Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 11:39 AM

1,058 posts, read 3,487,555 times

Advertisements

I would like to hear other people's views about this important issue. Below I listed some basic facts pertaining to population growth and diversity. Rapid population growth and increasing diversity are directly caused by immigration. How do other Americans feel about what is happening to America?

Rapid Population Growth
In 1967 there were 200 million Americans. Today in 2007 there are close to 303 million Americans. The US population grew by over 50% or by 103 million people in just 40 years. The United States grows by another 3 million to 3.5 million people a year mostly due to legal and illegal immigration and births to immigrants each year. According to some estimates the population will grow to 312 million by 2010, 345 million by 2020, 380 by 2030, 415 by 2040 and as much as 440 by 2047.

Some Questions to think about:
How will rapid population growth effect the environment?
How will rapid population growth effect our quality of life?
How will rapid population growth effect our democratic system of government?
Do you want rapid rapid population growth?

Diversity in America
In 1967 the United States was about 86% non-Hispanic White, 11% Black, maybe 2% Hispanic, and the remaining 1% Asian and Native-American. Today in 2007 America is much more diverse. Non-HispanicWhites have fallen to 65%, Hispanics are 15%, African-Americans are 13%, Asians are 5%, and 2% are other/mixed-race. If current trends in immigration and births continue the United States will be even more diverse in the future. Below are some best estimates:

By 2020: Whites will be 57%, Hispanics 20%, African-Americans 14%, Asians 5.5% and all others 3.5%

By 2030: Whites will be 54% , Hispanics 22%, African-Americans 14%, Asians 6% and all others 4%

And 40 years in the future from this point in time America will look like this in
2047: Whites will be 47%, Hispanics 25%, African-Americans 15%, Asians 8% and all other races 5%

Questions to think about:
What will the effect of diversity have on how we view ourselves as Americans?
What effects will increasing diversity have on national unity?
Will diversity cause more racial antagonism or less?
How will increasing diversity effect our democratic institutions?
How will increasing diversity effect our economic competativeness?
How will diversity effect our society?
Do you want more diversity?

Old 09-01-2007, 12:21 PM

110 posts, read 355,756 times
the answers to your questions on diversity can be found by taking a trip to any established successful racially-mixed society: Brazil, South Africa, Columbia, India, Egypt, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic...

the physical and social empirical evidence is there for you study.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:31 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
The "demographic" transformation hysteria is overblown, in my opinion.

There are actually only a couple of sub-groups of "Hispanics" that have the potential to cause problems politically, and that is a large percent of Mexican and Central Americans who resist assimilation.

The rest of the group encompassing "Hispanic" are too diverse in race and ethnicity and origin to lump together and go, "oh my god! whites are disappearing!" Argentinians, Venezuelans, and a majority of the Cubans here in the US today are direct Spanish (from Spain) and other European descended, with white skin, light eyes, etc.)

If you consider Mediterranean peoples such as "Italians" and "Spaniards" and "Greeks" as "whites" in your list of "white population percent," then there's no reason for you to NOT include a white Argentinian in your equation. In 2000, about 47% of "Hispanics" identified themselves as "white Hispanic."
White Hispanic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Similarly, there are many "Hispanics" that are for all intents and purposes, black. Dominicans and many Puerto Ricans are an example. Many many more are simply very mixed blood.

If you break Hispanics into the racial categories they TRULY belong to, I think that you will see white majority becoming a minority racial hysteria is overblown. Within a generation or two, the descendants of "Hispanics," no matter what their race, WILL assimilate, so long as we don't acommodate anti-assimilative behavior.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:53 PM

549 posts, read 625,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
My neighbor across the street bought a home at the samer time I did. They are not here legally, do not speak english. I know this because I speak spanish and gave them an american flag to replace the mexican one they put on their porch.
For three years he doesn't work, just sits and stares at my house. He has 9 'relatives' living with him in a 2 bedroom house...they do not work....they go to emergency room for toothaches...the 13 yr old drives their car because "it's ok in Mexico". Their 20 yr old son just arrived from Mexico with his 14 yr old pregnant wife.
I've called immigration and the police and told "not a priority".

I'll lose 15k when I sell my house due to the neighborhood going to illegals...
it will be worth it to get away from these people.

How many times are you going to cut-and-paste the same thing over and over again?

Well, let me tell you my story: I used to live next door to a group of ignorant xenophobes who wanted to kick all Mexicans out. They had 2 dirty pick-up trucks, both with Confederate flag stickers and ALL of them were unemployed, high on crystal meth all the time, and complained there were no more jobs--that the illegals were taking all the work--despite the fact that the local farms were always looking for manual labor and fruit-pickers. They always drink and drive because "its okay since George W Bush and Dick Cheney do it so why can't we?". I once asked them why they were so lazy, why they didn't want to work in those "dirty immigrant jobs" and their response was "WHITE POWER! Whites are disspearing in this country! Heil Hitler!" They then hired an illegal to mow their lawn.

See? I can post BS stories that play on stereotypes just to make a political point, too. My next step is to copy-and-paste this little story over and over again all over the forums.

Old 09-01-2007, 03:13 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
if we keep not exporting these thugging hispanic illegals we are in BIG trouble.

I'm okay with diversity as long as it is in check and the diverse folks are educated and well-to-do.

Old 09-01-2007, 03:23 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,522,118 times
Quote:
2047: Whites will be 47%, Hispanics 25%, African-Americans 15%, Asians 8% and all other races 5%

And what should the correct proportions be? 100% white?

Old 09-01-2007, 03:27 PM

110 posts, read 355,756 times
99% mullato with a 1% Asian ruling class

Old 09-01-2007, 03:29 PM

149 posts, read 548,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
Well, let me tell you my story: I used to live next door to a group of ignorant xenophobes who wanted to kick all Mexicans out. They had 2 dirty pick-up trucks, both with Confederate flag stickers and ALL of them were unemployed, ........ I once asked them why they were so lazy, why they didn't want to work in those "dirty immigrant jobs" and their response was "WHITE POWER! Whites are disspearing in this country! Heil Hitler!" They then hired an illegal to mow their lawn.
WOW, I had no idea that you used to live here in North Carolina. We must have lived close to each other since I recall those exact same fools. What ever happened to them anyway? Jail? Rehab? Dead? Whatever it was it is better than having them for neighbors.

Last edited by poster; 09-01-2007 at 03:38 PM..

Old 09-01-2007, 03:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Cool demographics

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
I would like to hear other people's views about this important issue. Below I listed some basic facts pertaining to population growth and diversity. Rapid population growth and increasing diversity are directly caused by immigration. How do other Americans feel about what is happening to America?

Rapid Population Growth
In 1967 there were 200 million Americans. Today in 2007 there are close to 303 million Americans. The US population grew by over 50% or by 103 million people in just 40 years. The United States grows by another 3 million to 3.5 million people a year mostly due to legal and illegal immigration and births to immigrants each year. According to some estimates the population will grow to 312 million by 2010, 345 million by 2020, 380 by 2030, 415 by 2040 and as much as 440 by 2047.

Some Questions to think about:
How will rapid population growth effect the environment?
How will rapid population growth effect our quality of life?
How will rapid population growth effect our democratic system of government?
Do you want rapid rapid population growth?

Diversity in America
In 1967 the United States was about 86% non-Hispanic White, 11% Black, maybe 2% Hispanic, and the remaining 1% Asian and Native-American. Today in 2007 America is much more diverse. Non-HispanicWhites have fallen to 65%, Hispanics are 15%, African-Americans are 13%, Asians are 5%, and 2% are other/mixed-race. If current trends in immigration and births continue the United States will be even more diverse in the future. Below are some best estimates:

By 2020: Whites will be 57%, Hispanics 20%, African-Americans 14%, Asians 5.5% and all others 3.5%

By 2030: Whites will be 54% , Hispanics 22%, African-Americans 14%, Asians 6% and all others 4%

And 40 years in the future from this point in time America will look like this in

Questions to think about:
What will the effect of diversity have on how we view ourselves as Americans?
What effects will increasing diversity have on national unity?
Will diversity cause more racial antagonism or less?
How will increasing diversity effect our democratic institutions?
How will increasing diversity effect our economic competativeness?
How will diversity effect our society?
Do you want more diversity?
racial stuff can be misleading because it does not take into account population density. but it would be safe to say we are seeing rapid displacement of afroamerican population in urban areas by latin people.
enormous in s. Los Angeles in last 10 years alone. a 60% flip from black to latin in just 10 years.
in many parts of the urban usa, what were traditional "black" areas are rapidly changing. section 8 clients are rapidly changing.
we are also seeing a big return to the south of poor black people.
many have family roots in the south and this would make sense.
black population from the last census went from 14 percent to 12 (or 11??)
latin went form 12 to 14 percent.
big changes.
stephen s
san diego

Old 09-01-2007, 03:48 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
How many times are you going to cut-and-paste the same thing over and over again?

Well, let me tell you my story: I used to live next door to a group of ignorant xenophobes who wanted to kick all Mexicans out. They had 2 dirty pick-up trucks, both with Confederate flag stickers and ALL of them were unemployed, high on crystal meth all the time, and complained there were no more jobs--that the illegals were taking all the work--despite the fact that the local farms were always looking for manual labor and fruit-pickers. They always drink and drive because "its okay since George W Bush and Dick Cheney do it so why can't we?". I once asked them why they were so lazy, why they didn't want to work in those "dirty immigrant jobs" and their response was "WHITE POWER! Whites are disspearing in this country! Heil Hitler!" They then hired an illegal to mow their lawn.

See? I can post BS stories that play on stereotypes just to make a political point, too. My next step is to copy-and-paste this little story over and over again all over the forums.
It is painfully obvious this is total fiction. They never would have hired an illegal to mow their lawn because it would have been covered with old appliances and cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration