U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 07:39 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,269,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Let's not turn this into yet another political party argument, shall we? I am merely stating my own personal views regardless that I am a conservative in many ways. If you want to argue about hurting the American worker what about Obama and the Democrats wanting to amnesty millions of illegal immigrants to compete for jobs against Americans which is the topic of this forum?
How is this issue anything but politics, unless you believe it'll magically fix itself (kinda like Romney's idea of ''self-deportation'')?! And if you care so much about ''the American worker'', then how can you look the other way re: conservative union- (and wage-) busting, along with the GOP's repeated opposition to anti-outsourcing bills? Even deporting every single ''illegal'' in the country ain't gonna do much good, if most of our jobs end up offshore, and the few remaining ones are only paying 3rd World wages!

Come to think of it, what have your conservative friends done at all to fix immigration (let alone help the American worker)?

Senate GOP blocks anti-outsourcing bill

GOP Threatening Middle Class Through Anti-Union Bills

Deportation Hits Another Record Under Obama Administration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 07:52 PM

31,487 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
How is this issue anything but politics, unless you believe it'll magically fix itself (kinda like Romney's idea of ''self-deportation'')?! And if you care so much about ''the American worker'', then how can you look the other way re: conservative union- (and wage-) busting, along with the GOP's repeated opposition to anti-outsourcing bills? Come to think of it, what have your conservative friends done at all to fix immigration (let alone help the American worker)?

Even deporting every single ''illegal'' in the country ain't gonna do much good, if most of our jobs end up offshore, and the few remaining ones are only paying 3rd World wages!

Senate GOP blocks anti-outsourcing bill - UPI.com

GOP Threatening Middle Class Through Anti-Union Bills

Deportation Hits Another Record Under Obama Administration
Where did I say I was looking the other way? I don't agree with everything the GOP advocates for. I can't speak for others but I am very active in ending illegal immigration and also ending outsourcing and anything else that hurts the American worker. You know not what you think you do. What have your leftist, liberal friends done to end illegal immigration? Both parties are guilty in one way or another. Pot, kettle, black!

Fixing immigration? Immigration doesn't need fixing but our laws need to be enforced against illegal immigrants. How do you know that self-deportation wouldn't occur if the jobs, benefits and birthright ciitzenship were ended? We've never tried it and and afterall we are told that they are only here to improve their lives. If they don't have any of the above incentives to keep them here then why wouldn't they self-deport? Would you rather see them all rounded up instead?

A lot of jobs can't be outsourced so you are spouting nonsense by claiming that if illegal immigrants left that wouldn't free up a lot of jobs for Americans. Since when is construction, landscaping, etc. akin to third world wages?

As for your link claiming that Obama has a high deportation rate that has been debunked in here numerous times. Now he won't even allow any illegal immigrants to be deported unless they have a felony conviction on their record.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,269,291 times
Well, since you're always so busy attacking Obama re: his solutions to the ''non-political'' issue of immigration, I'm still waiting to hear all the swell things your conservative friends in Congress have been doing about the problem (besides just talking about it, even as they continue savaging labor & enabling their corporate buddies)?

Although if, like Romney, you still believe in ''self-deportation''... then no worries and just say no more (though I do have a great deal on a bridge you might be interested in ...LOL)?!!

Old 02-26-2013, 08:43 PM

31,487 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Well, since you're always so busy attacking Obama re: his solutions to the ''non-political'' issue of immigration, I'm still waiting to hear all the swell things your conservative friends in Congress have been doing about the problem (besides just talking about it, even as they continue savaging labor & enabling their corporate buddies)?

Although if, like Romney, you still believe in ''self-deportation''... then no worries and just say no more (though I do have a great deal on a bridge you might be interested in ...LOL)?!!
Why not attack bad policies? They are what they are. Our sovereign borders and national security are not political issues? An invasion by illegal foreigners taking jobs and benefits from Americans and our country going bankrupt are not political issues? Really? My conservative friends? Again, you don't know what you are talking about. The way some of the GOP in congress are caving into the ethnocentric Hispanic voting bloc of late actually makes me ill. However, most in the past have always advocated for the enforcement of our immigration laws and no amnesty. Bush would be the exception and I never voted for him anyway.

Corporate buddies? Both parties have their corporate buddies. Why would you find self-deportation funny? Are you saying that illegal immigrants would remain here without jobs or benefits? Then what are they doing here if not for those things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration