U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:10 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times

Advertisements

I thought it would be interesting to know your opinions.

is it poverty?
mexican government corruption?
american government corruption?
coorporate corruption?
social infrastructure that lets them thrive?
a strong habit created by generations of people doing it?
the fact is relatively easy to do it?
the desire for a better life?

all of the above?

something else?

for what i've learnt here everybody is concerned by this problem so I thought that maybe if the causes were known it'd be easy to find a solution.

Love and Light
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 06:35 PM

13,755 posts, read 23,217,198 times
My assumptions are poverty in Mexico and businesses in the USA who have been able to get away with hiring labor at a cheaper per hour rate than they would have to pay a US citizen.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:42 PM

447 posts, read 705,921 times
the causes of illegal immigration are probably all of what you have said.
but there are more illegals out there than just mexicans...i'm sure there are others from countries all over the world...some came her on tourist visas, and student visas and "overstayed" their paperwork.
some like the men who forced 9-11 on the world were here exactly that way.
some people just want to come here and dont want to wait,though.
they feel they shouldnt have to wait, and like taking cuts in line at a bank or a fast food place, it is wrong.plain unfair for the people who have followed the rules.
the reason there is an immigration law is so there is not mass overpopulation...so only a number of immigrants are allowed into the u.s in a given year.
imagine mexico as it is now, and then picture her with 20+ million people immigrating enmass....the structure of the nation would take a blow...the people who live there would consider this invasion a war....there would be panic, and anger.
much like america is facing right now.

it would be great if everyone could live as one...it would be great if the lion could lay down with the lamb...but the fact is, there have always been borders, and even in a world full of love,there will always be laws to follow.
we cannot pick and choose which ones we want to follow,we have to follow them all ,even if the need is warranted in some cases.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
imagine mexico as it is now, and then picture her with 20+ million people immigrating enmass....the structure of the nation would take a blow...the people who live there would consider this invasion a war....there would be panic, and anger.
much like america is facing right now.

it would be great if everyone could live as one...it would be great if the lion could lay down with the lamb...but the fact is, there have always been borders, and even in a world full of love,there will always be laws to follow.
we cannot pick and choose which ones we want to follow,we have to follow them all ,even if the need is warranted in some cases.
I understand your concern vivski and I share it as your neighboor and friend, that's the reason I started this thread.

Also about the other posts, I know that right now we aren't ready for a society where everybody could just move, work and live everywhere in the world, but I post them because sometimes I feel that there is too much hate here, although most people are just worried and rightfully angry, but hate does bad things to people because it consumes their souls and blinds their judgement to find solutions, that energy also attracts what is hated so instead of contributing to the solution it just makes it worse.

that's why sometimes I want people also to smile, to have faith and hope for a better future, where this immigration problem won't exist anymore.

A possible spiritual solution to the problem:

If people fight this war with love and faith asking God for guidance and praying for the countries who send their immigrants to improve i'm sure it'll be much more effective than anything in the world.

the same with the terrorists, we should pray that the divine love of God awakens in their hearts and in the hearts of all those people who think that war and violence are the only way.

All the best in recovering America and making it better than ever!!

Love and Light!

Last edited by Travelling fella; 10-23-2007 at 07:16 PM..

Old 10-23-2007, 07:37 PM

383 posts, read 1,020,759 times
Many of what you said, Travelling Fella, are reasons why illegals flock to America.

And those reasons are precisely why these illegals from their origin countries should work to improve their own countries. Why should they be forced to leave their land to come here? It is unfortunate for all involved.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:46 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
Many of what you said, Travelling Fella, are reasons why illegals flock to America.

And those reasons are precisely why these illegals from their origin countries should work to improve their own countries. Why should they be forced to leave their land to come here? It is unfortunate for all involved.
Jak once again you are the voice of reason.
another cause is the fact that few are actually held accountable for the immigration laws they violate. Word travels fast. Go to the USA worst that can happen is they might send you back.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:09 PM

447 posts, read 705,921 times
travelling fella....
i quote you respectfully, "I understand your concern vivski and I share it as your neighboor and friend, that's the reason I started this thread.

Also about the other posts, I know that right now we aren't ready for a society where everybody could just move, work and live everywhere in the world, but I post them because sometimes I feel that there is too much hate here,"

i think what you are defining as hatred is really anger.
americans are angry that our politicians arent listening to them.
they are angry that the constitution, the bill of rights , the declaration of independence, and the oathe of office arent adding up to the paper they were written on.
this is not hate...this is frustration

Old 10-23-2007, 09:16 PM

18,696 posts, read 35,415,173 times
If I had one thing to choose from, I'd have to say it's Gov and local corruption. It ties in all the others.

Because of the way the Gov is controlling things, they are keeping the common man down. Not letting him excell in anything he does. Because of this, he goes North to gain a better foothold in life.

In Mexico, he will never work his way up and become stable so that he can plan for retirement. His current retirement is when he's too old to work, his kids take care of him, or he simply dies.

If he goes North, there is a chance for some wealth (not rich) but stability. Think about it. He leaves his family behind and trys to make a better life for them.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:41 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
The real cause of illegal immigration is the US is our government refusing to enforce our laws. I realize that it's not the best economic or best job market south of the border, but just because someone wants something that someone else has doesn't mean they have the right to reach out and just take it. Laws are there for a reason. And the ONLY reason illegals are here is because our laws aren't being enforced. And that's valid for not only the poor illiterate illegal aliens but for the ones that came over and overstayed their visas as well.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
travelling fella....
i think what you are defining as hatred is really anger.
americans are angry that our politicians arent listening to them.
they are angry that the constitution, the bill of rights , the declaration of independence, and the oathe of office arent adding up to the paper they were written on.
this is not hate...this is frustration
True, you are very right now that I'm reflecting in your post, I guess americans should be making themselves the following questions right now.

Why has our government forsaken us?

Why it appears they've put America in self destruct mode? (and I'm not just talking about illegals, but let's stick to that because we are in the immigraton forum)

Really for what you tell me sometimes I think the government wants more and more illegals, they do whatever is in their hands to discourage legal immigration and encourage illegal and they are playing double standards, I might be wrong and I hope no one feels ofended for what i'm saying but it's the impresion I'm having for what I read here.

It would be very interesting to know your thoughts.

Respect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or