U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-27-2013, 09:33 AM
 
Location: a nation with hope
13,155 posts, read 16,871,109 times
Reputation: 5009

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What incites more panic in people..a desk jockey loses his job or the jailers set criminals free to roam among the public ?

The government isn't stupid. They know what buttons to push and they are pushing them hard.
You're right, and if people don't see by this that our current administration doesn't have the country's -- that means OUR -- best interest as a priority, then they are truly blind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-27-2013, 10:52 AM
 
16,739 posts, read 9,468,766 times
Reputation: 12136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Figures. Obama has always had it in for Arizona ever since they implemented sb1070 against his wishes. I guess it's revenge time.
This is a terrible shame on his administration. I've witnessed first hand the very negative effects this has had over time in the State of Arizona.

These people have no respect for the rule of law because it doesn't exist within their home country. Graft and corruption is the way of life for them and they simply do not respect any form government imposed law enforcement. Their lives are centered around how they can exist outside of any government intervention. That does not change because they cross a fence or ditch full of water.

When one form of proposed legislation was due to be enacted that would require all employers to E-verify and for them to carry identification and verifiable visitor visas or work permits; we were entertained in Yuma by truckloads of illegals all making their way back across the border at Algodonez carrying everything they could take with them of any value.

We could not believe the magnitude of damage done to all types of housing in Yuma in one day/night period as they tore out all electrical fixtures, appliances, windows, doors, plumbing fixtures and copper wiring. They loaded all of their booty onto trucks and trailers and were streaming through the border check points at San Luis and Algodonez by the thousands to beat the pending deadline.

What was the cost of that fiasco? Washington could care less!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2013, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
...These people have no respect for the rule of law because it doesn't exist within their home country. Graft and corruption is the way of life for them and they simply do not respect any form government imposed law enforcement. Their lives are centered around how they can exist outside of any government intervention. That does not change because they cross a fence or ditch full of water!...
That's quite some statement about all Mexicans made by a Canadian...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2013, 11:28 AM
 
16,739 posts, read 9,468,766 times
Reputation: 12136
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
That's quite some statement about all Mexicans made by a Canadian...

Yeppers! And it would be confirmed by the fact they've entered illegally, right?

What's my being a Canadian got to do with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2013, 11:49 AM
 
48,519 posts, read 80,998,062 times
Reputation: 17978
They have more funding coming this eyar than last even with sequester.its all spi to get more money is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2013, 10:04 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Yeppers! And it would be confirmed by the fact they've entered illegally, right?

What's my being a Canadian got to do with it?
Exactly. And imagine if even just 10 million of the most impoverished Americans were moving illegally into Mexico and demanding free health care and free education for their children and demanding the Mexican government reward them for their illegal entry.

No other country in the world encourages foreigners to break its immigration laws or promises them they'll be nicely rewarded for doing so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2013, 03:13 AM
 
1,163 posts, read 1,153,130 times
Reputation: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Yeppers! And it would be confirmed by the fact they've entered illegally, right?

What's my being a Canadian got to do with it?
You have a right to express your opinion, and most Americans agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2013, 10:48 AM
 
16,739 posts, read 9,468,766 times
Reputation: 12136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
You have a right to express your opinion, and most Americans agree with you.
As a Canadian popularly categorized as a "snowbird" I spend 6 months in the winter in your beautiful sounthern climes LEGALLY.

I subject myself to the TSA and all of the necessary checks of passport and answering truthfully to questions like "where are you travelling to" and an answer such as "oh just touring around" will get you denied entry. You must give a primary destination in these times after 9/11.

"Can you prove you can sustain yourself financially for the duration of your stay" which has often required me showing my private pension fund statements, bank statements of funds held in U.S. accounts. Title papers to a house owned in the U.S. A form 8840 filed to prove that I have a closer connection to Canada through payment of all income taxes, property taxes, utility bills, etc., in Canada and not working gaining an income under the radar. Title and proof of current vehicle insurance for any vehicles I am either driving down or own in the U.S.

I willingly comply because I've travelled extensively worldwide through out my business life and know full well that entry into a foreign country is a PRIVILEDGE and NOT a right.

Having wintered in Yuma for 6 winters; it nevertheless has galled me to no end to realize that these illegals are wading across the river near a restaurant we used to frequent on the Mexican side right beneath the windows of the U.S. border control point with officers sometimes watching them and doing NOTHING about it. It further angered me to witness first hand the contradictions when U.S Border Agents were actively persuing a stolen Suburban through the Imperial Sand Dunes only to be stopped when faced with Mexican Military preventing them from going further while allowing the stolen vehicle to drive off into the sun. Those same Mexican authorities turn a blind eye when drug runners and "coyotes" were moving their product the other direction.

A border agent injured and bleeding from the mouth as a result of a scuffle with an illegal, that was part of a group of 20 or so, giving a cold bottle of water to that same illegal and helping him drink it by holding it up to his mouth for him while his wrists were tied with nylon zip ties.

You folks can be rightly proud of all those Border Patrol Agents who are trying mightily to stem the flow with limited and changing resources that are all too often tied to petty political machinations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
As a Canadian popularly categorized as a "snowbird" I spend 6 months in the winter in your beautiful sounthern climes LEGALLY.

I subject myself to the TSA and all of the necessary checks of passport and answering truthfully to questions like "where are you travelling to" and an answer such as "oh just touring around" will get you denied entry. You must give a primary destination in these times after 9/11.

"Can you prove you can sustain yourself financially for the duration of your stay" which has often required me showing my private pension fund statements, bank statements of funds held in U.S. accounts. Title papers to a house owned in the U.S. A form 8840 filed to prove that I have a closer connection to Canada through payment of all income taxes, property taxes, utility bills, etc., in Canada and not working gaining an income under the radar. Title and proof of current vehicle insurance for any vehicles I am either driving down or own in the U.S.

I willingly comply because I've travelled extensively worldwide through out my business life and know full well that entry into a foreign country is a PRIVILEDGE and NOT a right.

Having wintered in Yuma for 6 winters; it nevertheless has galled me to no end to realize that these illegals are wading across the river near a restaurant we used to frequent on the Mexican side right beneath the windows of the U.S. border control point with officers sometimes watching them and doing NOTHING about it. It further angered me to witness first hand the contradictions when U.S Border Agents were actively persuing a stolen Suburban through the Imperial Sand Dunes only to be stopped when faced with Mexican Military preventing them from going further while allowing the stolen vehicle to drive off into the sun. Those same Mexican authorities turn a blind eye when drug runners and "coyotes" were moving their product the other direction.

A border agent injured and bleeding from the mouth as a result of a scuffle with an illegal, that was part of a group of 20 or so, giving a cold bottle of water to that same illegal and helping him drink it by holding it up to his mouth for him while his wrists were tied with nylon zip ties.

You folks can be rightly proud of all those Border Patrol Agents who are trying mightily to stem the flow with limited and changing resources that are all too often tied to petty political machinations.
Yet we are told in here by some that if you have a white face and your Canadian it's a piece of cake for you to come to our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2013, 07:08 PM
 
16,739 posts, read 9,468,766 times
Reputation: 12136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yet we are told in here by some that if you have a white face and your Canadian it's a piece of cake for you to come to our country.
As a Canadian; I can apply for what is called a Nexus pass

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEXUS_(...veler_program)


which will expedite my entry. This would involve making an application with providing all information such as passport, driver's license number, birth certificate, banking info, house titles etc., and authorizing a complete background check. At a certain point in the process after all of the background check etc., are complete and agreeable then I must make an appointment at one of the border crossing sites to complete an interview and have an Iris scan performed for database. IF all of this is approved as sufficient then I get my pass and it will get me expedited through the TSA/Border checkpoints for MOST of my crossings but would still allow for random scrutiny at any time they see fit.

I have not applied for the pass as I now fly to and fro to the U.S. and the TSA experience does not offend me all that much. Were they to require me to furnish fingerprint or iris scan for regular entry, I would willlingly comply. Why not?

From being present at at least three border crossings from Mexico into the U.S. I have witnessed on many occasions, Mexicans showing a card and being allowed to walk unimpeded through the check point while myself and U.S. citizens are required to stand in line to show passports and answer all the usual questions. I can only assume they have a similar arrangement as the Nexus pass which eases their crossing scrutiny.

Last edited by BruSan; 02-28-2013 at 07:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top