U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 05:26 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Amazing! Just stay in your bubble.
You are either oblivious to life or you have smoked so much pot your brain is scrambled.

As I thought, no ability to prove any of your inane claims.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:00 PM

5,740 posts, read 5,656,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Interesting the claim that the right can't think for themselves and that they have to rely on Fox News to form their opinions. Should we also assume the same of the left who listens to leftist new's programs?

Aside from that members of both parties have hurt the American worker either through outsourcing or being pro-illegal immigration and granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants with 23 million Americans out of work. The latter Obama and the Democrats are the most guilty of. How about discussing that which is the topic of this forum?
Conservative propaganda media, started by Limbaugh, and picked up later by Fox, had a 30-year head start on "leftist" media, which came along later to expose the lies. That is its function today. I heard Limbaugh 35 years ago and immediately knew he was the voice of some shady faction - a shill speaking for what turned out to be wealthy oligarchs. Funny that you don't seem to recognize this.
Members of both parties? YES, all conservatives! Repubs and blue dogs - all the people who bought into trickle-down economics. It's time to pull the plug, but congressional repugs won't allow it.
On illegals and jobs:
Again, you gloss over the republican outsourcing business model, and a republican congress which filibusters jobs bills, yet you come back time after time with the same old script.
Again you ignore the fact that republicans did nothing about the issue when they had total control of government, and instead you blame Obama. You do know about Congress, right??
Again you indulge in Obama-blame when his suggested "amnesty" program is not even in effect AND you offer no solution of your own. So typical of some right-winger with an agenda.
Democrats to blame - right....
http://theiowarepublican.com/2013/gr...sident-reagan/
Fact Check: Obama’s Reprieve for Illegal Immigrants - ABC News

PolitiFact | Jim DeMint and other Republicans say Obama immigration plan is amnesty

Here's an opinion from an admitted conservative website which I run across consistently.
5 Reasons to Grant Amnesty to Illegal Immigrants - Reason.com

Last edited by detwahDJ; 03-04-2013 at 06:10 PM..

Old 03-04-2013, 06:14 PM

5,740 posts, read 5,656,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You are either oblivious to life or you have smoked so much pot your brain is scrambled.
As I thought, no ability to prove any of your inane claims.
And another typically vacuous response from a jerk-around. Why not honor the spirit of the forum instead of wasting space with such inanity?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Conservative propaganda media, started by Limbaugh, and picked up later by Fox, had a 30-year head start on "leftist" media, which came along later to expose the lies. That is its function today. I heard Limbaugh 35 years ago and immediately knew he was the voice of some shady faction - a shill speaking for what turned out to be wealthy oligarchs. Funny that you don't seem to recognize this.
Members of both parties? YES, all conservatives! Repubs and blue dogs - all the people who bought into trickle-down economics. It's time to pull the plug, but congressional repugs won't allow it.
On illegals and jobs:
Again, you gloss over the republican outsourcing business model, and a republican congress which filibusters jobs bills, yet you come back time after time with the same old script.
Again you ignore the fact that republicans did nothing about the issue when they had total control of government, and instead you blame Obama. You do know about Congress, right??
Again you indulge in Obama-blame when his suggested "amnesty" program is not even in effect AND you offer no solution of your own. So typical of some right-winger with an agenda.
Grassley: Lessons Learned from the 1986 amnesty under President Reagan | The Iowa Republican

PolitiFact | Jim DeMint and other Republicans say Obama immigration plan is amnesty

Here's an opinion from an admitted conservative website which I run across consistently.
Reason Magazine/website is a Liberatrian web site, not a Conservative website.

Do you actually read your links?

republicans did nothing about the issue when they had total control of government, and instead you blame Obama. I can swear GW pushed CIR and it was thwarted by many (D's). Look another of your claims shown to be ignorance.

you indulge in Obama-blame when his suggested "amnesty" program is not even in effect Then what exactly is DACA? Looks to be in effect.

you offer no solution of your own.
I have to laugh at this, WAFM.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
And another typically vacuous response from a jerk-around. Why not honor the spirit of the forum instead of wasting space with such inanity?
Jerk-around? Dude, you've been given questions in everyone of my comments that you don't answer, instead you simply divert to another Progressive talking point from Media Matters and Think Progress. Your claims have been shown to be your ignorance at every turn, yet you still attempt to act as if you are right? Talk about being oblivious. Nothing you have stated in your comments is actually factual.

Thanks for playing.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:05 PM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
On illegals and jobs:
Grassley: Lessons Learned from the 1986 amnesty under President Reagan | The Iowa Republican

Again, what makes you think that most conservatives can't form their own opinions and views without the help of Fox, etc? You didn't answer that question. As I said, shall we assume that the left forms all their views from leftist programs also then? Again, no answer from you.

Amnesty was proposed a few years ago and the Republicans are the ones who stopped it. You were saying? At least they learned from the 1986 amnesty mistake.

Right wing with an agenda? Just what agenda do I have other than wanting illegal immigration ended and for our jobs to return to our shores also? I have offered my solution to ending illegal immigration in here numerous times but I will repeat them once again just for you....e-verify (ending the job magnet) ending benefits, continued enforcement and ending birthright citizenship. This will encourage many to leave and will be a deterrant to coming here.

I did not gloss over outsourcing. I said that both outsourcing and illegal immigration are hurting American jobs prospects regardless of which party are pushing those things. I see, since Obama hasn't been able to implement his amnesty yet since his new term just started then we shouldn't object to the fact that his adamantly persuing it?

I am well aware of the turncoats in the GOP of late on the amnesty issue and I am ashamed of them. Fortunately, we still have some sane GOPers in congress who will still put this country first over illegal immigration lawbreakers and some senseless amnesty for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration