U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 01:28 AM

212 posts, read 319,975 times

Advertisements

I wish they would do that!! I also wish they would stop messing with cities that try to make sure people are legal before they rent or sell them a place to live. Farmer's Branch (I believe) tried that. I just don't understand why illegals are not treated like they are breaking the law. Or why people that assist them are not either. Being homeless would maybe inspire them to go back to their own home. I think one thing that would also cut down on the illegals is the antiquated policy that allows any pregnant chic to cross a river and pop out a legal citizen. We are on of the only industrialized nations in the world with a policy like that. Then there would be no, "Wah, wah, don't take my daddy away!!". I'm not sure what the government here is doing. I guess they don't have to worry about it in the gated communities and mansions that they live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 10:05 AM

9,138 posts, read 6,525,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txaquarius View Post
I wish they would do that!! I also wish they would stop messing with cities that try to make sure people are legal before they rent or sell them a place to live. Farmer's Branch (I believe) tried that. I just don't understand why illegals are not treated like they are breaking the law. Or why people that assist them are not either. Being homeless would maybe inspire them to go back to their own home. I think one thing that would also cut down on the illegals is the antiquated policy that allows any pregnant chic to cross a river and pop out a legal citizen. We are on of the only industrialized nations in the world with a policy like that. Then there would be no, "Wah, wah, don't take my daddy away!!". I'm not sure what the government here is doing. I guess they don't have to worry about it in the gated communities and mansions that they live in.

Quote:
try to make sure people are legal before they rent or sell them a place to live
The proplem is that people dont have to be citizen of the US to rent or own real property. A Japanese business man can come here and rent or buy property and not be a citizen. The property owner can sell or rent to whom ever they wish or restrict. The "state", in this case FB city counsil tried to restict property owner on who they could rent to.

Quote:

...the antiquated policy that allows any pregnant chic to cross a river and pop out a legal citizen
That antiquated policy is the citizenship clause of the 14th amendment to the US Constitution. If you wish to change that "policy" you can do so.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:16 AM

31,996 posts, read 14,770,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
The proplem is that people dont have to be citizen of the US to rent or own real property. A Japanese business man can come here and rent or buy property and not be a citizen. The property owner can sell or rent to whom ever they wish or restrict. The "state", in this case FB city counsil tried to restict property owner on who they could rent to.

That antiquated policy is the citizenship clause of the 14th amendment to the US Constitution. If you wish to change that "policy" you can do so.
The "clause" is being misinterpreted so all it needs is clarification by the Supreme Court.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The "clause" is being misinterpreted so all it needs is clarification by the Supreme Court.
Then let me amend my statment...If you beleive that the 14th amendment in total or in part is an antiquated "policy" or is being misinterpreted then you can work to change that.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Then let me amend my statment...If you beleive that the 14th amendment in total or in part is an antiquated "policy" or is being misinterpreted then you can work to change that.
That's exactly what the patriots in this country are doing including myself. I am sure it will be met with much objection from the liberals and ethnocentrics because of their bleeding hearts and ethnic agenda in this. It's ok, it's a battle worth fighting for. Most countries do not grant birthright citizenship to babies born from illegal immigrant parents. Usually, at least one parent has to be a citizen or legal resident of said country. The more broke we become from supporting anchor babies the more the public will wake up, however.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's exactly what the patriots in this country are doing including myself. I am sure it will be met with much objection from the liberals and ethnocentrics because of their bleeding hearts and ethnic agenda in this. It's ok, it's a battle worth fighting for. Most countries do not grant birthright citizenship to babies born from illegal immigrant parents. Usually, at least one parent has to be a citizen or legal resident of said country. The more broke we become from supporting anchor babies the more the public will wake up, however.
I will disagree with one assessment you make. I believe that the people that can decide the issues are awake. I believe that over the past two elections, the battle against illegal immigration has suffered major losses. Those legislative and judicial decessions and the unablity to move illegal immigration proposals foward took the wind out of the sails of the movement.

Anecdoltal evidence is the participation on this very forum. Participation has dropped off dramatically. Why? I believe that most people that were struggling to make the changes you advocate realized that legislative and judicial decissions have hindered that progress.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I will disagree with one assessment you make. I believe that the people that can decide the issues are awake. I believe that over the past two elections, the battle against illegal immigration has suffered major losses. Those legislative and judicial decessions and the unablity to move illegal immigration proposals foward took the wind out of the sails of the movement.

Anecdoltal evidence is the participation on this very forum. Participation has dropped off dramatically. Why? I believe that most people that were struggling to make the changes you advocate realized that legislative and judicial decissions have hindered that progress.
Well I will also have to disagree with you then. I think the same number of Americans opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty are still out there or even more. I don't think you can use this particular forum as an example of the opposite. On other forums I find the comments and posters are even more vehemently opposed to it.

On the other hand, there are some Republicans in congress who are starting to cave in under the stupid notion that their party will gain more of the Hispanic vote. They will receive the same public outcry that they received when Bush tried to push an amnesty and it never happened, did it?

Old 03-06-2013, 11:01 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,857,919 times
Quote:

The battle against illegal immigration is far from over. Don't gauge the battle by the participation on this forum. This is merely an internet discussion board. Legislative changes won't be made by posting or debating this issue here. Hopefully, some clueless citizens will read these threads and become enlightened, but that is as much as can be expected.

However, it is true that many politicians who opposed amnesty have now jumped on the pro-illegal bandwagon, simply because they fear the wrath of the Hispanic voter. It's strictly political. In reality, both Democrats and Republicans don't actually give a damn about illegal aliens or so-called Comprehensive Immigration Reform. They will support anything if they think it will secure votes to maintain their cushy do-nothing jobs in Congress. Sadly, U.S. citizens are the ones being screwed. But, such is life.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:33 PM

32,997 posts, read 30,260,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The battle against illegal immigration is far from over. Don't gauge the battle by the participation on this forum. This is merely an internet discussion board. Legislative changes won't be made by posting or debating this issue here. Hopefully, some clueless citizens will read these threads and become enlightened, but that is as much as can be expected.

However, it is true that many politicians who opposed amnesty have now jumped on the pro-illegal bandwagon, simply because they fear the wrath of the Hispanic voter. It's strictly political. In reality, both Democrats and Republicans don't actually give a damn about illegal aliens or so-called Comprehensive Immigration Reform. They will support anything if they think it will secure votes to maintain their cushy do-nothing jobs in Congress. Sadly, U.S. citizens are the ones being screwed. But, such is life.
Yep,

It appears the POTUS is willing to roll out another Reagan-ish fail but on steroids. 11 million this time vs 3 and with no real changes in border protection to the South and no push of E-verify to keep visa over-stays in check we are setting up for 100 million Illegal Aliens by what, 2025?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or