Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 11:37 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL...does the OP actually expect Christians to actually apply that faith to their lives?

No chance. They can always find a way around those bible verses while still claiming to be following the Bible to the letter. They're only Christians when it's convenient.
Same can be said for those who don't believe the Bible, but choose to use it to spread world wide agendas.

I'd put a funny face, but it's not so funny!!!

Old 02-23-2013, 11:44 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
True, but many Christians seem to ignore that fact.

You are quoting only a part of parable. If you included the part you left out it shows it's not really relevant (see below).

John 10 6-10
This parable spoke Jesus to them: but they understood not what things they were which he spoke to them. Then said Jesus to them again, Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Interestingly, Jesus follows this with something that may be relevant:

John 10:16 "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd"
Whena Christian does bring someone into their fold they're to be just like the others or to become a Christian. Now how many of you find that offensive that a person would bring a person food and then talk about Jesus. What better way to discuss Jesus then by serving bread, many of you find this to be bribery..... But now it's okay????

By the way do all those illegals we will welcome want to be Christian??? Remember you are using the Bible as your source of people breaking the law and there are requirements to the land.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:52 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Same can be said for those who don't believe the Bible, but choose to use it to spread world wide agendas.

I'd put a funny face, but it's not so funny!!!
When it comes to religion, i can't laugh either. I don't see anything funny about it. It's the scourge of the planet IMO.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:54 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,203,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Leviticus 19:33-34

“‘When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

What say you Christians?
I agree and treating them as our native born MEANS HOLDING THEM 100% ACCOUNTABLE FOR OBEYING ALL OF OUT LAWS JUST LIKE OUR NATIVE BORN... What say yee esay?

Old 02-23-2013, 12:11 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,935 times
Quote:
I'm just laughing at the notion that people expect Christians to behave like Christians are supposed to. I saw through that religious charade a long time ago.
How are "Christians" suppose to behave? The OP's quote has nothing to do with Christians, it has to do with the Jews in Israel. You claiming how Christians should behave is laughable. You not knowing the bible and its books, is priceless.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
How are "Christians" suppose to behave? The OP's quote has nothing to do with Christians, it has to do with the Jews in Israel. You claiming how Christians should behave is laughable. You not knowing the bible and its books, is priceless.
First of all, it would be "priceless" and a lot better for the whole world if NO ONE knew anything about the Bible and its books.

Secondly, damn near every Christian i know has a bible that contains both the Old and New Testaments. Christians quote from the Old Testament all the time...especially when it's convenient. I've been in church during sermons, and half the scriptures quoted come out of the Old Book.

So please, trying to separate Christianity from Judaism when it's convenient is lame. Stop it. It ain't working.

When talking about how we're supposed to be treating illegal immigrants, the OP may have been citing the Old Testament, but he's talking about Christians. So what you're trying to do is throw away the Old Book when it's convenient for the argument and dismiss it as being solely a Jewish book when nothing could be further from the truth. It's a working, living, breathing book for Christians TODAY!!

As to how Christians are supposed to behave, i'm not gonna waste my time. You know damn well what i'm talking about.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:42 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,935 times
Quote:
Secondly, damn near every Christian i know has a bible that contains both the Old and New Testaments. Christians quote from the Old Testament all the time...especially when it's convenient. I've been in church during sermons, and half the scriptures quoted come out of the Old Book.
Christians use the old testament in its context, hence a sermon. What you and the OP are attempting to do is claim things you know nothing about, again , priceless.

Quote:
So please, trying to separate Christianity from Judaism when it's convenient is lame. Stop it. It ain't working.
I'm simply explaining something to you that you fail in comprehending.

Quote:
When talking about how we're supposed to be treating illegal immigrants, the OP may have been citing the Old Testament, but he's talking about Christians. So what you're trying to do is throw away the Old Book when it's convenient for the argument and dismiss it as being solely a Jewish book when nothing could be further from the truth. It's a working, living, breathing book for Christians TODAY!!
NO, what I am doing is showing the ignorance that atheists and sympathizers attempt to use against Christians. The quoting of bible passages completely out of the context they are in, attempting to attribute their own ignorance to claims that make them look, well, ignorant.

Illegals are treated the same as every other person in the US, until they are found to be illegal, then they are held accountable for their crime and in most cases deported. BUT, while they are here they are treated as the native born, just like Leviticus says.

Quote:
As to how Christians are supposed to behave, i'm not gonna waste my time. You know damn well what i'm talking about.
Actually, I only know of the claims you attempt to make, that are laughable at best.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:51 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,345,812 times
We treat illegals in our hospitals and they never have to pay!
This is fact.
We mistreat our own people bc if lack of resources have to bill them for care they receive. What does the bible say about allowing outsiders better care than our own?

Old 02-23-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Christians use the old testament in its context, hence a sermon. What you and the OP are attempting to do is claim things you know nothing about, again , priceless.

I'm simply explaining something to you that you fail in comprehending.

NO, what I am doing is showing the ignorance that atheists and sympathizers attempt to use against Christians. The quoting of bible passages completely out of the context they are in, attempting to attribute their own ignorance to claims that make them look, well, ignorant.

Illegals are treated the same as every other person in the US, until they are found to be illegal, then they are held accountable for their crime and in most cases deported. BUT, while they are here they are treated as the native born, just like Leviticus says.

Actually, I only know of the claims you attempt to make, that are laughable at best.
That's because you Christians are all over the place. You guys are the ones guilty of using scripture at your convenience, and discarding it when it does you no good.

As far as Christian behavior goes, you should be laughing. There is a lot there to laugh at.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:56 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,345,812 times
I think Catholic, aall denomination Charities need to be relied on and donated to to help our own, Obama administration has been coping away at them too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration