U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 04:38 PM

11,920 posts, read 13,249,168 times

Advertisements

Ok, so the dems are warning us that if republicans force these spending cuts to take place, our boarders may be compromised. So my question is, how much worse could they be? The area I live in has been overrun with illegals. They don't seem to have any problem making is this far north, in fact, they flock here. I have never went to a fast food restaurant where I work that isn't being workers by a Spanish speaking crew. The production plants I visit employ 80%-90% illegal immigrants. My dad workers as a commercial refrigeration technician in Michigan. Whenever he services these units, the restaurants are all filled with illegals washing dishes and such. They didn't get here on accident.

Our boarders are secure??? Coulda fooled me. In fact, I believe weaker boarders are exactly what the democrats want. You know, to bolster their voting bloc.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:31 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Ok, so the dems are warning us that if republicans force these spending cuts to take place, our boarders may be compromised. So my question is, how much worse could they be? The area I live in has been overrun with illegals. They don't seem to have any problem making is this far north, in fact, they flock here. I have never went to a fast food restaurant where I work that isn't being workers by a Spanish speaking crew. The production plants I visit employ 80%-90% illegal immigrants. My dad workers as a commercial refrigeration technician in Michigan. Whenever he services these units, the restaurants are all filled with illegals washing dishes and such. They didn't get here on accident.

Our boarders are secure??? Coulda fooled me. In fact, I believe weaker boarders are exactly what the democrats want. You know, to bolster their voting bloc.
The sequester will only furlough agents 1-4 days per month, from what I understand. It will have very little effect overall.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:01 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
What a threat, the borders are very weak already, they can't get all that much weaker.

How about cutting food stamps and free health care to illegals? Start fining the employers of them -- maybe $50,000 per illegal to get some revenue for the government.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 PM

5,740 posts, read 5,655,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post

You haven't shown how you or your dad know that these are illegals. You need to do that if you want credibility for your claims.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:09 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
I am sick to DEATH of people trying to make this into a partisan issue when we have high-ranking Republicans rolling over and pandering to La Raza just to secure the Hispanic vote.

THIS liberal is AGAINST illegal immigration.

Stop making stupid assumptions. It's insulting.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:03 PM

They're just admitting what those of us living near the border have known all along. There is no border security. Really none at all.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
You haven't shown how you or your dad know that these are illegals. You need to do that if you want credibility for your claims.
Guess what -- there have been hispanic Americans mostly living in the southwest portion of the USA and Florida for many decades but they did not relocate enmasse to Michigan, Chicago and other northern regions. Americans with hispanic ethnicty do not have relocation patterns any different than other Americans and they have not been pouring by the many thousand into states like Michigan.

The sudden appearance of many thousands of Spanish speakers who cannot speak a word of English in states like Michigan is all about very massive immigration.

And you wouldn't be seeing thousands of "immigrants" out marching and demanding drivers licenses and amnesty if they were here legally.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:14 AM

5,740 posts, read 5,655,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Guess what -- there have been hispanic Americans mostly living in the southwest portion of the USA and Florida for many decades but they did not relocate enmasse to Michigan, Chicago and other northern regions. Americans with hispanic ethnicty do not have relocation patterns any different than other Americans and they have not been pouring by the many thousand into states like Michigan.

The sudden appearance of many thousands of Spanish speakers who cannot speak a word of English in states like Michigan is all about very massive immigration.

And you wouldn't be seeing thousands of "immigrants" out marching and demanding drivers licenses and amnesty if they were here legally.
Read the previous posts. I never said that there aren't illegal aliens in the U.S.
The OP said the plants he visits employs 80-90% illegals. It may be true, but I want to know how he knows this or is it an assumption. Sounds like a broadbrush to me.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:25 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Well I can see them saying they will pull all the agents from the southern border and leave the northern border untouched.

They want you to panic.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:38 AM

16,744 posts, read 9,472,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Yeah and while you're at it; at least make some attempt to differentiate between the singular "border" and the word "borders" unless of course you can show a link to you being over-run by illegal Canadians who want to give up their universal health care and minimum wage laws to work for nothing cutting your lawns, washing your dishes and cleaning your pools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration