U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-27-2013, 02:27 PM
 
33,299 posts, read 14,535,567 times
Reputation: 7577

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuselage View Post
don't know what specific incident you are talking about.

There were a bunch of illegals released from detention in georgia - a red state.

Republicans wanted budget cuts and ice (us immigration and customs enforcement) decided that detaining illegals who had no outstanding warrants or who had not committed any other crimes was not the best use of available funds. They are correct.

Or did people somehow think that budget cuts wouldn't affect important aspects of all of our lives? That seems rather ignorant. Republicans are rather vocal about cutting the budget. Well, you got it.

You see, when you cut the budget, you need to prioritize and detaining people whose only offense is the non-violent act of being in the us illegally is just not high on the list - not when you have violent illegals to deal with, not when you have drug smuggling to deal with, not when there is cross-border violence.

It's what happens when all you do is obstruct, obstruct, obstruct - no matter what - and when you think "compromise" is a dirty word. Our country goes down the drain.

They are also not let go - the are under "supervised release."

alas, what does that have to do with obama?

Last i checked, republicans were just as guilty of playing politics: The president has blamed republicans for refusing a compromise that would include the closure of tax loopholes, while the gop has blamed senate democrats for failing to propose a legislative fix. So, at best, you could blame senate democrats.

And why does "illegal immigrant" automatically equate "potential for violence" to you?
there are no cuts. It is a decrease in the expected increase.

Their budget is bigger then it was last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-27-2013, 02:28 PM
 
15,385 posts, read 8,679,661 times
Reputation: 13769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Oh, but it WASN'T obama, it was just one of his department heads. HE has deniability!
Just like it was obama who SIGNED the sequester bill into law, but it isn't HIS fault!
Just like obama keeps crying that the Repugnicans will not "compromise"! NEWS FLASH!, Mr. President, "compromise" does NOT mean "do it my way!"
BAH, HUMBUG!
to both sides!
Apparently, if you're so stupid, busy or indifferent, you can just say "I didn't know". No matter that it's your JOB to know. Kind of like Benghazi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2013, 02:36 PM
 
9,312 posts, read 5,582,339 times
Reputation: 4632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Where, exactly, was anything like that said?
FACT: obama wanted it
Apparently, so did Congress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
FACT: the house and senate passed it, at obama's request
Yeah, because Congress, especially the House, routinely passes things they truly don't want merely because Obama requests them, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
FACT: obama signed it into law.
Agreed. Once Congress debated the bill, voted on it and passed it in both houses, it landed on the president's desk. It's been being done like that, and in that order, since the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
FACT: obama could have vetoed it, but did not
No disagreement here. President Obama absolutely did not veto the bill that Congress passed and sent to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
FACT: obama has been shouting scare tactics to the public, telling lies about what will happen if the sequestration is allowed to proceed
You say scare tactics; I say he's warning the public of what is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
FACT: There will be very few, if any cuts to current programs. the budgets will not INCREASE, but there will be few cuts, in spite of obama's doomsaying
Well, then, you have no reason to be bellowing. But I get the sense, from the sheer amount of "Obama owns the sequester!" posts here, somehow you don't really believe that.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 02-27-2013 at 02:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2013, 03:00 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Apparently, if you're so stupid, busy or indifferent, you can just say "I didn't know". No matter that it's your JOB to know. Kind of like Benghazi.


Appearantly he must feel his supporters are too stupid, to pay attention to what he says. He can dish out the bull, and they will buy it.

Kind of funny and odd, things he should know about, he seems to not know, what the hell does he think we are all stupid! not the case, just some of you, who make the worse excuses for this President.

Actually getting kind of funny. Seeing who has the best excuses on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2013, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Austin
28,962 posts, read 15,523,699 times
Reputation: 7714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
This is seriously an impeachable act.
If one of these illegals kills or rapes someone,it is on Barack Hussein Obama.
What a piece of human refuse this bastard is.
He would rather release illegals than cut foreign aid or reduce other wasteful spending.

He's like a little boy...spiteful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2013, 03:03 PM
 
5,768 posts, read 3,091,937 times
Reputation: 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
There were a bunch of illegals released from detention in Georgia - a red state.

Republicans wanted budget cuts and ICE (US Immigration and Customs Enforcement) decided that detaining illegals who had no outstanding warrants or who had not committed any other crimes was not the best use of available funds. They are correct.
So release them from the detention centers ..... loaded up on buses or ships headed for wherever they belong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2013, 03:07 PM
 
14,298 posts, read 7,724,729 times
Reputation: 4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
This is seriously an impeachable act.
If one of these illegals kills or rapes someone,it is on Barack Hussein Obama.
What a piece of human refuse this bastard is.
It's another part of his executive branch slight of hand to assist implementation of the failed Dream Act. You see, there are future democrat voters but the problem is - they have been arrested for a crime.

These criminals won't be able to qualify for amnesty if they get convicted. So, Obama is releasing them now, without bond, before they can be convicted, and essentially dropping all charges. This way, these future democrats can get their amnesty and vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2013, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,001,037 times
Reputation: 12105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
FACT: obama wanted it
Why? Do you also believe that...
- he wanted to make raising debt ceiling a major issue and create obstacles for it
- he wanted to drastically cut spending (when it is plenty of idiots who accuse of him being the spender)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2013, 03:22 PM
 
4,159 posts, read 4,192,017 times
Reputation: 2196
This is the real Obama. Power at any cost. How many children will be killed by these illegals? How many women will be raped? Homes robbed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
60,048 posts, read 30,586,259 times
Reputation: 12809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Don't know what specific incident you are talking about.

There were a bunch of illegals released from detention in Georgia - a red state.

Republicans wanted budget cuts and ICE (US Immigration and Customs Enforcement) decided that detaining illegals who had no outstanding warrants or who had not committed any other crimes was not the best use of available funds. They are correct.

Or did people somehow think that budget cuts wouldn't affect important aspects of all of our lives? That seems rather ignorant. Republicans are rather vocal about cutting the budget. Well, you got it.

You see, when you cut the budget, you need to prioritize and detaining people whose only offense is the non-violent act of being in the US illegally is just not high on the list - not when you have violent illegals to deal with, not when you have drug smuggling to deal with, not when there is cross-border violence.

It's what happens when all you do is obstruct, obstruct, obstruct - no matter what - and when you think "compromise" is a dirty word. Our country goes down the drain.

They are also not let go - the are under "supervised release."

Alas, what does that have to do with Obama?

Last I checked, Republicans were just as guilty of playing politics: The president has blamed Republicans for refusing a compromise that would include the closure of tax loopholes, while the GOP has blamed Senate Democrats for failing to propose a legislative fix. So, at best, you could blame Senate Democrats.

And why does "illegal immigrant" automatically equate "potential for violence" to you?


It would have been a different story, had he waited until the sequester went into effect, before cutting something so stupid, that didn't need to be cut. Nothing needs to be cut. Things need to quite growing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top