Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 12:22 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times

Advertisements

Top DHS checkpoint refusals - YouTube

I couldn't watch that for more than a few seconds. Think about it, though. It's kind of surreal. Having crossed many borders in my life, I've never thought about giving the agents grief. You do that in some places in the world, and I bet you would be put under the jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 12:50 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
I have to wonder now.
This man is traveling down a street or highway, a police car pulls behind him with flashing lights, the cop hits the siren and he refuses to pull over. I can see this man having an asphalt or gravel face in the future and being hogtied.

Or, even worse.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:59 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,727,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I couldn't watch that for more than a few seconds. Think about it, though. It's kind of surreal. Having crossed many borders in my life, I've never thought about giving the agents grief. You do that in some places in the world, and I bet you would be put under the jail.
I don't think he is on a border though. I believe his beef is that these are interior checkpoints, like this one located east of Yuma about 20 miles from the border.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:04 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:

Top DHS checkpoint refusals - YouTube

Maybe you should try watching it before posting and complaining. The issue was this wasn't even near any border.

This was an Amerian questioning what was going on and why were cars being pulled over, there a few videos on You Tube of people having the nerve to speak up.

Ironic that you mention in some places in the world you would be put in jail, well guess what it will coming here soon.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:09 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
[youtube]u4Ku17CqdZg

You do realize this is NOT a border crossing. These dudes are just driving down the road minding their business. The DHS is violating their fourth amendment rights.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:45 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Very telling that it is the liberals on this forum who are supporting the encroachment of liberty exemplified by these dictator state style checkpoints.

More evidence that too many liberals just consider the constitution to be nothing more than TP.

Americans died for that paper - the least any citizen can do is to uphold it.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:24 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Very telling that it is the liberals on this forum who are supporting the encroachment of liberty exemplified by these dictator state style checkpoints.
The inland checkpoints have been there for as long as I can remember - at least 25 years. They have a good record of drug seizures and catching illegals trying to move inland from the border.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:26 PM

After viewing the video, it appeared like the vehicle driver entered border patrol checkpoints, the reason I believe this is because "offices" aren't transported around the countryside, another reason I believe this is because of the toll type booths shown in the background of the video.

People complain our CBP department isn't doing their job, and people complain about illegals coming into the USA, and then complain that their first and fourth amendment rights are being violated because CBP asks a few civil and simple questions, or are asked to pull aside for inspection purposes.

Which way do you folks want it now? You want interdiction of illegals and illicit drugs, but then want to tie the hands of the people trying to do their jobs, by invoking your constitutional rights.

IMO, if you've nothing to hide, why not cooperate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

More evidence that too many liberals just consider the constitution to be nothing more than TP.

Americans died for that paper - the least any citizen can do is to uphold it.
Arizona. Which is full of LIBERALS.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/...08092012_7.xml

I'm guessing here, but maybe CBP should have looked the other way?

Old 03-02-2013, 02:33 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Maybe you should try watching it before posting and complaining. The issue was this wasn't even near any border.

This was an Amerian questioning what was going on and why were cars being pulled over, there a few videos on You Tube of people having the nerve to speak up.

Ironic that you mention in some places in the world you would be put in jail, well guess what it will coming here soon.
Maybe you should read the thread title and actually talk about what I posted, vs. what you sort of made up in your head.

Please, cut and paste where I said the people in the video were at an actual border. You can quote the part where I said they are Border agents, though. Woah, what's that thread title say?

i would point out how you tried to make me look stupid and it kind of self reflected, but that would be mean.
United States Border Patrol Interior Checkpoints - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States Border Patrol operates 71 traffic checkpoints, including 32 permanent traffic checkpoints, near the southern border of the United States

Old 03-02-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should read the thread title and actually talk about what I posted, vs. what you sort of made up in your head.

Please, cut and paste where I said the people in the video were at an actual border. You can quote the part where I said they are Border agents, though. Woah, what's that thread title say?

i would point out how you tried to make me look stupid and it kind of self reflected, but that would be mean.
United States Border Patrol Interior Checkpoints - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States Border Patrol operates 71 traffic checkpoints, including 32 permanent traffic checkpoints, near the southern border of the United States
Your last paragraph is a grabber 70Ford. As we passed through Arizona and New Mexico, we came upon two roving or mobile border patrol checkpoints.

The reason they do this is because illegals and drugs are smuggle through the desert and once into what they {smugglers-illegals} think is a safe area, they'll head for the main roads. Excellent areas for CBP interdiction because they're easier to catch. The deserts can be very forbidding places to be, especially after nightfall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration