea of what you are quoting should actually stay out of the argument all together.
You could take your own advice.

Quote:
You don't have a clue about what you are quoting, if you did you wouldn't have put this in the illegal immigration forum, it would have gone in the religion forum.
I do know what I am quoting. You are making invalid assumptions about why I posted it in this forum.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I agree and treating them as our native born MEANS HOLDING THEM 100% ACCOUNTABLE FOR OBEYING ALL OF OUT LAWS JUST LIKE OUR NATIVE BORN... What say yee esay?
That's a good point. They didn't have the same 'laws' back two or three thousand years ago in Egypt or Canaan, or in 1st century Judea. The people and their cultures were completely different and rather barbaric by 21st century western standards.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
How are "Christians" suppose to behave? The OP's quote has nothing to do with Christians, it has to do with the Jews in Israel. You claiming how Christians should behave is laughable. You not knowing the bible and its books, is priceless.
I guess you don't realise that Leviticus 19 contains the commandments on which the gospel writers claim Christ said several times, that ALL of the Law and Prophets hinged.

You not knowing the Bible or the origins of the '2nd greatest commandment' "love your neighbor as yourself", is priceless.

But hey, how many of those 'Christians' who want to force their interpretations of biblical laws on 21st century America, have ever bothered to read Leviticus 19, let alone the whole Bible.

By the way, I'm not speaking of ALL Christians here. Just those who seem to want a country based on Biblical laws (that they don't even understand).

Old 02-23-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Christians use the old testament in its context, hence a sermon. What you and the OP are attempting to do is claim things you know nothing about, again , priceless.

I'm simply explaining something to you that you fail in comprehending.

NO, what I am doing is showing the ignorance that atheists and sympathizers attempt to use against Christians. The quoting of bible passages completely out of the context they are in, attempting to attribute their own ignorance to claims that make them look, well, ignorant.

Illegals are treated the same as every other person in the US, until they are found to be illegal, then they are held accountable for their crime and in most cases deported. BUT, while they are here they are treated as the native born, just like Leviticus says.

Actually, I only know of the claims you attempt to make, that are laughable at best.
Pure irony.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
What does the bible say about allowing outsiders better care than our own?
Actually, it's mentioned a number of times. One of the first examples was Lot offering up his two virgin daughters to be gang-raped rather than allow strangers who were guests under his roof to be violated by a gang of townsfolk. Genesis 19. There is a similar story in Judges 19 with the Levite stranger. Rape was commonly used to dominate and humiliate male strangers or prisoners of war... by treating them like women.

Last edited by Ceist; 02-24-2013 at 01:01 AM..

Old 02-24-2013, 12:54 AM

Quote:
No, there are plenty of Christians who actually follow Christ's teachings. I have no issue at all with them. The others, who seem to be mainly conservatives and fundamentalists, are the ones I am referring to. They are more like the hypocritical Pharisees that Christ supposedly got angry at, than Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or