U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 11:17 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
...I must be missing something, because I only see a chart containing stats for illegal alien households consisting of couples with children both married and cohabitating. I don't see anything specifically pertaining to illegal aliens with spouses who are U.S. citizens, LPRs, or others with legal status. So, please explain how the chart you posted addresses my following post.
It was an assumption on your part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
...Pew Research reports that illegal aliens with children are more likely to be involved with a significant other that has immigration status rather than an illegal alien (30% in a relationship with U.S. citizens, 25% with LPRs, and 45% with another illegal alien)...

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 03-09-2013 at 11:45 AM..

Old 03-09-2013, 11:20 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
What assumption? How are households with children related to illegal aliens with U.S. citizen spouses? And, how does that relate to the post you quoted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar
This should come as no surprise. Naturally, their preference would be someone who can help them legalize their status. An illegal alien spouse would serve no purpose.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum
Pew Research reports that illegal aliens with children are more likely to be involved with a significant other that has immigration status rather than an illegal alien (30% in a relationship with U.S. citizens, 25% with LPRs, and 45% with another illegal alien). "Anchor Babies" may not be "anchors" in those instances, as there are more immediate cures to illegal status through their spouse than any children. I'll answer the other posts when I have the opportunity, my "big project" took a little longer today.

...Pew Research reports that illegal aliens with children are more likely to be involved with a significant other that has immigration status rather than an illegal alien (30% in a relationship with U.S. citizens, 25% with LPRs, and 45% with another illegal alien)...

I thought something was fishy. I didn't recall posting that, because I didn't, YOU did. Please explain why you changed the quote to appear as if it originated from me?

I am of course referring to the second quote in your post #31.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:49 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum
Pew Research reports that illegal aliens with children are more likely to be involved with a significant other that has immigration status rather than an illegal alien (30% in a relationship with U.S. citizens, 25% with LPRs, and 45% with another illegal alien). "Anchor Babies" may not be "anchors" in those instances, as there are more immediate cures to illegal status through their spouse than any children. I'll answer the other posts when I have the opportunity, my "big project" took a little longer today.

I thought something was fishy. I didn't recall posting that, because I didn't, YOU did. Please explain why you changed the quote to appear as if it originated from me?

Thank you, think you know why? these posts are getting pointless, with some. I alwyas enjoy your thoughtful posts.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Thank you, think you know why? these posts are getting pointless, with some. I alwyas enjoy your thoughtful posts.
It's beyond belief! It appears at the bottom of his post #15. Yet, he later changes it to make it appear as if it originated from me. I was initially scratching my head, because I didn't recall posting it. Of course I couldn't recall it, because I didn't post it. Has it actually stooped to this level of deception?

Old 03-09-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
...I thought something was fishy. I didn't recall posting that, because I didn't, YOU did. Please explain why you changed the quote to appear as if it originated from me?

It's corrected now, I'm not really sure what happened (I manually linked it back). The category for a relationship to a U.S. citizen could be lower because former illegal aliens that have "legalized" after a marriage would not be shown. That is still simplifying that the relationship (especially if it involves children) is only to gain legal status.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Why are you hijacking your own thread? If you want to continue to discuss immigration marriage fraud, why not continue the thread in question? However, no one other than YOU is trying to make this an issue of marriage between U.S. citizens and LEGAL Mexican immigrants.
Continued in the Legal Immigration section: Which Nationalities Do You Believe Have High Marriage Fraud Rates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or