Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 11:15 AM

62,856 posts, read 29,085,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
No big deal to you, but a huge deal to the founding fathers who wrote the 4th amendenment of the constitution.
What part of the 4th amendment makes the enforcement of our laws unconstitutional?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 11:32 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,454,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Very telling that it is the liberals on this forum who are supporting the encroachment of liberty exemplified by these dictator state style checkpoints.

More evidence that too many liberals just consider the constitution to be nothing more than TP.

Americans died for that paper - the least any citizen can do is to uphold it.
I came up to a checkpoint on Highway 94 in San Diego County, and as soon as the CBP guys saw my white face, they waved me through.

In other words, they were practicing racial profiling.

I thought you conservatives approved of that sort of thing.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:49 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I came up to a checkpoint on Highway 94 in San Diego County, and as soon as the CBP guys saw my white face, they waved me through.

It's your mere assumption that because of your "white face" they waved you through. CBP doesn't have to stop every vehicle at a temporary location. They don't have to interrogate every stop. Officers have broad discretion in the questions they ask, and who they single out for interrogation.

UNITED STATES v. BRIGNONI-PONCE, 422 U.S. 873 (1975)

Quote:
The Fourth Amendment held not to allow a roving patrol of the Border Patrol to stop a vehicle near the Mexican border and question its occupants about their citizenship and immigration status, when the only ground for suspicion is that the occupants appear to be of Mexican ancestry. Except at the border and its functional equivalents, patrolling officers may stop vehicles only if they are aware of specific articulable facts, together with rational inferences therefrom, reasonably warranting suspicion that the vehicles contain aliens who may be illegally in the country. Pp. 878-887.
So much for your assumption.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:52 PM

62,856 posts, read 29,085,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post

Gee, what color skin do most illegal immigrants have and what border are most of them coming through? How do you know he was waving you through because of your white face? There are usually other criteria they are looking for also which triggers them to stop you.

No conservatives don't approve of racial profiling but asking for immigration status when one can't provide a valid ID when stopped for some infraction of the law contrary to the lies and spin by the ethnocentrics and other defenders of illegal immigrants.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:06 PM

19,004 posts, read 14,180,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
This man is traveling down a street or highway, a police car pulls behind him with flashing lights, the cop hits the siren and he refuses to pull over. I can see this man having an asphalt or gravel face in the future and being hogtied.
Since traffic stops are presumed consensual, and until an officer has a specific articulable fact that a felony was committed, he has no authority to use force to apprehend, it would not be reasonable to expect "gravel face" as a consequence for not pulling over.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:10 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Since traffic stops are presumed consensual, and until an officer has a specific articulable fact that a felony was committed, he has no authority to use force to apprehend, it would not be reasonable to expect "gravel face" as a consequence for not pulling over.
Would it not be an articulable fact that if the driver is not pulling over that he is now evading the officer and the officer has authority to use force during the apprehension? We have seen it many times when a driver attempts to outrun the police they get pulled out of their car and placed face down on the road, resulting in said "gravel face" with no penalty to the officer.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:48 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,722,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Ainti-gay, anti-woman, nutbar Pastor Steve Anderson makes most of these videos. That's him in the OP's video.

He hates gays "Our country is run by fagggots"
And why is that important to this thread?

Old 03-04-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What part of the 4th amendment makes the enforcement of our laws unconstitutional?
If those laws violate the 4th amendment, they cannot be enforced.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I have to wonder now.
This man is traveling down a street or highway, a police car pulls behind him with flashing lights, the cop hits the siren and he refuses to pull over. I can see this man having an asphalt or gravel face in the future and being hogtied.

Or, even worse.
But that didn't happen in the OP video. The drivers did stop.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Would it not be an articulable fact that if the driver is not pulling over that he is now evading the officer and the officer has authority to use force during the apprehension? We have seen it many times when a driver attempts to outrun the police they get pulled out of their car and placed face down on the road, resulting in said "gravel face" with no penalty to the officer.
But the driver in the OP video did pull over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration