U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:27 PM

17 posts, read 36,183 times

Advertisements

I moved to the US from Australia (legally), when I arrived I was not allowed to work - so I didn't. I couldn't open a bank account - so I didn't.
I couldn't get a drivers licence - so I didn't drive. Initally it was not easy but then again no one said it would be.
It would have been much easier to just drive anyway without insurance, get a fake social and open an account and get a job that paid cash in hand. Or maybe just pop out a kid and use that as an excuse to get a free ride without worrying about how I was going to be able to raise it.
Yet illegals do this on a daily basis like it's an entitlement!
The complete lack of integrity these people show is reason enough they should be sent packing.
These are merely my observations from living in Phoenix.

I'm with America in saying 'Adios' to illegals!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 05:28 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,975,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZaussie View Post
I moved to the US from Australia (legally), when I arrived I was not allowed to work - so I didn't. I couldn't open a bank account - so I didn't.
I couldn't get a drivers licence - so I didn't drive. Initally it was not easy but then again no one said it would be.
It would have been much easier to just drive anyway without insurance, get a fake social and open an account and get a job that paid cash in hand. Or maybe just pop out a kid and use that as an excuse to get a free ride without worrying about how I was going to be able to raise it.
The complete lack of integrity these people show is reason enough they should be sent packing.

Welcome to America!

I like the way you think.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:14 PM

457 posts, read 302,328 times
Quote:

Welcome to America! I applaud your desire to actually be a functioning member of our society. It's folks like yourself and my ancesters that have made and continue to make America what it is today.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:18 PM
AT9

691 posts, read 1,007,304 times
Welcome to the U.S.!!! I completely agree with you.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:26 PM

447 posts, read 706,248 times
Quote:

i havent been on this forum long, but like what i read, for the most part...
when i read your thread, i had to applaud you...you are a shining example of what we expect from an immigrant.
welcome to america...can you feel me hugging you?
thanks for the support, more immigrants should speak out like you have.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Welcome to the USA and I feel we are lucky to have gained someone such as yourself.
My wife is from Thailand and like you couldn't get a drivers licence, be added to my bank accounts for 6 months... But we did it by the numbers, we didnt cheat.
Now she works, drives, and has her own savings account..
Like you she feels insulted by the illegals and what they demand.
I honestly hope that your life in the USA is all that you dreamed it would be.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:53 PM

23,006 posts, read 31,965,939 times
Quote:

thank you. A legal immigrants who knows and respects the process of getting legal and sees that illegals are taking legals and americans to the cleaners.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:31 PM

402 posts, read 938,447 times
A true immigrant!! I never think of illegals as immigrants. I've not been on this forum very long, I salute you and your values. I know there are many of you out there and you are welcomed. Illegals, that is a whole other story.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:02 AM

3,162 posts, read 10,298,722 times
AZaussie:

Very interesting post indeed, could you share with us the entire process you had to go through to legally immigrate to America, the more details you can give us the better.

Maybe some people will think it better and decide to follow your example

Love and Light

Old 10-24-2007, 09:39 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,788,600 times
Yes and translate it into Spanish so that we can pass out the flyers to others.

Welcome to the Good 'Ol USA - now you can teach us how to drink beer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration