U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-04-2013, 01:32 PM
 
281 posts, read 590,017 times
Reputation: 364

Advertisements

I was reading an article about illegal immigration and it stated that most legal immigrants support the amnesty for illegal immigrants because they all share the immigrant experience. Considering MOST illegal immigrants are from Latin America, I wonder what Asian Legal Immigrants think about Hispanic Illegal Immigrants.

(Studies have shown that most Hispanic LEGAL Immigrants want to give amnesty to the Illegal Immigrants from Latin America.)

 
Old 03-04-2013, 02:16 PM
 
30,341 posts, read 14,063,378 times
Reputation: 7942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Man View Post
I was reading an article about illegal immigration and it stated that most legal immigrants support the amnesty for illegal immigrants because they all share the immigrant experience. Considering MOST illegal immigrants are from Latin America, I wonder what Asian Legal Immigrants think about Hispanic Illegal Immigrants.

(Studies have shown that most Hispanic LEGAL Immigrants want to give amnesty to the Illegal Immigrants from Latin America.)
Legal and illegal immigrants do not share the same experience. I note you didn't provide a link to your article. If I were a legal immigrant whether Asian or Hispanic or some other legal immigrant I would be pretty upset that illegal immigants might be getting a pass on the legal process while I paid my dues to come here legally.
 
Old 03-04-2013, 07:09 PM
 
Location: Phila Pa
2,432 posts, read 1,715,476 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Man View Post
I was reading an article about illegal immigration and it stated that most legal immigrants support the amnesty for illegal immigrants because they all share the immigrant experience. Considering MOST illegal immigrants are from Latin America, I wonder what Asian Legal Immigrants think about Hispanic Illegal Immigrants.

(Studies have shown that most Hispanic LEGAL Immigrants want to give amnesty to the Illegal Immigrants from Latin America.)
What I can tell you is that most legal Asian immigrants support illegal Asian immigrants, so I am sure they would support Hispanic illegals all the same. What you need to understand in the Asian community for example, illegal Asians do not live at the other end of town away from the legal Asians. They work together, worship together, and are friends and family. The same holds true for Hispanics.
 
Old 03-04-2013, 07:16 PM
 
30,341 posts, read 14,063,378 times
Reputation: 7942
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
What I can tell you is that most legal Asian immigrants support illegal Asian immigrants, so I am sure they would support Hispanic illegals all the same. What you need to understand in the Asian community for example, illegal Asians do not live at the other end of town away from the legal Asians. They work together, worship together, and are friends and family. The same holds true for Hispanics.
If that is truly the sentiments of the legal immigrant community then perhaps we need evaluate what type of legal immigrants we allow in here. How about favoring those who respect our immigration laws and expect everyone else to abide by them regardless of ethnic ties? The opposite of that are not a good fit for our country.
 
Old 03-04-2013, 08:17 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,001,963 times
Reputation: 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
What I can tell you is that most legal Asian immigrants support illegal Asian immigrants, so I am sure they would support Hispanic illegals all the same. What you need to understand in the Asian community for example, illegal Asians do not live at the other end of town away from the legal Asians. They work together, worship together, and are friends and family. The same holds true for Hispanics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If that is truly the sentiments of the legal immigrant community then perhaps we need evaluate what type of legal immigrants we allow in here. How about favoring those who respect our immigration laws and expect everyone else to abide by them regardless of ethnic ties? The opposite of that are not a good fit for our country.
Like OldGlory said. If "vetting" who we let in causes some people to scream "racism"; I don't care anymore. Sheesh!
 
Old 03-05-2013, 02:55 AM
Yac
 
5,853 posts, read 6,202,828 times
This thread will only end with a mess and I doubt the OP will get any serious answers. Also, since you're asking legal immigrants about their opinions, why is this in the illegal immigration forum ?
Closed.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 PM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top