Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 10:04 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Man View Post
The illegal aliens would not be here unless there is an economic need and unmet employment shortage of those type of workers. The legal immigrants and unskilled white and black workers would not fill the need for the nasty dirty jobs that the illegal aliens are doing now.

I hate the fact that the illegals are in this country but understand why they are here and the economic and workforce challenges the country would face if they left.
WRONG! They come here out of desperation, there are no employment shortages, only greedy business people looking to take advantage of real cheap labor. There are plenty of Americans who can fill those jobs. There are plenty of teenagers who need part time work, and seniors looking to supplement their retirement. Not to mention Americans not bright enough to work at a skilled labor job.

Old 03-09-2013, 02:41 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
First, my post was tongue in cheek. Second, most foreigners that move here don't move here because they just love America and fell in love with the geography. They move here for economic opportunity. Remove that, and most foreigners will disappear. Fact
Tongue and cheek. who can tell on this forum. one man's tongue and cheek is 10 other posters reality.

Old 03-09-2013, 02:48 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
No, you would also have blacks, and legal immigrants working there still. Not to mention, maybe some teenagers could find work for a change at these places.
Exactly! There is a fast food joint near where I live. A couple of years ago all you saw was Hispanics working there. They have an e-verify sign on their counter now and there are mostly white and black teenagers working there now. Not saying that some or all of the former Hispanics were illegals but it is odd how most of them disappeared after that sign was posted.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:03 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Tongue and cheek. who can tell on this forum. one man's tongue and cheek is 10 other posters reality.
When I first skimmed through the post, I thought it was saying to "remove the geography", and imagined bulldozers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
...Second, most foreigners that move here don't move here because they just love America and fell in love with the geography. They move here for economic opportunity. Remove that, and most foreigners will disappear. Fact
Yeah, I've had a headache today...

Old 03-09-2013, 09:34 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,203,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly! There is a fast food joint near where I live. A couple of years ago all you saw was Hispanics working there. They have an e-verify sign on their counter now and there are mostly white and black teenagers working there now. Not saying that some or all of the former Hispanics were illegals but it is odd how most of them disappeared after that sign was posted.
Yea ,they left so they could go to college.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:01 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
There is no reason that work visa can be issued to worker needed ;just like they are for mnayother workers that come here.No one has ever said that people breakig the law and entering our country illegally and breakig the law by workig illegally is good either for the antion or for teh system of laws we have. All nations ahve simil;ar laws and enforce them including mexico.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:22 AM

281 posts, read 750,480 times
I have an old friend who run a number of fast food restaurants and he said the best thing that ever happened to his business was the rush of illegal and legal Hispanic Immigrants that starting taking over the workforce of the Fast Food places. They work harder, turn over less and are much more easy to manage than the lazy teenagers that use to work in fast food.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:12 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
I have an old friend who run a number of fast food restaurants and he said the best thing that ever happened to his business was the rush of illegal and legal Hispanic Immigrants that starting taking over the workforce of the Fast Food places. They work harder, turn over less and are much more easy to manage than the lazy teenagers that use to work in fast food.
Nothing but pure propaganda from a thieving, lying, lawbreaking, greedy employer and you believed him? Why would he share the fact that he is breaking the law with you? Hmm.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:45 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Uh; I've eaten at my share of fast food places and when it's American kids of ANY color working; things are usually Ok, get those that talk away in Spanish, things are NO better and are many times, WORSE.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:55 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If they are in fact illegals there is a hundred other restaurants that would hire them. E verify isnt being proposed by any politcal party at state or nation level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration